Antifa scum assaults woman journalist.

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Unsung, you still have not answered my question.
    If you dislike left wingers so much then why do you listen to a left leaning band in Pearl Jam and frequent a message board where pretty much everyone is left leaning?
    Probably hasn’t answered you cause it’s a dumb question.

How's it a dumb question?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    If you dislike left wingers so much then why do you listen to a left leaning band in Pearl Jam and frequent a message board where pretty much everyone is left leaning?

It’s been asked by many people to many people many times.

I guess I should just let him answer you if he wishes. But there are lots of people that like to have discussions and don’t have to just hangout/converse with people that think exactly like them.

hippiemom = goodness
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I never watched any of this girl's videos before but I actually feel sorry for her, in a way. She seems like she's just not operating on the same level as anyone else. Like there's a crazy look in her eyes. Calling out how those of differing opinions to her would edit what footage they show to their audience only serves to reinforce peoples' suspicions that she's utilising the exact same tactic. Does this one have many followers?
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022

I guess I should just let him answer you if he wishes. But there are lots of people that like to have discussions and don’t have to just hangout/converse with people that think exactly like them.

Well, I haven't seen it be asked. I haven't frequented AMT as much as others.
    It just seems odd hanging out and posting where the vast majority of forum members hold different political opinions.
    It seems like trolling.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    It's only trolling fi we choose to rise to the bait. If we rise to the bait that someone leaves for us, and we then get into an argument, what purpose does that serve? It exposes that we are easily gotten to in some cases, and that our emotions can get the better of us sometimes. That video was fascinating to me, to see the lengths that some of these right wing personalities will go to to push their agenda. She can do her.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    As to this journalist, being of Ukranian and Greek background doesnt seem inherently Canadian to me. At least one of her forebears was an immigrant.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    You know what’s sad.... obviously the first post was stupid and then all everyone does is focus on that and make the same excuses as “the other side”.

this happens on basically happens on every topic here and then we get so pissed when our elected leaders do the same thing...or the “other side” does it.
    What should we focus on then?

How about not the messenger? 
    Then why don't you take your own advice and talk about the topic which most of us here have. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    You know what’s sad.... obviously the first post was stupid and then all everyone does is focus on that and make the same excuses as “the other side”.

this happens on basically happens on every topic here and then we get so pissed when our elected leaders do the same thing...or the “other side” does it.

Then why don't you take your own advice and talk about the topic which most of us here have. 
    Touché.  I hear ya. Shoulda left it at one :)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

It just seems odd hanging out and posting where the vast majority of forum members hold different political opinions.
    It seems like trolling.
    I don't think it's odd. If everyone agreed with everyone here, it would be boring. Having people flock to "their own kind" online is what causes the vacuums that produce and attract the nutters eventually.
    As for the listening to PJ thing... yeah, it's been widely discussed on the Porch as well as here forever. Some people can apparently separate the music from the politics. I can't say I understand how, with the political songs at least, but they say they can, and I assume it's true, or else they wouldn't be fans.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:

It seems like trolling.
    I don't think it's odd. If everyone agreed with everyone here, it would be boring. Having people flock to "their own kind" online is what causes the vacuums that produce and attract the nutters eventually.
    As for the listening to PJ thing... yeah, it's been widely discussed on the Porch as well as here forever. Some people can apparently separate the music from the politics. I can't say I understand how, with the political songs at least, but they say they can, and I assume it's true, or else they wouldn't be fans.
    I personally wouldn't waste my time, but there's someone else here (Tiki maybe) that has stated several times they go to breitbart's site to try to get those members to see the light, so to speak. poke a hole in their echo chamber. 

some people like to discuss. some get their jollies from arguing. 

I personally can not understand how anyone can hate the left so much yet be a member of this band's fan club. I connect to the music and the lyrics in a way that I could not relate to a band that wrote songs about birthirism or pro life or anti-immigration. 

it's hard enough being a fan of Billy Corgan with the shit he says in interviews. if he had that stuff in his lyrics, not a chance. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:

It seems like trolling.
    I personally wouldn't waste my time, but there's someone else here (Tiki maybe) that has stated several times they go to breitbart's site to try to get those members to see the light, so to speak. poke a hole in their echo chamber. 

some people like to discuss. some get their jollies from arguing. 

