Options

TONIGHT’S LONDON SHOW POSTPONED

Comments

• Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    So glad to hear that Eddie is better, and that the Milan show will happen tonight! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    happy_larryhappy_larry Posts: 221
    odgeuk said: 
    I think it'll be the end of my 10C membership if no refunds are offered for 10C tickets where people can't make the rescheduled date....I'm really not sure my 10C tickets gave me much advantage over just buying GA tickets as soon as they went on general sale.
    10C gives you a massive advantage over general sale tickets as it actually gives you a decent chance of getting hold of some. Due to me not checking the time for the ballot closing I lost out on going for 10C tickets this time around. In the general sale 3 of us were trying for 3 standing tickets on either night and got nowhere near getting them. In the end and after several hours of trying the only thing I could get was 1 seated one in a pretty crumby seat and I only managed that by luck by checking in the afternoon after it was already supposed to be sold out. Checking on the secondary ticket (tout) websites there were loads on sale even before the show had sold out. Basically in the UK you are competing against professional touts with sophisticated software when you buy anything in the general sale so it makes getting hold of any tickets really difficult. At least with 10c ballots I’ve never missed out
    Leeds 06
    Wembley 07
    Shepherds Bush
    Manchester
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,008
    odgeuk said:
    I hope the 10C think very carefully about how they are going to handle refunds / rescheduling.

I'm already peeved that I was put in a position where I spent $450 on London tickets because I wanted 10C admission enough to enter the lottery for both shows (and subsequently 'won' both nights). Then peeved that there was no mechanism in place to pass unwanted tickets back to fans who really wanted them, without having to physically collect and handover the wristbands. Peeved that the 2nd night was postponed after I'd already started , and paid for, travelling and, finally, peeved that despite the early admission promise, 10C members still had to queue for an hour before being let in.
    I think it'll be the end of my 10C membership if no refunds are offered for 10C tickets where people can't make the rescheduled date....I'm really not sure my 10C tickets gave me much advantage over just buying GA tickets as soon as they went on general sale.

On a positive note, now that my petty rant is over, Monday's London show was fabulous, despite Ed not being able to belt out some of the big stuff. I hardly noticed he was struggling, the atmosphere kind of softened any issues as well. Hope Ed is resting his voice long enough to prevent damage.
    I agree that Monday’s show was fabulous
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    jhealjheal Posts: 25
    Big gap between lisbon on 14 and 18. Maybe 10c only shepherd bush event?? 
    *wishful thinking*
    Because his voice needs more shows to struggle through!
    London 1 - 05/00
    Cardiff - 06/00
    NY1 - 07/03
    NY2 - 07/03
    Boston - 07/03
    Reading - 08/06
    Paris - 09/06
    London - 06/07
    London - 08/09
    Man 1 - 06/12
    Berlin 1 - 07/12
    Berlin 2 - 07/12
    London 1 - Ed Solo - 07/12
  • Options
    Hopefully Ed's OK, and the tour goes on. Would be nice to get some official comms from TC to confirm if the rest of the Euro shows are happening ASAP, so people who've got flights/hotels booked, etc, could at least cancel them (if needed) BEFORE getting to the venue!
    Man Ed is not ok. not even close. Miss that. Miss him. Miss PJ. We all know that is not his fault but I really think that Milan was just too much. It was a mistake to make the show yesterday 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,946
    I agree 100%^^&
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    edited June 2018
    I agree 100%^^&
    If he does not improve it will be easy to look back and say yes the show should not have happened. If he gets better and better as the days go on I think it was a good decision to not cancel the show. Yes his voice was strained but I would take that over no show any day as long as he is still able to heal. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,946
    ok but what i think having been rail and seeing his movements  and actions. He is ill  and his voice will no recover by keep straining it when ill. I say it will make a longer problem 
     That's all
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    dresi_4dresi_4 Czech Republic Posts: 92
    ok but what i think having been rail and seeing his movements  and actions. He is ill  and his voice will no recover by keep straining it when ill. I say it will make a longer problem 
     That's all
    Don't know, man. He looked much better than in London to me. Smiled right through the end. Short of breath sometimes but that is not surprising. He paced himself and chose songs which are not that hard to sing.  
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    First rumour on Facebook is that the rescheduled show is 17th July. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 578
    tino_11 said:
    Hope not.
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    tino_11 said:
    I think its just copying what we've said on here really and if it goes ahead itll be 17th or 18th.

