Eddie stop throwing tambourines

13»

Comments

• Hi! said:
    I say throw more instruments. Guitars, microphones, Matt could throw some drums, Boom could roll is B3 off the side of the stage. 
    I want one of those mysterious 360 degree spherical cameras that seem to pop up every now and again behind the amps. Also, those big ball lights/lighted stage balls that some in the band seem to dislike. I'm sure I could get it to fit in my rented smartcar. Or just put it on the roof and hold it while driving...but while still looking classy
    I fully endorse this!! Hell, I'll help you hold that fucker on the roof from the passenger side (I've got orangutan arms). Later I'll help you rig it up and light your world with it.
  • Bella said:
    It’s time for Ed to stop the tambourine throwing for three reasons. 
    1. The “rail hounds” are only there for that reason.
    2. It affects his performance, running about the stage at his age.
    3. He throws that many that they are not special anymore (he must have thrown at least 20 in Prague).
    Get back to the days of standing in front of the mike singing. In Prague he looked tired trying to run along the rail affecting his performance 
    Pre 2006 tour he would throw a tambourine in that he had been using, not one of the mass produced tat that comes on tour.meaning that was a special gift for the recipient.
    I want the moody Ed back.

The "at his age" comment is hitting me poorly. There are so many boxes that society would like to put us in; Girls wear pink, boys play with trucks, women can't be scientists, men don't cry, you are too old to wear trendy clothing, you are too fluffy to have a crop top, boys shouldn't play with dolls. As long as running around brings him joy, that's all that really matters.

If the tambourines weren't still special, the "rail hounds" wouldn't work so hard to get there. I doubt that one can say for certainty that that is why they are all there. Sure, they would be ecstatic to get a gift from the band, but there is nothing quite like being up so close that you can see a performer look in your eyes and give you a little nod, being so close that you can see the individual beads of sweat, or being able to closely watch their hands dance on their instruments.

How the band and their team choose to appreciate the support given to them, is really not up to us. We don't have ownership of it.
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    They should all pull trump masks out of their sweaty ballpits and huck em at the audience instead of tambourines.  It would kill 2 birds with one stone- take care of the political needs they have, and teach the the folks lining up to catch a freebourine that they got a sweaty ballmask instead.
    100% this!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Bella said:
    It’s time for Ed to stop the tambourine throwing for three reasons. 
    1. The “rail hounds” are only there for that reason.
    2. It affects his performance, running about the stage at his age.
    3. He throws that many that they are not special anymore (he must have thrown at least 20 in Prague).
    Get back to the days of standing in front of the mike singing. In Prague he looked tired trying to run along the rail affecting his performance 
    Pre 2006 tour he would throw a tambourine in that he had been using, not one of the mass produced tat that comes on tour.meaning that was a special gift for the recipient.
    I want the moody Ed back.

The "at his age" comment is hitting me poorly. There are so many boxes that society would like to put us in; Girls wear pink, boys play with trucks, women can't be scientists, men don't cry, you are too old to wear trendy clothing, you are too fluffy to have a crop top, boys shouldn't play with dolls. As long as running around brings him joy, that's all that really matters.

If the tambourines weren't still special, the "rail hounds" wouldn't work so hard to get there. I doubt that one can say for certainty that that is why they are all there. Sure, they would be ecstatic to get a gift from the band, but there is nothing quite like being up so close that you can see a performer look in your eyes and give you a little nod, being so close that you can see the individual beads of sweat, or being able to closely watch their hands dance on their instruments.

How the band and their team choose to appreciate the support given to them, is really not up to us. We don't have ownership of it.
    Thank you for this. :smile: 

#ButIStillAin'tWearingACropTop :smiley:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • BellaBella Posts: 120
    Sing the songs Eddie. No tambourines
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
    Padova Rome Prague Kraków Berlin '18
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Mike should stop throwing those guitar picks as well. He's going to take an eye out.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,491

I too would support getting rid of the tambourines.  I would love to see Ed switch to the saxophone.  Launch those suckers ten rows deep.  They just need a saxophone song.  One day. 

Sing the songs Eddie. No acrobatics. Or tambourine 
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    He should definitely stop. I already have 3.
    If he stops now, I can't get one. :smiley:
    Bella said:
    Please Ed, stand there lifeless. Don't move from right in front of your mic.  While you are at it, please sing the exact same setlist each night.  Please, phone it in every night. :weary:
    No banter required
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    Boredom has clearly hit the forums.  
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Someone start a tambourine owners thread. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    I triple dog dare you.  :lol:
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    100 Pacer said:
    Are you talking about people who own tambourines  in general or those of us who have gotten one from Ed (no children were used in catching mine)
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    He should switch to the triangle and throw those into the crowd or better yet play bugs then throw the accordion 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Bella said:
    This is said with playfulness and not aggression.

Your comment about acrobatics made me giggle. It brought to mind the idea of Ed putting on a show like Pink does.

If he ever wants to do that, I have a single, adjustable trapeze rig he could borrow (since my disorder is currently preventing me from using it).

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,627
    edited July 2018
    He can throw as many tambourines he wants. Fans that sit on their hands the whole show then start jumping around and screaming to get his attention really annoy me for some reason though. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,712
    edited July 2018
    Oh and there is always that girl..... I love you edddiiieeeee she can quit THAT 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    Oh and there is always that girl..... I love you edddiiieeeee she can quit THAT 
    Or maybe Ed could reciprocate and say “I love you, too” back to her. It would make I Got Shit less painful for her. 
  • ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    edited July 2018
    eddiec said:
    Mike should stop throwing those guitar picks as well. He's going to take an eye out.

The Mike McCready guitar pick splash zone

Proper eye protection should be worn at all times.

Image result for eye protection sign

Post edited by ryph raph on
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland