2018 Euro Merch

Comments

• EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    -Limited edition of 100 posters 
    -Signed and numbered on back 
    -1 color print/artwork on back 
    -Pearl Jam hologram mark

http://www.f4dstudios.com/product/pearl-jam-barcelona-poster

Who wants the signature and # to be on the back of the poster? Plenty of space on the front to have been signed there.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    EM194007 said:
    -Pearl Jam hologram mark

Who wants the signature and # to be on the back of the poster? Plenty of space on the front to have been signed there.
    Have two posters signed on the back (not PJ) but they were also relatively cheap. But for anything above $50, why even bother with the AP?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    EM194007 said:
    EM194007 said:
    silvo said:
    I actually like the Ken Taylor poster so went for the sale, got lucky and got my confirmation email......then got a refund email. WTF!?!?
    That sucks. What time was on your initial first  email confirmation from P&T's? None of these sales have  gone off without a hitch. 
    Orton drop will be smooth. F4D knows what they're doing.  Tsang sale was smooth too wasn't it?
    F4D should be good, I would hope. No, Tsang had issues as well. He ended up just keeping the extra ones from duo purchases, and the other couple issues that happened. He said his going sale them at shows he goes to this year.
    Yeah? Thought he said they would go back online during his Black Friday or special sales online.
    What's his next poster art display show in Canada? ;)

Pearl Jam Barcelona Poster

$90.00 - Coming Soon

by Van Orton Design

Details

For sale on Wednesday, July 11th at a random time between 11am-12pm Pacific

Poster measures 18" x 24" and is a 8 color screen print for Pearl Jams July 10th, 2018 show at Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona, Spain.

-Pearl Jam hologram mark

Strictly limited to 1 poster per order - ordering more than 1 is subject to refund of your entire order.

Important notes: Adding an item to your cart does not guarantee that it's yours. You'll need to fully complete the checkout process before a sale is finalized. Please keep this in mind while placing your order!

Poster may look slightly different in person due to differences in lighting. Frame not included with purchase. All sales final - no refunds or exchanges. Ships USPS Priority Mail for Domestic (within the United States) orders and ships USPS First Class Mail for all other locations.

demetrios said:
    EM194007 said:
    EM194007 said:
    silvo said:
    I actually like the Ken Taylor poster so went for the sale, got lucky and got my confirmation email......then got a refund email. WTF!?!?
    That sucks. What time was on your initial first  email confirmation from P&T's? None of these sales have  gone off without a hitch. 
    Orton drop will be smooth. F4D knows what they're doing.  Tsang sale was smooth too wasn't it?
    F4D should be good, I would hope. No, Tsang had issues as well. He ended up just keeping the extra ones from duo purchases, and the other couple issues that happened. He said his going sale them at shows he goes to this year.
    Yeah? Thought he said they would go back online during his Black Friday or special sales online.
    What's his next poster art display show in Canada? ;)
    That's what Miles told me, that was the plan for them. Could they pop up on some special sale, yes. But, who knows.
    edited July 2018
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

The second Pendleton that I like...

Yeah, that's pretty cool.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    From Zeb Love. Props to him for doing what he could to fight the bots and for creating a bada$$ poster.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    jjflash said:
    From Zeb Love. Props to him for doing what he could to fight the bots and for creating a bada$$ poster.

I feel for him as it seems he is on his own with no help on these sales but he did nothing to fight the bots/flippers imo and was not prepared for it at all imo. Yes he cancelled orders (up to 6 I am guessing)  but only orders that tried to acquire more then one print. That is the only ones he put back in pot for others to get again. From the start he said 1 poster per person so imo he did nothing other then cancel orders from those that did not listen to that rule. Anyone that had it up on Ebay instantly or used a bot and acquired the 1 print they were allowed went away free. 