As each day passes I'm getting increasingly concerned that it may not happen. Usually postponed shows get new dates announced quickly. Maybe they're checking on how Eds voice is after a couple of shows. If a new date isn't announced by the middle of this week then in my opinion it wont be happening.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    Don’t dismiss the huge logistical impact. They were due to have all the gear collected from the location of the final gig of the tour. Now it’s going to be in a totally different country, days later. 

Plus they need to be sure the o2 can actually accommodate them. 

Im sure it’ll happen but it’s not a simple process

• Options
    js261067 said:
    Don’t dismiss the huge logistical impact. They were due to have all the gear collected from the location of the final gig of the tour. Now it’s going to be in a totally different country, days later. 

Plus they need to be sure the o2 can actually accommodate them. 

Im sure it’ll happen but it’s not a simple process

oh completely agree, its a logistical nightmare. Not thinking for one moment its an easy task. The O2 would have said immediately what dates were possible so they'll know what window theyre looking at, which is why I think its more to do with checking out Eds voice. 
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
  • Options
    kevtickevtic Posts: 133
    For purely selfish reasons i hope it's not the 17th but I reckon it is also to do with Eddie's voice.  There seems to be 3 options. 

1. Arrange a new date around this tour
    2. Just cancel it completely
    3. Come back later in the year and maybe do more than one UK date and maybe other Europe dates.

1. Seems to me to me they are waiting to see how Eddie's voice holds up but there must be a cut off point to allow folk time to organise.  July 17th is just over 3 weeks away and a lot of people who were there for the cancelled show will be unable to make it back for the rearranged one for a variety of reasons..  There are of course massive logistical details to factor in but they shouldn't be insurmountable for an organisation like Pearl Jam.
    2.  I just don't see them cancelling it .  Just wouldn't fit in with the ethos of the band.  Different if they had cancelled it before the tour had started or something but the fact 1,000s of people were already there and in London for the show I think the band would feel obliged to fulfil this fixture.
    3. This might appeal on the grounds that logistics are already in place for the end of this tour.  Might actually be easier to set up a completely new tour than try to mess with plans already in place.  It would also give Eddie time to recover and give his throat some rest although they do have other dates but it seems clear from the show the other night he's not 100% and it maybe he might not make the end of this tour depending on what problem actually is.  If they have to cancel any other dates then they could form part of a new tour.  Also if they do the O2 show i think it will be an epic night to make up for the cancellation and they won't want to do it if Eddie is struggling.
  • Options
    SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    It's not just redirecting all the gear to London again, I would assume it was all meant to be directed back to the US the next day, which takes huge reorganisation. There's so much that goes into a concert, probably why there is a delay. I wouldn't say they necessarily know already.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946
    Im not disagreeing that a lot of effort goes into re-organising the show, but they mentioned mid-july.  If they werent slightly confident I just dont think they would have mnetioned it.  they didnt need to specify mid-july in the cancellation.
  • Options
    kevtic said:
    For purely selfish reasons i hope it's not the 17th but I reckon it is also to do with Eddie's voice.  There seems to be 3 options.  K

1. Arrange a new date around this tour
    2. Just cancel it completely
    3. Come back later in the year and maybe do more than one UK date and maybe other Europe dates.

