World Cup 2018 Russia

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    As someone who does't follow football, I enjoyed the game...
    Lots of scoring and lots of opportunities.

This was World Cup gold.
    It was really enjoyable.  I only ever watch the semi-finals and final.  But I might start watching more football.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I was hoping Croatia for them to win.  But France scoring 4 goals was impressive.  Congrats France.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    edited July 2018
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Congrats on the FIFA World Cup France! I guess that for the most part concludes this thread. See everyone in France for the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,415
    Congrats to both..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    edited July 2018
    Crazy night here millions people in the street all over the country, over 1 million at the Champs-Elysees. Loved watching celebrations during this World Cup, always had a special thought for Belgium and England considering what we’ve been through lately. This is just fucking amazing!

Post edited by Tristelune on
  • Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    CROJAM95 said:
    Frustrating..... in the end France did what they had to.

proud of Croatia
    Yep they can all hold their heads up high they played their hearts out today , France deserves it ! What a great WC thanks everyone for your input this cup will go down as one of thee best ever !!Fuck Russia & Putin 
    Fuck you, Russia is NOT Putin

It was a great world cup, France was the best team and they won! Croatia also done its best
    CROJAM95 said:

proud of Croatia
    Yep they can all hold their heads up high they played their hearts out today , France deserves it ! What a great WC thanks everyone for your input this cup will go down as one of thee best ever !!Fuck Russia & Putin 

It was a great world cup, France was the best team and they won! Croatia also done its best
    Congrats on Russia hosting a great tournament and for your team playing so well...be proud.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    CROJAM95 said:

proud of Croatia

Congrats on Russia hosting a great tournament and for your team playing so well...be proud.
    Yeah from what I read russia put on a great tournament.  Congrats.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    It was an awesome world cup.  Only a few weeks until the European leagues get started up here....love watching the EPL on Saturday/Sunday mornings.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Mbappe
    Mbappe
    I thought I saw a graphic that said he is/was the highest paid teenage athlete ever ... Is that correct?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,711
    Yes I would think that is correct 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    CROJAM95 said:

proud of Croatia

I apologize for that comment it has no place in this thread , it was a great WC i should of not interjected any political tone to it ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    I just watched the Croatian news and the scenes in Zagreb are insane.
    It's like we won.
    CROJAM95 said:

proud of Croatia

Countries are never their leader.
    The Serbian president said on Serbian news that he supported Russia when they played Croatia yet on social media many Serbs left comments of support for Croatia.
  • NanouNanou Posts: 191
    I love this photo by PIXSELL. Yesterday was a crazy day in Zagreb. The party continues in Split tonight.
    Nanou said:
    I love this photo by PIXSELL. Yesterday was a crazy day in Zagreb. The party continues in Split tonight.
    And in Zadar tomorrow!
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    Heard that there were parties in Croatia and thought it was just great. Glad to see these pics, it’s still crazy here and in the end what I like the most about this is that I get to see happy people, a lot of happy people.
    Heard that there were parties in Croatia and thought it was just great. Glad to see these pics, it’s still crazy here and in the end what I like the most about this is that I get to see happy people, a lot of happy people.
    Especially when there is little to be happy about in Croatia.
    CROJAM95 said:

proud of Croatia

I apologize for that comment it has no place in this thread , it was a great WC i should of not interjected any political tone to it ....
    CROJAM95 said:

proud of Croatia

Thats ok, you should visit Russia someday, I will show you Moscow, its a beautiful city
    CROJAM95 said:

proud of Croatia

Thats ok, you should visit Russia someday, I will show you Moscow, its a beautiful city
    I totally would it looks amazing from the photos & videos
  • NanouNanou Posts: 191
    edited July 2018
    @Tristelune Croats are totally into sport in general and there is always a welcome home party when a team or an individual comes back with a medal. But this is especially true with football. This is the craziest welcome party so far. I'm happy the World Cup is over because I need proper sleep now.
    Post edited by Nanou on
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Next World Cup to conclude Dec 18th 2022

should be interesting , or a total disaster. All the venues are within 50 miles of each other. Hotel rooms could be big issue
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    CROJAM95 said:

should be interesting , or a total disaster. All the venues are within 50 miles of each other. Hotel rooms could be big issue

I can't believe that they are still letting this World Cup take place in Qatar.  The bribes and payoffs with their world cup bid were crazy.  And the fact that they have to play it during Nov-Dec in the middle of club season is ridiculous.....it's why it shouldn't have been given to a country where the average high temp in the summer is 110 in the first place!  And all the migrant workers being used that are living and working in horrific conditions to build these stadiums.  Oh yeah, and homosexuality is illegal in Qatar.  What a mess.   

There are several countries (US, England, Germany, France) with the existing infrastructure and stadiums to host in 2022.  If FIFA had any balls, they would have taken this away from Qatar as soon as Blatter and the rest of the corrupt assholes were thrown out.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    CROJAM95 said:

I can't believe that they are still letting this World Cup take place in Qatar.  The bribes and payoffs with their world cup bid were crazy.  And the fact that they have to play it during Nov-Dec in the middle of club season is ridiculous.....it's why it shouldn't have been given to a country where the average high temp in the summer is 110 in the first place!  And all the migrant workers being used that are living and working in horrific conditions to build these stadiums.  Oh yeah, and homosexuality is illegal in Qatar.  What a mess.   

There are several countries (US, England, Germany, France) with the existing infrastructure and stadiums to host in 2022.  If FIFA had any balls, they would have taken this away from Qatar as soon as Blatter and the rest of the corrupt assholes were thrown out.
    Agreed. It’s a shit show for sure
    CROJAM95 said:

Agreed FIFA should be calld out for that ..
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    CROJAM95 said:

Agreed.  But why would fifa say anything when their own pockets were probably lined?  Is there an increase in teams for the 2022 world cup?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......