Options

I Found a Hate Flyer This Morning

BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
edited May 2018 in A Moving Train
This morning, while out walking my dog, I found a hate flyer (see picture below).
Some background....I moved to Omaha 9 months ago after 11 years in Boulder, CO. to live with my girlfriend who I met because of Pearl Jam. There is basically NO diversity in Boulder  and very little in Colorado. So it was refreshing to move to a neighborhood in Omaha with a great  deal of diversity. Just yesterday  I saw a little Sudanese girl in a hijab pushing a Nepalese boy on a swing. 
So imagine  my shock  when I found  the flyer this morning just feet from that swingset.

As some of you may have noticed on here I am very much against people who believe in fear, hate, and ignorance as a way of life. It's sad and disappointing  to find it ones own neighborhood. 

At this time I have reached out to the local media, police, mayors office, neighbors via the nextdoor app, and the ADL. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    Pepe the Frog and everything. Disgusting.

This country is in a scary place and that place is a cliff. It's a long way down and what's at the bottom looks like that flyer.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited May 2018
    There have been a couple instances of this in metro Vancouver too (and it's always a big story met with widespread anger and disgust by the majority), so it's not just a USA thing. I'm sure it's happening in many countries where white people have been running the show for a long time and are now facing a change to the status quo as demographics change more and more. It is obviously a fear reaction. Flyers like this are popping up in places that are diversifying, because those are the places where racist white people are feeling threatened. They feel like their position of power and privilege as white people (especially white men) is on shaky ground... and they're 100% right about that. The problem is that they refuse to acknowledge that this is actually a good thing for everyone. They are terrified and angry because they are selfish fucks. This is how groups (in this case, the group would be racist white people) who have held control and liked that control and the privilege it has afforded them always react when their control becomes threatened. It's absolutely pathetic and disgusting, but also entirely predictable.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    I had to look up "Stormer Book Club" and now I'm probably on some radical watch list, lol.

That book club is a white supremacist group.

That's messed up.  Call the local newspaper.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Bet I know who they voted for...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    Bummer that this flyer showed up in your neighborhood, Bentleyspop.  I'm sorry to hear about that.

To some degree or other, there is hate pretty much everywhere, although I was in San Francisco's Castro District yesterday visiting my step- daughter and that's one place you're very unlikely to find hate.  The diversity there is fantastic and the vibe is great.  And, of course, it's a haven for people- gays- who have been subject to a lot of hate. But even in this so-called "ultra liberal" state of California, there a several hate groups as can be seen in this map published by Southern Poverty Law Center:

I remain positive on this issue based on the sense I get that younger generations are becoming more accepting and the hope that with that will come a lessening of hate and hate groups. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I bet that map aligns almost exactly with minority populations. That is why the middle is so blank... it's still mostly white people in those blank spaces.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I saw a skinhead today.  Gave him the finger but he didn't see me.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I bet that map aligns almost exactly with minority populations. That is why the middle is so blank... it's still mostly white people in those blank spaces.
    Yes, indeed.
    rgambs said:
    I saw a skinhead today.  Gave him the finger but he didn't see me.
    Be careful!  Some of those guys are loose canons!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

white genocide...

LOL, what a bunch of fucking losers

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    my2hands said:

white genocide...

Had a friend tell me during the campaign: "No one has it harder in America right now than the middle class white man."

I was, and still am speechless.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,605
    my2hands said:

white genocide...

Or, "fearing elimination of the white race."
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    my2hands said:

white genocide...

It’s easier on people’s ears if they say “I didn’t like the direction the country was going”. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Chickens come home to roost.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    my2hands said:

white genocide...

It’s easier on people’s ears if they say “I didn’t like the direction the country was going”. 
    Or.... 'I didn't  like the direction  President Obama had the country going"
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    White deplorables, and there are alot of them, dont like to see people of color doing bettter than themselves. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    This morning, while out walking my dog, I found a hate flyer (see picture below).
    Some background....I moved to Omaha 9 months ago after 11 years in Boulder, CO. to live with my girlfriend who I met because of Pearl Jam. There is basically NO diversity in Boulder  and very little in Colorado. So it was refreshing to move to a neighborhood in Omaha with a great  deal of diversity. Just yesterday  I saw a little Sudanese girl in a hijab pushing a Nepalese boy on a swing. 
    So imagine  my shock  when I found  the flyer this morning just feet from that swingset.

As some of you may have noticed on here I am very much against people who believe in fear, hate, and ignorance as a way of life. It's sad and disappointing  to find it ones own neighborhood. 

At this time I have reached out to the local media, police, mayors office, neighbors via the nextdoor app, and the ADL. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks for reading
    Back to your original request. BP, I really don't know what else to suggest.  It sounds like you've done a lot already!  Good show!

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    brianlux said:

Thanks for reading
    Back to your original request. BP, I really don't know what else to suggest.  It sounds like you've done a lot already!  Good show!

Yes, thank you for your efforts in exposing these fuckers. Probably cry like little bitches when they get caught.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    For anyone who's  interested here's  the ADL link to find out who these ignorant pu$$!€$ are.....

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgrounders/daily-stormer-book-clubs-sbc
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:

Thanks for reading

Yes, thank you for your efforts in exposing these fuckers. Probably cry like little bitches when they get caught.
    That is what little bitches do.
  • Options
    For anyone who's  interested here's  the ADL link to find out who these ignorant pu$$!€$ are.....

Good for the Anti Defamation League for exposing these creeps for what they are.  Southern Poverty Law Center does a fine job that way too. 

• Options

Goofy buggers.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Hate is such a negative emotion, I feel for those who choose that as their way of life.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Hate is such a negative emotion, I feel for those who choose that as their way of life.
    Most, if not all of the people, who choose hate as a way of life all choose fear, ignorance,  and jealousy to accompany that hate.
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Wow. So fucking sad... This country is in such a horrific state right now. So much violence and hatred. 
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    The one silver lining to this is that you found it it takes people like you or any of us here to start ringing the alarm, so good job on you for doing your part !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    my2hands said:

white genocide...

Had a friend tell me during the campaign: "No one has it harder in America right now than the middle class white man."

I was, and still am speechless.

This is propaganda at it's finest.  Bringing further equality is an all out assault on the white race...  When I first heard this I was curious as to why?  Then I heard someone on here tell the "pool" analogy and it made absolute sense.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    rgambs said:
    I saw a skinhead today.  Gave him the finger but he didn't see tome.

I saw him too, I took him bowling.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    I saw a skinhead today.  Gave him the finger but he didn't see tome.

I saw him too, I took him bowling.
    How weird - when I clicked on this thread and read this post, that song had literally just started playing on a random Spotify playlist I'm listening to. Spoooky!! :tongue:
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    Camper Van!