1. Seems to me to me they are waiting to see how Eddie's voice holds up but there must be a cut off point to allow folk time to organise.  July 17th is just over 3 weeks away and a lot of people who were there for the cancelled show will be unable to make it back for the rearranged one for a variety of reasons..  There are of course massive logistical details to factor in but they shouldn't be insurmountable for an organisation like Pearl Jam.
    2.  I just don't see them cancelling it .  Just wouldn't fit in with the ethos of the band.  Different if they had cancelled it before the tour had started or something but the fact 1,000s of people were already there and in London for the show I think the band would feel obliged to fulfil this fixture.
    3. This might appeal on the grounds that logistics are already in place for the end of this tour.  Might actually be easier to set up a completely new tour than try to mess with plans already in place.  It would also give Eddie time to recover and give his throat some rest although they do have other dates but it seems clear from the show the other night he's not 100% and it maybe he might not make the end of this tour depending on what problem actually is.  If they have to cancel any other dates then they could form part of a new tour.  Also if they do the O2 show i think it will be an epic night to make up for the cancellation and they won't want to do it if Eddie is struggling.
    For selfish reasons, im hoping for scenario 3 ie a new show (with maybe others also) later in year.
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    And for more selfish reasons, I hope they come back later in the year and play Glasgow as well.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • Options
    I would have thought they would have to announce something very soon to give people chance to organise travel and accommodation, time off work etc. Also will need to deal with refunding tickets (surely 10c agree to this?) and then reselling returned tickets.
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,002
    Apone said:
    I would have thought they would have to announce something very soon to give people chance to organise travel and accommodation, time off work etc. Also will need to deal with refunding tickets (surely 10c agree to this?) and then reselling returned tickets.
    I can't imagine they wouldn't offer refunds for 10C tickets. I was on holidays in London and this was the only show I could attend, unfortunately it didn't happen so I'm hoping I'm not out $300. Ticketmaster offer refunds for canceled/rescheduled shows so I would think 10C would do the same and have no issue reselling the tickets.
  • Options
    Talking of refunds, I discovered via a friend who bought tickets from viagogo for a different artist show, that if a show is rescheduled they wont refund, only if its cancelled completely. Viagogo again showing why you shouldnt buy from resale sites.
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
  • Options
    EB236418EB236418 Yorkshire Posts: 8
    From the Padova footage and fanviews it looks/sounds as though Eddie is feeling better, which is great :)! Fingers crossed this means the rescheduled London date gets announced soon (There are currently still no events in the O2 schedule 17th-20th July).

• Options
    HepHep Posts: 34
    The longer it goes on without a new date, I think I would prefer it at the end of the tour.  Would love it in a few weeks, but this is now really short notice for people to get there with time off, childcare etc.
    Surely they need to tell us something soon - even if it hasn't been possible to arrange yet.  Any update would help!
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I'm sure it will come in the next few days, I feel your frustration though - only one of the days, the 17th really works for me.  I read a comment on facebook that a photographer in London confirmed it was going to be the 17th, but I'd take that with a pinch of salt right now.
  • Options
    HepHep Posts: 34
    Well 17th is doable for us too, so let’s hope!! 

The silver lining on this cloud is that we still have it to look forward to
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Yeah, as much as I enjoyed night one, I have high hopes for night two!
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,537
    The rescheduled show will be EPIC!!!

1. PJ have NEVER had to rescedule a show for these reasons
    2. Eddie should be back to full strengh
    3. Last show of the European Tour - and will be last show in Europe for a while (most likely)

For these reasons - London 2 should be an absolute blinder....

Announce it! 
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    The rescheduled show will be EPIC!!!

1. PJ have NEVER had to rescedule a show for these reasons
    2. Eddie should be back to full strengh
    3. Last show of the European Tour - and will be last show in Europe for a while (most likely)

For these reasons - London 2 should be an absolute blinder....

Announce it! 
    I like this perspective.  They should come out and open with Whale song or  Gremmie out of control saying Ed's voice has gone again,  then drop in to Just a Girl...

• Options
    Just confirmed on Twitter. It’s the 17th. Whoop!!
This discussion has been closed.