All things Henry Rollins.

H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NYPosts: 1,250
Couldn't find a thread on this rather worthy dude. This recent episode of his radio show with Ian Mackaye talking about Black Flag's 1981 UK tour is a great listen.

https://www.kcrw.com/music/shows/henry-rollins/kcrw-broadcast-ian-mackaye
Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/

Comments

• hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NCPosts: 9,027
    "I think of myself as a street prophet" Remember this movie?? :lol:

I've heard his latest talking tour is quite remarkable and has inspired two friends (who saw separate shows) to start world traveling..
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 12,515
    I've heard his latest talking tour is quite remarkable and has inspired two friends (who saw separate shows) to start world traveling..
    He is so full of energy it's very inspiring.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 8,517
    My favorite Rollins Band tune:

This weekend we rock Portland
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NYPosts: 1,250

Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 3,975
    The first time I ever saw Henry Rollins...

I was about 15 years old and I thought he was angriest guy I'd ever seen!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    He is so full of energy it's very inspiring.
    I need to catch him on the next go around!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 23,341
    Couldn't find a thread on this rather worthy dude. This recent episode of his radio show with Ian Mackaye talking about Black Flag's 1981 UK tour is a great listen.

Hugely worthy dude!  Henry once described himself as a "fanboy" toward certain artists he has great respect for.  So yeah, I guess you could call me a Henry fanboy!  I have over 30 books written by Henry (and have read them all) and a few other about him.  I really dug the radio blog thing he did with the ever charming and funny as hell Heidi May.  Also really dig his radio shows and L.A. weekly stuff (which you can get as books in the "Before the Chop" series).

My favorite Rollins line:  Hack or pack!

And he hangs with some pretty awesome company:

The reason I never give up hope is because everything is so basically hopeless.
    -Anne Lamott
    M.I.T.S.

brianlux said:

Hugely worthy dude!  Henry once described himself as a "fanboy" toward certain artists he has great respect for.  So yeah, I guess you could call me a Henry fanboy!  I have over 30 books written by Henry (and have read them all) and a few other about him.  I really dug the radio blog thing he did with the ever charming and funny as hell Heidi May.  Also really dig his radio shows and L.A. weekly stuff (which you can get as books in the "Before the Chop" series).

My favorite Rollins line:  Hack or pack!

And he hangs with some pretty awesome company:

That's great! He's definitely a genuine music fan and a huge record collector. Both things i can easily relate too. I've read a couple of his books. 'Get in the Van' is probably my favorite of his books but i also read 'See a grown man cry' multiple times in my younger years.