Like I said I am sure he did his best on the sale but to say he was fighting bots/flippers is not entirely accurate imo and just him trying to save a bit of face. All drops here on out that are this style are going to go the same way for any poster that is even remotely sought after. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    jjflash said:

Good for him!!!
    Barcelona up.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    Barcelona up now.
    Gone!!
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Seemed like an easier dro
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Why isnt this poster on Expresso beans?
  • arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    Not even a chance
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    Got one while sitting in my hotel in Barcelona! Seemed a little easier although I missed England's goal....

• RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    Can't believe I scored Prague and Krakow APs. Krakow already at my home  =)
    RW8297 said:
    Can't believe I scored Prague and Krakow APs. Krakow already at my home  =)
    Nice!
    Got one while sitting in my hotel in Barcelona! Seemed a little easier although I missed England's goal....

Sweet! I missed the goal too. 
  • Saw the goal missed the poster.....ffs
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
    demetrios said:

Did you get one?

Saw the goal missed the poster.....ffs
    Was a good goal though... 
    Sadly, almost a 1/4 of the 100 have already been put up on ebay.
    demetrios said:

Did you get one?
    I did. :)  

2nd half just started. Go England!
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

Did you get one?
    I did. :)  

2nd half just started. Go England!
    Nice! This is not fun watching for me though....!
  • bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 363
    PJNB said:
    jjflash said:

I feel for him as it seems he is on his own with no help on these sales but he did nothing to fight the bots/flippers imo and was not prepared for it at all imo. Yes he cancelled orders (up to 6 I am guessing)  but only orders that tried to acquire more then one print. That is the only ones he put back in pot for others to get again. From the start he said 1 poster per person so imo he did nothing other then cancel orders from those that did not listen to that rule. Anyone that had it up on Ebay instantly or used a bot and acquired the 1 print they were allowed went away free. 

Like I said I am sure he did his best on the sale but to say he was fighting bots/flippers is not entirely accurate imo and just him trying to save a bit of face. All drops here on out that are this style are going to go the same way for any poster that is even remotely sought after. 

I am a luddite when it comes to website / internet technology, but as far as I know there is no way to know which customers are using a bot and which are not. There is also no way to know the intention of a customer who purchases something from your site. Do they want the poster for themselves or are they gonna flip it? No way of predicting or knowing what the intentions are of every customer. And unfortunately, due to technology, people who are adept in it, can figure out ways to beat someone else to the front of the line...and if they are technologically savvy enough to do this, then that is a skill set that benefits them, should they be punished for understanding technology?... if we all had that ability, we would all utilize it for our own benefit without hesitation because it is a beneficial skill. The one thing I try to do to slow it down a little, is not putting the poster image on my site before the sale (if it is a pj or highly sought after poster) so there is no url established for the page until the moment the sale happens. It is why I also shut the store before the sale so everyone has to login at the same time... but again, being a luddite, I am pretty sure those things do not really slow down the technology savvy people. 

there is also no real good way to find out what customer is what seller on ebay. Once and a while someone emails and says hey this ebay seller is Joe Blow in such and such city and that allows you to can cancel that order before you ship it. But for the most part that seldom happens because it is tough to find out who is who on ebay in real life because the people putting up posters on ebay before they have them are aware of this.  (Sometimes they are not always very bright though and you get an email from a customer who all the sudden has an address change for their order a few days after they purchased it)

sadly the conversation that has been happening in this thread, is the same conversation that happens every time, as we are far too often reminded of. And sadly, there is no way to police it. Again there is no way to know the intentions of every customer who purchases something, especially online where transactions are faceless and where ebay users names are aliases. 

each time a poster artist new to creating pearl jam posters has a sale, it is the same story we all have to go through. They are not anticipating the traffic or the demand. Their site crashes or the sale oversells and they have to issue refunds. And it is a big headache, especially when you are dealing with the finances of other people who sent you money. From personal experience, when this happens, it not only becomes a big time suck  but it is stressful and frustrating and a drag because of all the time and energy you have to invest in fixing this and you know you have to tell people who are stoked that they got the poster that they in fact did not. So you have to email people and be a wet blanket debbie downer and say sorry, you did not get it. 

