Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    20,000 pallets of bottled water left untouched in storm-ravaged Puerto Rico
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    unsung said:
    maybe they should start distributing the supplies
    Classic deflection.

He lied about the numbers and his supporters talk how those numbers "could have, you know, in theory" been right.  He lied about the numbers.  Whatever the particulars are of how we got there, he lied right on Twitter.  This lie will be easy to refute but 30% will still believe it and 30% will still deflect.

Keep ownin' libs.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    From the article it sounds like a SNAFU regarding distribution time in and placement and now it is unusable. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    brianlux said:

I don't hate many things in life. 
    I hate this miserable excuse for a leader. 

A good response here:

That is a good response, I agree.
    Too bad it is so spot-on.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    brianlux said:

I don't hate many things in life. 
    I hate this miserable excuse for a leader. 

A good response here:

That is a good response, I agree.
    Too bad it is so spot-on.
    Yes, sad but true.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    Not too many MAGAs are visiting his Puerto Rico tweets.  I think even they know there's no leg to stand on here.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    Not too many MAGAs are visiting his Puerto Rico tweets.  I think even they know there's no leg to stand on here.
    It's more than a little unsettling to me that Puerto Rico is an "unincorporated U.S. territory" and yet we treat it like it barely exists... except in prime tourist season, maybe.  If it were mostly inhabited by white people, like let's say like Martha's Vineyard, you can bet the story would be much different. Instead, nahhhh, just a bunch of brown people.  Fuck 'em.

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    From the article it sounds like a SNAFU regarding distribution time in and placement and now it is unusable. 
    I have read that if bottled water is left out in the sun to long the plastic can leave a funny taste ... might be something to that, I never see bottled water in the groceries stores near windows.  Any truth to that?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    It's more than a little unsettling to me that Puerto Rico is an "unincorporated U.S. territory" and yet we treat it like it barely exists... except in prime tourist season, maybe.  If it were mostly inhabited by white people, like let's say like Martha's Vineyard, you can bet the story would be much different. Instead, nahhhh, just a bunch of brown people.  Fuck 'em.
    it's really sad, but it's the truth. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Well technically his timeline is correct isn’t it? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Well technically his timeline is correct isn’t it? 
    Pretty sure he spelled Puerto Rico correctly, as well -- but how do either of those things equal his assertion that the study (studies?) has the wrong facts.
    Shouldn't the POTUS know exactly how many people died there? 
    He doesn't care.  This is why the govt does not know but universities had to conduct studies to determine.
    Instead, he cares about Twitter and calling people names.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved