Justice Kennedy Retiring

Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

Comments

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    We should just hold off on the nomination process until we have a President that isn't under investigation.
    Right?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    I blame the future one sided supreme Court on all the people who thought it was a good idea to vote for a raving...
    Racist
    Xenophobe
    narcissist
    Liar
    CM189191 said:
    We should just hold off on the nomination process until we have a President that isn't under investigation.5
    Right?
    Yes
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    McConnell rule is cant hold hearings during an election year. Have to let the people have a say. I'm sure he'll stick with that
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Wtf
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    its rough.... but all the dummies that stayed home or voted for a hopeless third party need to fuck themselves.
  • wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 291
    We R F'ed
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    MAGA
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    NewJPage said:
    McConnell rule is cant hold hearings during an election year. Have to let the people have a say. I'm sure he'll stick with that
    Not a midterm election, that’s the case with a prez election tho
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    MAGA
    Exactly, we need to go back to when women and minorities couldn't vote. When your wife stayed at home barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. When you could just dump your trash in the nearest river. When you could send the boy to go work in the coal mine to earn support the family. The good old days when america was great!
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    MayDay10 said:
    its rough.... but all the dummies that stayed home or voted for a hopeless third party need to fuck themselves.
    yep...straight up
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    dignin said:
    MAGA
    Exactly, we need to go back to when women and minorities couldn't vote. When your wife stayed at home barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. When you could just dump your trash in the nearest river. When you could send the boy to go work in the coal mine to earn support the family. The good old days when america was great!
    Not that far back, how about say, the 80's ? MAGA
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I still can't believe it was legal for trump to change the fucking rules for nomination so they could fast track Gorsuch. slimeballs. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    MayDay10 said:
    +10000
    Especially the Bernie Bros the ultra-liberal crowd who just couldn't bring themselves to vote for Clinton, because...???  

I was NOT a fan of Clinton at all, but I voted for her for this exact reason.  Unfortunately, Trump may seat at least one more SC judge before 2020 gets here.
    dignin said:
    MAGA
    The 80's really sucked ass for an awful lot of people. 

That was when wages began to stagnate, the "middle class" started to disappear, and the area we now call the Rust Belt started to get really rusty and then decay.  America has never really been great unless you are/were a wealthy (wealthy, not rich, there is a difference) white man.
    dignin said:
    MAGA

That was when wages began to stagnate, the "middle class" started to disappear, and the area we now call the Rust Belt started to get really rusty and then decay.  America has never really been great unless you are/were a wealthy (wealthy, not rich, there is a difference) white man.
    OK, the 70's work for you? The 60's ? Let me guess, it has always sucked in this nation.. MSCGA (Make the Supreme Court Great Again)
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    CM189191 said:
    We should just hold off on the nomination process until we have a President that isn't under investigation.
    Right?
    unfortunately, the Democrats suck at everything including playing dirty.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    MayDay10 said:
    We all get to reap what they have sown.  
    They were fucking warned this would happen as well, it wasn't done in ignorance, it was done in obstinance.  I know that's not a real word but it should be.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    dignin said:
    MAGA

OK, the 70's work for you? The 60's ? Let me guess, it has always sucked in this nation.. MSCGA (Make the Supreme Court Great Again)
    For a large percentage of the people who have resided in this country, life has/was been difficult.  Whether you were a woman, a person of color, LGBTQ, disabled, under-educated, lived in rural areas or certain regions of the country, or even being a working stiff; life in America has been difficult.  Is it better than other places; yes.  I'm not trashing America.  I live here, but I'm very confused be this notion of "making America great again."  It seems to elude to some fantasy time and place that I can't find in any history book.  Anyways, have a nice day.
    dignin said:
    MAGA

I'm curious to find out when the Supreme Court was great?
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Yuge.

Ginsberg could be close too.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    dignin said:
    MAGA

Pretty obvious you're 100% white male
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    rgambs said:
    MayDay10 said:
    We all get to reap what they have sown.  
    They were fucking warned this would happen as well, it wasn't done in ignorance, it was done in obstinance.  I know that's not a real word but it should be.
    https://www.google.ca/search?client=safari&channel=iphone_bm&source=hp&ei=5ewzW7zvGdTj9AOfsKu4Cw&q=obstinance+meaning&oq=obstinance&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.1.35i39j0j0i67j0i20i263l2.3130.6594..7897...1....219.1993.0j5j5......0....1.......5..0i10.aftLmnAbi9I%3D
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    my2hands said:
    dignin said:
    MAGA

Hey what’s wrong with being a white guy?
    my2hands said:
    dignin said:
    MAGA

At any point in human history, not much.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited June 2018
    dignin said:
    my2hands said:
    dignin said:
    MAGA

:clap:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    CM189191 said:
    Right?
    Right..... If Trump's smart (ha!) he'll act on this immediately though, before the elections in November. If he waits then there's the possibility of the Dems doing to him what the Reps did to Obama.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    dignin said:
    my2hands said:
    dignin said:
    MAGA

That’s pretty fly for a white guy.

I have so much white guilt! 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    vaggar99 said: I
    CM189191 said:
    Right?
    unfortunately, the Democrats suck at everything including playing dirty.

I wish we had upvotes.

Upvoted.

Is this Bill Maher?
    edited June 2018
    I warned people 2 years ago that if the wrong person got elected we would end up with a federal judiciary that was majority  conservative and would have to live with that for 25 years or more.

McConell And Bannon have been approving conservative judges to federal courts for 17 months now.

#ByeRoeVWade
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on