I have been making pj posters for 14 years now, and the immediate flipping issue never goes away, and it never will. And it is infuriating. But you can only be mad and angry for so long before you realize there is not a whole lot you can do to stop it. No artists wants to sell posters to people who could care less about the poster and are hoping to profit off your hard work. Every artists wants their posters to go to homes of people who love the art or were at the show or love the band, or all of the above. No artist is stoked when some jack ass buys your art and them resells it for a small profit to someone you would rather have sold it to in the first place. No artist is stoked when their site crashes or the sale oversells and you now have to sift through orders and process refunds and send out emails deflating and bumming people out who were excited and happy.  

The one takeaway from it all, is it is kind of a testament to how much pj fans love posters and love art. 

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    PJNB said:
    jjflash said:

I am a luddite when it comes to website / internet technology, but as far as I know there is no way to know which customers are using a bot and which are not. There is also no way to know the intention of a customer who purchases something from your site. Do they want the poster for themselves or are they gonna flip it? No way of predicting or knowing what the intentions are of every customer. And unfortunately, due to technology, people who are adept in it, can figure out ways to beat someone else to the front of the line...and if they are technologically savvy enough to do this, then that is a skill set that benefits them, should they be punished for understanding technology?... if we all had that ability, we would all utilize it for our own benefit without hesitation because it is a beneficial skill. The one thing I try to do to slow it down a little, is not putting the poster image on my site before the sale (if it is a pj or highly sought after poster) so there is no url established for the page until the moment the sale happens. It is why I also shut the store before the sale so everyone has to login at the same time... but again, being a luddite, I am pretty sure those things do not really slow down the technology savvy people. 

there is also no real good way to find out what customer is what seller on ebay. Once and a while someone emails and says hey this ebay seller is Joe Blow in such and such city and that allows you to can cancel that order before you ship it. But for the most part that seldom happens because it is tough to find out who is who on ebay in real life because the people putting up posters on ebay before they have them are aware of this.  (Sometimes they are not always very bright though and you get an email from a customer who all the sudden has an address change for their order a few days after they purchased it)

sadly the conversation that has been happening in this thread, is the same conversation that happens every time, as we are far too often reminded of. And sadly, there is no way to police it. Again there is no way to know the intentions of every customer who purchases something, especially online where transactions are faceless and where ebay users names are aliases. 

each time a poster artist new to creating pearl jam posters has a sale, it is the same story we all have to go through. They are not anticipating the traffic or the demand. Their site crashes or the sale oversells and they have to issue refunds. And it is a big headache, especially when you are dealing with the finances of other people who sent you money. From personal experience, when this happens, it not only becomes a big time suck  but it is stressful and frustrating and a drag because of all the time and energy you have to invest in fixing this and you know you have to tell people who are stoked that they got the poster that they in fact did not. So you have to email people and be a wet blanket debbie downer and say sorry, you did not get it. 

I have been making pj posters for 14 years now, and the immediate flipping issue never goes away, and it never will. And it is infuriating. But you can only be mad and angry for so long before you realize there is not a whole lot you can do to stop it. No artists wants to sell posters to people who could care less about the poster and are hoping to profit off your hard work. Every artists wants their posters to go to homes of people who love the art or were at the show or love the band, or all of the above. No artist is stoked when some jack ass buys your art and them resells it for a small profit to someone you would rather have sold it to in the first place. No artist is stoked when their site crashes or the sale oversells and you now have to sift through orders and process refunds and send out emails deflating and bumming people out who were excited and happy.  

The one takeaway from it all, is it is kind of a testament to how much pj fans love posters and love art. 

well said, sir

as usual

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

I liked the way Krakow worked, where you email the artist and tell him why you want it.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

@bradklausen

Brad, are you doing any posters for the US tour?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2