What Was Your First Concert?

124»

Comments

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Just as a side.. isn't it sort of interesting how their music has been banished?! I understand why but really kind of weird to think about.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe they ever play their songs on the radio anymore.  A "Grammy award winning" artist with several greatest hits that people in the next generation have no clue existed. Just had me thinking about how strange it was today. Do they still play them anywhere? Maybe Germany? Not where I live/have lived.
    Their music is still on streaming platforms, so not banished and I think younger people probably stumble upon it, but it is pretty damned dated music, so interest probably wouldn't be too high even if they hadn't been shamed. The only reason I still like their hits is mostly because of the nostalgia factor.

It is funny how dated 80s and early 90s pop sounds. I still prefer it over the new shit they call pop music. Teddy Riley pretty much ruined R&B pop music with new jack swing. after that everything had to have a hip hop beat to it. now it all sounds once you throw in that vocoder/pitch correction shit.
    Yeah, some of it anyway. Though not all. Like MJ - his music doesn't seem dated at all to me; it's still totally relevant IMHO. Same with a few other massive pop albums, like George Michael Faith or INXS KICK. Those still totally hold up I think! :) Milli Vanilli? Not so much, lol, along with the likes of Tiffany and Paula Abdul. Not to say I don't still enjoy listening to those, but only because I remember listening to them as a kid, not because it's damn fine music that has withstood the test of time.
    It's definitely dated but I have to say Girl You Know It's True Remix has a killer beat. Blasted it on my car stereo for reasons of nostalgia last Friday and was like damnnn! Had me hooked.

MV over MJ every day of the week and on leap year.

fuck MJ and Prince

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Just as a side.. isn't it sort of interesting how their music has been banished?! I understand why but really kind of weird to think about.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe they ever play their songs on the radio anymore.  A "Grammy award winning" artist with several greatest hits that people in the next generation have no clue existed. Just had me thinking about how strange it was today. Do they still play them anywhere? Maybe Germany? Not where I live/have lived.
    Their music is still on streaming platforms, so not banished and I think younger people probably stumble upon it, but it is pretty damned dated music, so interest probably wouldn't be too high even if they hadn't been shamed. The only reason I still like their hits is mostly because of the nostalgia factor.

It is funny how dated 80s and early 90s pop sounds. I still prefer it over the new shit they call pop music. Teddy Riley pretty much ruined R&B pop music with new jack swing. after that everything had to have a hip hop beat to it. now it all sounds once you throw in that vocoder/pitch correction shit.
    Yeah, some of it anyway. Though not all. Like MJ - his music doesn't seem dated at all to me; it's still totally relevant IMHO. Same with a few other massive pop albums, like George Michael Faith or INXS KICK. Those still totally hold up I think! :) Milli Vanilli? Not so much, lol, along with the likes of Tiffany and Paula Abdul. Not to say I don't still enjoy listening to those, but only because I remember listening to them as a kid, not because it's damn fine music that has withstood the test of time.
    It's definitely dated but I have to say Girl You Know It's True Remix has a killer beat. Blasted it on my car stereo for reasons of nostalgia last Friday and was like damnnn! Had me hooked.

fuck MJ and Prince

'Cause the rain don't mind 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:

fuck MJ and Prince

That's crazy talk.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:

fuck MJ and Prince

That's crazy talk.
    From a crazy person. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:

fuck MJ and Prince

That's crazy talk.
    I like Prince but agree on fuck MJ.  He gives me the willies. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited July 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:

fuck MJ and Prince

That's crazy talk.
    I actually always found Prince to be creepier than MJ, lol. Of course, I don't think MJ was a pedo. I think he was just a weirdo with a Peter Pan complex. But either way, they're both dead and I couldn't care less how creepy either one of them were. I just care about how their music sounds, which is amazing (and I like MJ's way more than Prince's).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:

fuck MJ and Prince

That's crazy talk.
    I actually always found Prince to be creepier than MJ, lol. Of course, I don't think MJ was a pedo. I think he was just a weirdo with a Peter Pan complex. But either way, they're both dead and I couldn't care less how creepy either one of them were. I just care about how their music sounds, which is amazing (and I like MJ's way more than Prince's).

Prince is/was extremely overrated.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:

fuck MJ and Prince

That's crazy talk.

Your Alabama is showing.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:

fuck MJ and Prince

That's crazy talk.

Your Alabama is showing.

PJ_Soul and Dan (girls), You Know It's True.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:
    dankind said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:

fuck MJ and Prince

That's crazy talk.

Your Alabama is showing.

Yeah, I kind of do. Prince did do some amazing shit, I'm happy to give him that, but I also feel like a fair bit of his music just didn't sound very good.
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    dankind said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:

fuck MJ and Prince

That's crazy talk.

Your Alabama is showing.

Yeah, I kind of do. Prince did do some amazing shit, I'm happy to give him that, but I also feel like a fair bit of his music just didn't sound very good.

1990- Prince "Batdance" vs Milli Vanilli "All or Nothing"?

MV wins again. :lol:

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    dankind said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:

fuck MJ and Prince

That's crazy talk.

Your Alabama is showing.

I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited July 2018
    dankind said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    dankind said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:

fuck MJ and Prince

That's crazy talk.

Your Alabama is showing.

on the DOPE music!!!

which one of you bastards gave my Daughter the dope?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Saw my niece yesterday. Her first concert was Bob Dylan in the front row.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Prince > MJ
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • jessebasijessebasi Toronto Posts: 149
    My first was The Police, reunion tour, 2007. I remember it being really good, but I was really young at the time. The DVD from that tour and just about every fan account tells me otherwise, but it’s a good memory.
    2016 - Toronto I (Binaural!), Toronto II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    edited July 2018
    Pearl Jam
    Soldier Field - 7/11/95

...and I was never the same.
    That is a great start

Use your Illusion US tour first night Alpine  Valley.....Guns n Roses and Skid Row.
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I saw Ted Nugent in December of 1996 in Merrillville, IN. Dude rode a live buffalo on stage while wearing a long ass Indian head dress. Shot hit flaming arrow (with bow) at a cardboard cutout of Janet Reno and her skirt dropped to reveal an enormous dong. Imagine his reaction if someone did that to one of Trumps people! I didn't realize until much later how much of an egotistical cocksucker he is...but he does put on a fun show.

I also saw, and met Alabama in 1992 but I didn't know who they were or any of their songs. Don't remember anything about that show other than meeting them afterwards. I do like a couple of their songs now though. "Oh play me some mountain music..."

Sooo....what counts as my first?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    My first concert was Poison on their Australian tour for Open up and say Aah... in 1989, I was 14.

I remember thinking how great it was on the night, but in the next 12 months I saw Aerosmith (Pump Tour) and also Bon Jovi (New Jersey Tour) and they both smashed the Poison show.  It was only a few more years and then I was seeing Nirvana, RHCP etc
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014