What Was Your First Concert?

24

Comments

  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 24,524
    edited June 27
    ya'll are young kids...
    my first show was in 1979...
    where's @brianlux when i need him?
    Holy shit dudes, you're makin' me feel old. :lol:

    My first concert was in 1964, Circle Star Theater, San Carlos, California:  Jackie Lee, Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels and the Beach Boys.  I was a Brian Wilson FANATIC, and when Mike Love stepped up to the mic and greeted the audience with, "We're sorry to say Brian Wilson will not be performing with us tonight but instead we have Bruce Johnston filling in for him" (like we were supposed to think this was an added treat), my heart sank like a stone.  This was one of the earlier shows where Wilson stayed home to write music while the others went out and toured.  It was devastating.  It was a good show but the highlight turned out to be Mitch Ryder and his band.  What a powerful, rocking band!

    Actually, I saw live was The New Christie Minstrels in 1959 at an event my Pop took me to for the unveiling this first commercial DC-8 jet airliner, but they were a part of the event we hadn't known about or planned on, so I don't consider it my first regular concert, but Barry McGuire (who later recorded "Eve of Destruction") was awesome .

    "Something comes along and you have to jump on and do it.  You can't stop until it's done."
    -Neil Young
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.




  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 42,202
    edited June 27
    Whitesnake and Great White
    Made it to the rail and then got smooshed and whisked out.  Was 16, small, it was blistering hot, and I had consumed far too many beers

    I took a breather and headed back in.  It was a memorable experience.  

    I still love Whitesnake. 

    EDIT --- I was 14, it was 1988.  I went with my older brothers and his friends and they fed me beer.  Looked up the date and damn...I was a bad kid!
    I saw all of Whitesnake at Granville Island Market one time, probably in the late 90s or early 00s. They were all there with their kids, just strolling around, eating ice cream cones and shit, being tourists (they probably had a show in town, but I wasn't aware of it) ... and what I thought was kind of curious was that they were all in what they pretty much wore on stage, with the spandex pants and everything. It seems that's just how they dress all the time, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • NormanNorman Posts: 100
    RATT 
    Poison (opener)
    87?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 13,499
    lolobugg said:

    Stone Temple Pilots

    Meat Puppets

    Jawbox

    1994- Tallahassee Leon County Civic Center

    I was hooked after this. there was even a purple horse wandering around outside the arena.




    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 27,215
    lolobugg said:

    Stone Temple Pilots

    Meat Puppets

    Jawbox

    1994- Tallahassee Leon County Civic Center

    I was hooked after this. there was even a purple horse wandering around outside the arena.

    Holy shit - I was at that show too! Are you from Tallahassee?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNSPosts: 7,453
    edited June 27
    LukinFan said:
    lolobugg said:

    Stone Temple Pilots

    Meat Puppets

    Jawbox

    1994- Tallahassee Leon County Civic Center

    I was hooked after this. there was even a purple horse wandering around outside the arena.

    Holy shit - I was at that show too! Are you from Tallahassee?

    From South Alabama.... about an 1 hour from Tallahassee. remember the Cow Haus?  I saw a lot of shows there too over the years. Saw Fugazi at the Moon. we probably were in a lot of the same crowds!!

    livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446
    1995- New Orleans, LA
    1996- Charleston, SC
    1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN
    2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN
    2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA
    2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)
    2006- Cincinnati, OH
    2008- Columbia, SC
    2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Ved- Atlanta, GA x 2
    2010- Bristow, VA
    2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Ved- Chicago, IL
    2012- Atlanta, GA
    2013- Charlotte, NC
    2014- Cincinnati, OH
    2015- New York, NY
    2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA: Raleigh, NC: Columbia, SC: Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      


  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 27,215
    lolobugg said:
    LukinFan said:
    lolobugg said:

    Stone Temple Pilots

    Meat Puppets

    Jawbox

    1994- Tallahassee Leon County Civic Center

    I was hooked after this. there was even a purple horse wandering around outside the arena.

    Holy shit - I was at that show too! Are you from Tallahassee?

    From South Alabama.... about an 1 hour from Tallahassee. remember the Cow Haus?  I saw a lot of shows there too over the years. Saw Fugazi at the Moon. we probably were in a lot of the same crowds!!
    Very cool!  Oh yeah, I definitely remember the Cow Haus and the Moon. I saw tons of concerts at both places. I don't think I saw Fugazi though.The Cow Haus actually used to be in a smaller location (about a block or two away from where the building is now) and I saw Jerry Cantrell there. Killer show. I bet we were at some of the same shows.  Crazy.

