Options

Ten Club Line - Numbers for Padova

Hi everyone, 
I've seen Pearl Jam in Milan a few years back, and I remember that some fans were giving numbers for the 10C line, so that we didn't need to stay in line all the time, but just get there a couple of hours before the gate opening. At that point everyone got in line according to their number.

Is this still a thing?
I'm going to Padova on Sunday, and I was wondering if it's worth going super-early to get the number.
Makes me ache, makes me shake...
...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?

Comments

• Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    No. And rightly so. It was an arrangement which needed to end. 

The GA line is first-come, first-served. In the past, fans have used their own fan created numbering system to save a place in line. This is not organized or policed by the Ten Club. Although we appreciate the good intentions in the fans creating this system, we have seen fans abuse this in the past arriving early to get a number, and then leaving for long expanses of time. We do not condone this. It is the Ten Club’s position that those that put in the time to wait in the early entry line all day should be of the first in the door. Of course it is necessary to take bathroom breaks. Like any other line that you find yourself standing in for long periods of time in your life, simply communicate to your neighbor that you need a quick break and will be right back and they will ask the same in return from you because this is the right thing to do. The GA line should be a friendly community. Be neighborly and respectful and do not abuse the kindness of your fellow Ten Club members.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,868
    You have it all wrong my friend. There is no system that ever allows you to turn up get a number and return later. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Olivavu said:
    No. And rightly so. It was an arrangement which needed to end. 

The GA line is first-come, first-served. In the past, fans have used their own fan created numbering system to save a place in line. This is not organized or policed by the Ten Club. Although we appreciate the good intentions in the fans creating this system, we have seen fans abuse this in the past arriving early to get a number, and then leaving for long expanses of time. We do not condone this. It is the Ten Club’s position that those that put in the time to wait in the early entry line all day should be of the first in the door. Of course it is necessary to take bathroom breaks. Like any other line that you find yourself standing in for long periods of time in your life, simply communicate to your neighbor that you need a quick break and will be right back and they will ask the same in return from you because this is the right thing to do. The GA line should be a friendly community. Be neighborly and respectful and do not abuse the kindness of your fellow Ten Club members.
    Thank you for this.  You want it, earn it policy in GA line. Nice people. A good time! 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited June 2018
    Hi everyone, 
    I've seen Pearl Jam in Milan a few years back, and I remember that some fans were giving numbers for the 10C line, so that we didn't need to stay in line all the time, but just get there a couple of hours before the gate opening. At that point everyone got in line according to their number.

Is this still a thing?
    I'm going to Padova on Sunday, and I was wondering if it's worth going super-early to get the number.
    Not how it works.

The number system was rightly killed off IN WRITING by the 10Club during the European Tour in 2014.  

It's worth going super early to get a spot in line that you stay in, anyone pushing a number system or policy is OUT of BOUNDS.
    Bring food and meet people who share your interests. Bring a piece of thick cardboard or a camping chair to sit on.
    Take bathroom breaks.  Let people know that you're going and say "I'll be right back".
    Don't disappear for hours at a time and expect a friendly return.

I showed up at 930 in the morning for Amsterdam 2, met amazing people all day long, and was right in the center in the second row in GA.  

WIN WIN

Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    Wow.  What a dick.
    Yikes. I hope that wasn't directed at me.  If it was, I fear that you read my statement wrong. Hanging out in the GA line and earning your place without a sharpie number issued by someone is a good time.  You meet many people.  You hear a lot of stories of shows, experiences... People bought pizza and were cruising down the line offering pieces.  We covered each other for bathroom breaks...

Truly, it is a good thing. Also, in case that was directed at me, I am very much not a dick.  I don't even possess one.  :wink:
  • Options
    I think it was for the OP.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Perhaps he was peeking in the shower?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207

LOL - might of posted in the wrong forum, happens
  • Options
    Froggie said:

LOL - might of posted in the wrong forum, happens
    Read it again. Not posted in the wrong place.  Hilarious!  :rofl:
  • Options
    cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    Tiki said:

No, it wasn't! He doesn't even know me one bit, why would he insult me?

Anyway... wow. 
    I was just referring to something that fans organised in Milan last time around, which was only for the 10C line.

AND GUESS WHAT. Some people did not participate, stayed in line since morning and NOBODY expected to enter before them. 
    It was just FOR THE FANS who decided to join in. Since we were about 70 it worked great, it saved us a super-long wait. 
    Oh, and by the way, we still got in line at about 1 PM, not that late really.

