The coming 2nd American Civil War

1235»

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 11,047
    People aiming with their keyboards, they shooting uppercase.
    :clap: thread winner
    Where can I sign up for this civil war? I have a lot of uppercase at my disposal.
    You’ll probably get thrown in a cage if you try to come here. It’s our leitmotif. :murica:
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 DetroitPosts: 733
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Is this an on going war??
    It's mostly an armchair war.  Typical battle grounds include Facebook, Twitter, and a host of on-line forums.
    So with this war it just amounts to hurt feelings....
    When I refer to the so called "Civil War" I'm referring to a war of words.  I suppose some of it is about hurt feelings.   People want to be on a team, even a losing team. That's why most Americans are either Republican or Democrat which mostly is perceived as conservative/liberal.  Independents, Greens, etc are not seen as a valid team.  So most join one of the two recognized teams.   If your team is losing, that's when the hurt feelings come in.

And really, most people Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative, don't give two shits about some Alex Jones fantasy war.  Sure, there are extremest who will skirmish, but the average person has other things to do.  How many people do any of us know that we really think are going to take up arms and fight their neighbor or whatever?  Very few.  It's all a big crock of shit.  
    Anyone of us Americans, that think they're going to need to take up arms against their neighbor, is either crazy, or stupid.  At least, I'd like to think so.  It's insanity.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 12,298
    Gtilley8 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    It's mostly an armchair war.  Typical battle grounds include Facebook, Twitter, and a host of on-line forums.
    When I refer to the so called "Civil War" I'm referring to a war of words.  I suppose some of it is about hurt feelings.   People want to be on a team, even a losing team. That's why most Americans are either Republican or Democrat which mostly is perceived as conservative/liberal.  Independents, Greens, etc are not seen as a valid team.  So most join one of the two recognized teams.   If your team is losing, that's when the hurt feelings come in.

And really, most people Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative, don't give two shits about some Alex Jones fantasy war.  Sure, there are extremest who will skirmish, but the average person has other things to do.  How many people do any of us know that we really think are going to take up arms and fight their neighbor or whatever?  Very few.  It's all a big crock of shit.  
    Anyone of us Americans, that think they're going to need to take up arms against their neighbor, is either crazy, or stupid.  At least, I'd like to think so.  It's insanity.  
    Nothing surprises me in this world anymore.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 23,690

Gtilley8 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I totally agree, Gtilley.

However, in the event that craziness should somehow break out, I'm prepared!

:lol:
    "Pretty cookie heart squares all around, hey!"
    -Smile
    M.I.T.S.

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 2,973
    Now that s a cool outfit Brian 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Now that s a cool outfit Brian 
    Yeah, it really is...  until you need to poop.
    -Smile
    M.I.T.S.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 13,804
    brianlux said:
    Now that s a cool outfit Brian h
    reminds me of A Christmas Story....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    Full-body armor, pooping and Dickens.  OK, there  has to be a connection there.  I'll get back to you on that.  In a month or so. :lol:
    -Smile
    M.I.T.S.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 12,853
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    I wore the pink bunny costume to Santacon a few years ago.  It was a big hit.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 4,955
    Will Ken Burns be doing a documentary about the 2nd civil war?
    :rofl:
    -Smile
    M.I.T.S.

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MNPosts: 848
    It'll be a "short."
    1995 Milwaukee
    1998 Alpine, Alpine
    2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston
    2004 Boston, Boston
    2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)
    2011 Alpine, Alpine
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 St. Paul
    2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley
    OnWis97 said:
    It'll be a "short."
    You can Google some giffs that say something about how "short" the 2nd Civil War will be.  Most of them have side-by-side pictures, one of some dumpy looking lady with  liberal signage, the other with a bunch of lunk headed red necks with massive guns and greased faces.  What the fuck is wrong with these people, trying to make it look like the average person is on one side or the other like everyone  is that idiotic?  The average person is just not like that.  What a bunch of shit.  People making this shit up probably spend most of their hours on the couch eating cheeze doodles and watching idiotic TV shows.  Pathetic.

-Smile
    M.I.T.S.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 13,804
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    Full-body armor, pooping and Dickens.  OK, there  has to be a connection there.  I'll get back to you on that.  In a month or so. :lol:

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

LOL! 

Cold actually looks good right about now!  It's been roasty toasty and humid in these parts this week!
    -Smile
    M.I.T.S.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 40,949

I hope so! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 40,949
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    Come on Brian, you need to bone up on your A Christmas Story references! (not A Christmas Carol, hahaha). ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 8,591
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    Come on Brian, you need to bone up on your A Christmas Story references! (not A Christmas Carol, hahaha). ;)
    You're gonna shoot your eye out
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 12,853
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    It'll be a "short."
    You can Google some giffs that say something about how "short" the 2nd Civil War will be.  Most of them have side-by-side pictures, one of some dumpy looking lady with  liberal signage, the other with a bunch of lunk headed red necks with massive guns and greased faces.  What the fuck is wrong with these people, trying to make it look like the average person is on one side or the other like everyone  is that idiotic?  The average person is just not like that.  What a bunch of shit.  People making this shit up probably spend most of their hours on the couch eating cheeze doodles and watching idiotic TV shows.  Pathetic.

How do you know what a cheeze doodle is?  That's an east coast thing!
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    It'll be a "short."

How do you know what a cheeze doodle is?  That's an east coast thing!
    You'd think it was because I lived in western NY for a couple years (Chautauqua County) but that was in the mid to late 70's and I don't remember seeing them then.  No, the only reason I know cheeze doodles is because I read James Howard Kunstler's Clusterfuck blog and he loves to throw that term out there from time to time.  Funny man that James Howard!
    -Smile
    M.I.T.S.

1235»