    I moved away from Tallahassee about a year ago but still have friends and family there, so I go back frequently. Whenever there is a good show on the weekend, I try to make it back. Tallahassee doesn't get the quality of shows that it used to though, even though there is now two amphitheaters there.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNSPosts: 7,453
    edited June 27
    LukinFan said:
    lolobugg said:
    LukinFan said:
    lolobugg said:

    Stone Temple Pilots

    Meat Puppets

    Jawbox

    1994- Tallahassee Leon County Civic Center

    I was hooked after this. there was even a purple horse wandering around outside the arena.

    Holy shit - I was at that show too! Are you from Tallahassee?

    From South Alabama.... about an 1 hour from Tallahassee. remember the Cow Haus?  I saw a lot of shows there too over the years. Saw Fugazi at the Moon. we probably were in a lot of the same crowds!!
    Very cool!  Oh yeah, I definitely remember the Cow Haus and the Moon. I saw tons of concerts at both places. I don't think I saw Fugazi though.The Cow Haus actually used to be in a smaller location (about a block or two away from where the building is now) and I saw Jerry Cantrell there. Killer show. I bet we were at some of the same shows.  Crazy.

    I moved away from Tallahassee about a year ago but still have friends and family there, so I go back frequently. Whenever there is a good show on the weekend, I try to make it back. Tallahassee doesn't get the quality of shows that it used to though, even though there is now two amphitheaters there.


    wow. 2 amphitheaters? that's insane. The Cow Haus  I used to go to looked liked an old black Haunted House.  My friends in Verbena used to play there. Saw Pavement, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Queens of the Stone Age and Neutral Milk Hotel there back in the late 90s/early 00s.  My friend went to FSU. I didn't even know it still existed. I moved to NC back in 2001.  


    EDIT: I used to go shopping at Vinyl Fever too. they had a great selection for about $12 for a new record.

    my, my how times have changed.

    Post edited by lolobugg on

    livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446
    1995- New Orleans, LA
    1996- Charleston, SC
    1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN
    2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN
    2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA
    2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)
    2006- Cincinnati, OH
    2008- Columbia, SC
    2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Ved- Atlanta, GA x 2
    2010- Bristow, VA
    2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Ved- Chicago, IL
    2012- Atlanta, GA
    2013- Charlotte, NC
    2014- Cincinnati, OH
    2015- New York, NY
    2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA: Raleigh, NC: Columbia, SC: Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      


  • EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-TrentPosts: 2,622
    Bon Jovi, 1996 in Manchester.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 1,984
    brianlux said:
    ya'll are young kids...
    my first show was in 1979...
    where's @brianlux when i need him?
    Holy shit dudes, you're makin' me feel old. :lol:

    My first concert was in 1964, Circle Star Theater, San Carlos, California:  Jackie Lee, Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels and the Beach Boys.  I was a Brian Wilson FANATIC, and when Mike Love stepped up to the mic and greeted the audience with, "We're sorry to say Brian Wilson will not be performing with us tonight but instead we have Bruce Johnston filling in for him" (like we were supposed to think this was an added treat), my heart sank like a stone.  This was one of the earlier shows where Wilson stayed home to write music while the others went out and toured.  It was devastating.  It was a good show but the highlight turned out to be Mitch Ryder and his band.  What a powerful, rocking band!

    Actually, I saw live was The New Christie Minstrels in 1959 at an event my Pop took me to for the unveiling this first commercial DC-8 jet airliner, but they were a part of the event we hadn't known about or planned on, so I don't consider it my first regular concert, but Barry McGuire (who later recorded "Eve of Destruction") was awesome .

    Was that in black & white or technicolor?
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013 •
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Chicago II 2018
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 27,215
    lolobugg said:
    LukinFan said:
    lolobugg said:
    LukinFan said:
    lolobugg said:

    Stone Temple Pilots

    Meat Puppets

    Jawbox

    1994- Tallahassee Leon County Civic Center

    I was hooked after this. there was even a purple horse wandering around outside the arena.

    Holy shit - I was at that show too! Are you from Tallahassee?

    From South Alabama.... about an 1 hour from Tallahassee. remember the Cow Haus?  I saw a lot of shows there too over the years. Saw Fugazi at the Moon. we probably were in a lot of the same crowds!!
    Very cool!  Oh yeah, I definitely remember the Cow Haus and the Moon. I saw tons of concerts at both places. I don't think I saw Fugazi though.The Cow Haus actually used to be in a smaller location (about a block or two away from where the building is now) and I saw Jerry Cantrell there. Killer show. I bet we were at some of the same shows.  Crazy.

