Please stop using UPS ...

VedderMTLVedderMTL Montreal, Canada Posts: 1,401
edited June 2018 in Lost Dogs
Twice today I posters tubes shipped using UPS and both came in crushed and all prints are worthless now. I understand that some never had issues using their services within the US but it appears that shipping outside the country isn’t something they are capable of doing ... 

Not even talking about their brokage fees ...

Just a warning to you all good folks!

Julien

Comments

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    horrible
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited June 2018
    Were they insured?

That sucks.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    That right one is a garbage tube. Not excusing UPS, but it's one of those twist tops and it isn't very thick. This is the reason why I ship PVC, more people need to start using it. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    The last one I shipped to Canada got demo'd as well.  Never had one shipped domestically in the US get trashed -- I'm thinking it is the customs house that doesn't give two shits about a person's property.  (Which they go ahead and tax them on to deliver it.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    edited June 2018
    That sucks.  I worked loading trucks at UPS during college and it was by far the hardest job I ever had.  They put incredible time pressure on the employees to get stuff done and the packages just keep rolling down the conveyor belt regardless of how tired you get.  I’m surprised more stuff doesn’t get damaged because of how fast you need to go to keep up.  There wasn’t a lot of time to think about handling stuff carefully.  If I remember correctly we got one 10 minute break during a 5 hour shift. Otherwise it was complete chaos for the other 4 hours and 50 minutes of the shift.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Ya F-Customs.

I also just got hit with my 4th customs fee in the last 2 weeks.

4/5 of my last packages had one

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    on2legs said:
    That sucks.  I worked loading trucks at UPS during college and it was by far the hardest job I ever had.  They put incredible time pressure on the employees to get stuff done and the packages just keep rolling down the conveyor belt regardless of how tired you get.  I’m surprised more stuff doesn’t get damaged because of how fast you need to go to keep up.  There wasn’t a lot of time to think about handling stuff carefully.  If I remember correctly we got one 10 minute break during a 5 hour shift. Otherwise it was complete chaos for the other 4 hours and 50 minutes of the shift.  
    I almost did that stint to make some extra money one summer until I heard several stories like this. And of course the supervisor at our local dock was a former Marine on top of all that.  I do not regret turning that job down one bit.
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    tabarnak ! ! ! 
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345
    Damn, that sucks man.
  • FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 714

Ya F-Customs.

I was fed up with this as well. I live in a border city and set up a virtual P.O. box in the U.S. I drive over, pick up my package and drive back home. Lower shipping fees, no import fees, no hidden fees, and quicker shipping. If you border the US I recommend this. I have saved lots of money and more importantly, there is no hassle. 

Ya F-Customs.

I was fed up with this as well. I live in a border city and set up a virtual P.O. box in the U.S. I drive over, pick up my package and drive back home. Lower shipping fees, no import fees, no hidden fees, and quicker shipping. If you border the US I recommend this. I have saved lots of money and more importantly, there is no hassle. 

That's a good Idea and ive heard people doing this. I used to live right on a bordering town but I am now an hour away from the boarder. Ill have to think about it.