The Porch has too many announcements?

Greetings,
Love PJ and enjoy the forums. My pet peeve is trying to get info/news from the Porch and having to wade through the ever-growing first page of announcements. My suggestion would be the create a new page simply called "announcements". Seems like an easy fix and helps organize and streamline the user experience a bit more. Thanks for listening!

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    It drove me crazy, but I found that I could hover over the title and a little gear icon appears to the right of it. Click that and the 2 options are Dismiss and Tag. Click Dismiss and the thread becomes just like any other thread. It will fall down the page until someone posts in it.  This works on the desktop, but I've never tried it on mobile, so not sure how it works there. Anyway, there's a solution to alleviate some clutter. There were just way too many announcements that I had absolutely no interest in.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    jeffbr said:
    It drove me crazy, but I found that I could hover over the title and a little gear icon appears to the right of it. Click that and the 2 options are Dismiss and Tag. Click Dismiss and the thread becomes just like any other thread. It will fall down the page until someone posts in it.  This works on the desktop, but I've never tried it on mobile, so not sure how it works there. Anyway, there's a solution to alleviate some clutter. There were just way too many announcements that I had absolutely no interest in.
    So awesome...thank you!
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    jeffbr said:
    So awesome...thank you!
    So glad I know about this now!!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    My life just improved because of the "dismiss" button! LOL