    I moved away from Tallahassee about a year ago but still have friends and family there, so I go back frequently. Whenever there is a good show on the weekend, I try to make it back. Tallahassee doesn't get the quality of shows that it used to though, even though there is now two amphitheaters there.


    wow. 2 amphitheaters? that's insane. The Cow Haus  I used to go to looked liked an old black Haunted House.  My friends in Verbena used to play there. Saw Pavement, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Queens of the Stone Age and Neutral Milk Hotel there back in the late 90s/early 00s.  My friend went to FSU. I didn't even know it still existed. I moved to NC back in 2001.  


    EDIT: I used to go shopping at Vinyl Fever too. they had a great selection for about $12 for a new record.

    my, my how times have changed.

    Yeah,, I think you used to go to the original Cow Haus. They moved a couple of blocks over to a bigger unit, but it didn't have the same feel to it. It changed ownership and switched names a few of times. I think it's a restaurant or something like that now.

    Vinyl Fever - how do I miss that place.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 2,157
    REO Speedwagon and Survivor. Glens Falls Civic Center, 1985. I hadn’t turned 8 years old yet.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 13,650
    Butthole Surfers
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Flaming Lips

    yes Butthole Surfers was the headliner.

    Roseland Ballroom, NYC 91-92
    Toadies 1994, Peoria.  One of the openers was CIV, 14 years old at the time
    lolobugg said:

    Stone Temple Pilots

    Meat Puppets

    Jawbox

    1994- Tallahassee Leon County Civic Center

    I was hooked after this. there was even a purple horse wandering around outside the arena.

    wall232 said:
    Iron Maiden - Somewhere On Tour 1987 MSG.

    I was 12 years old and went with my best friend and his older sister and her friends. Great night!

    I am envious of all these first time shows!!!
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, ILPosts: 2,892
    Butthole Surfers
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Flaming Lips

    yes Butthole Surfers was the headliner.

    Roseland Ballroom, NYC 91-92
    Toadies 1994, Peoria.  One of the openers was CIV, 14 years old at the time
    lolobugg said:

    Stone Temple Pilots

    Meat Puppets

    Jawbox

    1994- Tallahassee Leon County Civic Center

    I was hooked after this. there was even a purple horse wandering around outside the arena.

    wall232 said:
    Iron Maiden - Somewhere On Tour 1987 MSG.

    I was 12 years old and went with my best friend and his older sister and her friends. Great night!

    I am envious of all these first time shows!!!
    All of us had to start somewhere
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - Saint Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - Saint Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)

    2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)

    RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

    RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, love and miss you very much, we'll meet again)

  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 11,853
    Tiny Tim
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 13,650
    First show was AC/DC on their Razors Edge tour with LA Guns opening.

    This was my first concert experience so waiting in the lobby of MSG for them to open I got to see the crazy AC/DC fans.  One person in particular was waltzing around with a freshly buzzed AC/DC in his hair just like the album cover.  I thought that was a little extreme but committed none the less.  That very same person would later on start a chant of ANGUS with the crowd preceding YOUNG!!!

    My first show with a crazy fan base...

    Great show.  Still the loudest show I've been to between the damn bell and the cannon and not to mention I couldn't comprehend the opener, Thunderstruck, because it was so damn loud...
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 11,693
    PJ_Soul said:
    Pink Floyd, 1994, for the Division Bell tour.
    I was old for my first concert - I was in grade 12.
    I got ya beat. I (technically) didn’t see my first show until the summer between my sophomore & junior years of college. It was Rush at Starlake Amphitheatre just outside of Pittsburgh in 1997.

    I say “technically” because I did see Ricky Skaggs with my parents when I was about 4 years old. And I do remember begging them to take me but I have no recollection of the show at all so I don’t really count it as “my first show.”

    I was also conceived after a Paul McCartney & Wings concert. Kinda funny that live music is what brought me into this world, lol.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 8,711
    The Cars, 1980 at the old Boston Garden.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast OhioPosts: 7,293
    My aunt took me to see Richard Marx at the old Richfield Coliseum in January 1990.

    My husband saw Slayer at the Cleveland Agora in June 1988 for his first show.  Still has the shirt. Still fits. 

    My daughter's first show was Chris Cornell at the Murat Theater in Indianapolis July 2016. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 28,973
    The Cranberries- '94 (Gettysburg College)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 24,524
    RS151862 said:
    brianlux said:
    ya'll are young kids...
    my first show was in 1979...
    where's @brianlux when i need him?
    Holy shit dudes, you're makin' me feel old. :lol:

    My first concert was in 1964, Circle Star Theater, San Carlos, California:  Jackie Lee, Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels and the Beach Boys.  I was a Brian Wilson FANATIC, and when Mike Love stepped up to the mic and greeted the audience with, "We're sorry to say Brian Wilson will not be performing with us tonight but instead we have Bruce Johnston filling in for him" (like we were supposed to think this was an added treat), my heart sank like a stone.  This was one of the earlier shows where Wilson stayed home to write music while the others went out and toured.  It was devastating.  It was a good show but the highlight turned out to be Mitch Ryder and his band.  What a powerful, rocking band!