I personally can not understand how anyone can hate the left so much yet be a member of this band's fan club. I connect to the music and the lyrics in a way that I could not relate to a band that wrote songs about birthirism or pro life or anti-immigration. 

it's hard enough being a fan of Billy Corgan with the shit he says in interviews. if he had that stuff in his lyrics, not a chance. 
    Yeah, I agree - It's hard to understand. Haha, and agreed on Corgan... I actually had to really work on listening to his new solo album without a ton of bias. I managed eventually, and it's pretty damn good. But I still almost feel like I have to defend myself when I say I like it. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Touché.  I hear ya. Shoulda left it at one :)
    ;)
    PJ_Soul said:

It seems like trolling.
    He's just wasting his time and energy arguing with the majority who see the world differently. 
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Search and rescue.
    unsung said:
    Search and rescue.
    Pardon?
    unsung said:
    Search and rescue.
    Pardon?
    what he's trying to convey here is that he is our saviour from the evils and ills of being on the left. he is the enlightened one sent to save us. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    unsung said:
    Search and rescue.
    Pardon?
    what he's trying to convey here is that he is our saviour from the evils and ills of being on the left. he is the enlightened one sent to save us. 

Or that he's toying with us.

Wait, no; that's catch and release. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    My only mission is to say a government so big to give you everything you want is also big enough to take it all away.

I barely follow politics anymore, I have better things to do, none of it changes the temperature of my shower water.

I do enjoy a good chuckle when some teen thinks he is going to take away my guns though.
    edited May 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

It seems like trolling.
    He's just wasting his time and energy arguing with the majority who see the world differently. 
    I've never thought of him as arguing. He's discussing and debating issues. Nothing wrong with that, and I don't consider it a waste of time. I'm sure he, like all of us, get something out of the discussion, be it information, entertainment, food for thought, catharsis, or all of the above.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    unsung said:
    My only mission is to say a government so big to give you everything you want is also big enough to take it all away.

I barely follow politics anymore, I have better things to do, none of it changes the temperature of my shower water.

I do enjoy a good chuckle when some teen thinks he is going to take away my guns though.
    a revolution has to start somewhere. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

unsung said:

He's older than Joan of Arc was.
    unsung said:

if he was a proponent of 2A you'd be lauding him as a mature young adult who is ahead of his time and a true patriot. because he disagrees with you, he's "some teen". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    unsung said:

if he was a proponent of 2A you'd be lauding him as a mature young adult who is ahead of his time and a true patriot. because he disagrees with you, he's "some teen". 

this is very true, and he knows it
    unsung said:

It would be a quick one.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited May 2018
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

It would be a quick one.

I love when you go fake tough guy like your Rambo or something... keep clinging to your cute little boom-boom toys

you support the status quo, which means you are completely fine with the mass slaughter happening all over this beautiful country.... you're on the wrong side of history

(I love how you right wing guys always make it about your guns and violence, its cute)

Post edited by my2hands on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    my2hands said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

It would be a quick one.

I love when you go fake tough guy like your Rambo or something... keep clinging to your cute little boom-boom toys

you support the status quo, which means you are completely fine with the mass laughter happening all over this beautiful country.... you're on the wrong side of history

(I love how you right wing guys always make it about your guns and violence, its cute)

assume you mean slaughter not laughter?

amazing how drastic a change one letter can bring to a word.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mickeyrat said:
    my2hands said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

It would be a quick one.

you support the status quo, which means you are completely fine with the mass laughter happening all over this beautiful country.... you're on the wrong side of history

Fart 
    Art 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,477
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    my2hands said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

It would be a quick one.

Fart 
    Art 
    Is that at MOBA? 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    my2hands said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

It would be a quick one.

you support the status quo, which means you are completely fine with the mass slaughter happening all over this beautiful country.... you're on the wrong side of history

:lol:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It seems like trolling.
    I've never thought of him as arguing. He's discussing and debating issues. Nothing wrong with that, and I don't consider it a waste of time. I'm sure he, like all of us, get something out of the discussion, be it information, entertainment, food for thought, catharsis, or all of the above.
    What, does he think he will convert people to right wing ideology by doing so here?
    He should spend his energy bashing the left wingers on some other forum.