Again, nobody forced us.

Again, not for everyone, just for those who chose it.

Again, fans who did not agree, were (of course) free of standing in line and entering first.

Again, not an obligation, just a peaceful agreement.

SEE? Now that's me being a dick. 
    Peace
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    O.p please realise it's not cool  to leave a queue and expect to just waltz back when you fancy . So I'm going with what he said. It's just wrong. And I know who exactly organised that bullshit idea. Same guy who got expelled from the London queue on Monday . Sent to the back in front of everyone for trying the same thing . Looked a right dick. Don't be that guy
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Tiki said:

Anyway... wow. 
    I was just referring to something that fans organised in Milan last time around, which was only for the 10C line.

AND GUESS WHAT. Some people did not participate, stayed in line since morning and NOBODY expected to enter before them. 
    It was just FOR THE FANS who decided to join in. Since we were about 70 it worked great, it saved us a super-long wait. 

Again, nobody forced us.

Again, fans who did not agree, were (of course) free of standing in line and entering first.

Peace
    You asked.  

We answered.

There is no longer a sharpie marker queue.  10c does not support it and most of us don't either.  Didn't really think not agreeing would make you cranky, but it's all good.  

Let's just say CopperTom called me a dick. It's okay.  The middle child in me says I'll take it to just help people get along.  :wink:  (But I still don't have one.  :smiley: )

Enjoy your show!  I hope that it is a beautiful evening.  
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    Tiki said:

Anyway... wow. 

Again, nobody forced us.

Peace

This is a touchy subject around here.......... the sharpie/list stuff is def a big NO-NO

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    I've faced it a life wasted and I'm never going back  again.  Don't be that guy  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,837
    O.p please realise it's not cool  to leave a queue and expect to just waltz back when you fancy . So I'm going with what he said. It's just wrong. And I know who exactly organised that bullshit idea. Same guy who got expelled from the London queue on Monday . Sent to the back in front of everyone for trying the same thing . Looked a right dick. Don't be that guy
    is that guy on the boards?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Hi everyone, 

Is this still a thing?
    NO.

Have a great time.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    Could be. But defo fb  and all that stuff. I only come here and the shows. But to be clear karma comes  and everyone in the line pulled together and stood their ground we queued for 36 hours because  we wanted to. This guy turns up. He was in front of me so i know he got there early. But disappeared  the day of the show for so long he missed us being moved in . And nobody saw him all day.  We all were there together. So when he and his friend tried to come back at about 5pm. The security  did what 10c had asked them. Gave him the choice. Go to the very back of 10c line or be ejected. He argued and pretended he no speak English. (Utter bollocks) then had to unceremoniously  leave the  line. Crept back but not to the front. In some other poor souls place I guess.  So the moral is don t be an arsehole and especially  not when you have previous.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    DW168074DW168074 Posts: 22
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how you do it with the TC tickets when you queue up early? there are always long queues in front of the boxes and you have to levae for round about an hour to get tx...

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,737
    DW168074 said:
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how you do it with the TC tickets when you queue up early? there are always long queues in front of the boxes and you have to levae for round about an hour to get tx...

Not stupid at all. You make friends with those around you. You tell them your intention of getting your tickets and do not abuse the time away. If it was a really long wait I would go back and forth a couple of times to check in to make sure they knew I was not taking off and abusing the system. 
  • Options
    SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    mcgruff10 said:
    Could be. But defo fb  and all that stuff. I only come here and the shows. But to be clear karma comes  and everyone in the line pulled together and stood their ground we queued for 36 hours because  we wanted to. This guy turns up. He was in front of me so i know he got there early. But disappeared  the day of the show for so long he missed us being moved in . And nobody saw him all day.  We all were there together. So when he and his friend tried to come back at about 5pm. The security  did what 10c had asked them. Gave him the choice. Go to the very back of 10c line or be ejected. He argued and pretended he no speak English. (Utter bollocks) then had to unceremoniously  leave the  line. Crept back but not to the front. In some other poor souls place I guess.  So the moral is don t be an arsehole and especially  not when you have previous.
    Was this the Indian guy?
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    DW168074 said:

Make friends with your neighbors and you'll be okay.  
    Post edited by deadendp on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Was this the Indian guy?
    Italian
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    deadendp said:
    DW168074 said:

Make friends with your neighbors and you'll be okay.  
    Perfectly  said
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,918
    Name calling is not ok.
    Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

etc

This discussion has been closed.