    Actually, I saw live was The New Christie Minstrels in 1959 at an event my Pop took me to for the unveiling this first commercial DC-8 jet airliner, but they were a part of the event we hadn't known about or planned on, so I don't consider it my first regular concert, but Barry McGuire (who later recorded "Eve of Destruction") was awesome .

    Was that in black & white or technicolor?
    :lol:

    Black and white.  The human eye had not yet evolved to see colors. 
    "Something comes along and you have to jump on and do it.  You can't stop until it's done."
    -Neil Young
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.




  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 42,202
    edited June 28
    brianlux said:
    RS151862 said:
    brianlux said:
    ya'll are young kids...
    my first show was in 1979...
    where's @brianlux when i need him?
    Holy shit dudes, you're makin' me feel old. :lol:

    My first concert was in 1964, Circle Star Theater, San Carlos, California:  Jackie Lee, Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels and the Beach Boys.  I was a Brian Wilson FANATIC, and when Mike Love stepped up to the mic and greeted the audience with, "We're sorry to say Brian Wilson will not be performing with us tonight but instead we have Bruce Johnston filling in for him" (like we were supposed to think this was an added treat), my heart sank like a stone.  This was one of the earlier shows where Wilson stayed home to write music while the others went out and toured.  It was devastating.  It was a good show but the highlight turned out to be Mitch Ryder and his band.  What a powerful, rocking band!

    Actually, I saw live was The New Christie Minstrels in 1959 at an event my Pop took me to for the unveiling this first commercial DC-8 jet airliner, but they were a part of the event we hadn't known about or planned on, so I don't consider it my first regular concert, but Barry McGuire (who later recorded "Eve of Destruction") was awesome .

    Was that in black & white or technicolor?
    :lol:

    Black and white.  The human eye had not yet evolved to see colors. 
    Oh, interesting. I thought that the universe had not expanded enough by then to contain colour.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevroletPosts: 1,699
    Malroth said:
    Amy Lee Grant
    Do I win for worst first concert?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast OhioPosts: 7,293
    Malroth said:
    Malroth said:
    Amy Lee Grant
    Do I win for worst first concert?
    Nope.  Mine isn't all that great either.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 42,202
    Malroth said:
    Malroth said:
    Amy Lee Grant
    Do I win for worst first concert?
    I don't even know who it is, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 24,524
    Malroth said:
    Malroth said:
    Amy Lee Grant
    Do I win for worst first concert?
    You win the booby prize for worst first concert:

    "Something comes along and you have to jump on and do it.  You can't stop until it's done."
    -Neil Young
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.




  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 24,524
    Malroth said:
    Malroth said:
    Amy Lee Grant
    Do I win for worst first concert?
    You win the booby prize for worst first concert:

    "Something comes along and you have to jump on and do it.  You can't stop until it's done."
    -Neil Young
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.




  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NCPosts: 9,343
    brianlux said:
    Malroth said:
    Malroth said:
    Amy Lee Grant
    Do I win for worst first concert?
    You win the booby prize for worst first concert:

    I'm pretty sure I do. It was supposed to have been Hall & Oats but the baby sitter cancelled at the last second and my parents made me (the 8 year old) babysit my younger sister. I would have loved that claim to fame!

    My first, however, was a few years later when I was 12. 

    Milli Vanilli and I loved every second of that show!! It was my first... how was I supposed to know they were lip synching?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 11,853
    brianlux said:
    Malroth said:
    Malroth said:
    Amy Lee Grant
    Do I win for worst first concert?
    You win the booby prize for worst first concert:

    I'm pretty sure I do. It was supposed to have been Hall & Oats but the baby sitter cancelled at the last second and my parents made me (the 8 year old) babysit my younger sister. I would have loved that claim to fame!

    My first, however, was a few years later when I was 12. 

    Milli Vanilli and I loved every second of that show!! It was my first... how was I supposed to know they were lip synching?
    They were lip syncing to lip syncing. How very Derrida. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OHPosts: 2,588
    The Cranberries - 1996

    Should of been Live the year before but my mom wouldn't let me go.  She thought 15 was too young to go to a concert.  Yes, I still hold a grudge lol :rofl:
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
Sign In or Register to comment.