Options

2018 NFL Draft

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JK_Livin said:
    Technically Allen released this information. Anyone that hadn't already looked this up isn't doing their job. All the teams knew about this shit already.
    The Browns knew Manziel was a mess but hey, they still drafted him...
    But... that's the Browns
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I also review social media when scanning candidates for employment.  You would be foolish and lazy not to, imo.
    I think there's a fine line.  Maybe if you've narrowed it down to the two or three finalists for the job and you review them, but I think looking at social media for every applicant is a bit intrusive.  Unless that person is going to be a public face for your company (salesperson, public speaker, liaison, etc) I really don't see how what they say or do or post on social media has any relevance on how well they can perform a job (in general. Specific situations may warrant it).  I mean, we didn't go around screening people's phone calls or hang out at arcades and bingo night in the 80s to determine whether we'd hire someone, why peek into their personal life now?  I'm a complete fucking mess of a person from Thursday at 530pm thru Sunday night.  If my company knew the shenanigans I got into in my private, personal time away from work, I'd be Unemployable.  Furthermore, unless there is a severe pattern of terrible behaviour on display, I'd hope employers wouldn't take things said 4-5-8 years ago from an immature teenager too seriously.

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    ^ This is also why this PJ forum and Instagram are the only forms of social media I have. :lol:
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    If I was a top prospect I would just be praying not to get picked #1 or #4!
    The Browns have a remarkable talent for squandering talent.
    They don't know how to win and a rookie isn't going to teach them.  I think they should trade both for a veteran quarterback, but Cleveland would probably burn to the ground.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I also review social media when scanning candidates for employment.  You would be foolish and lazy not to, imo.
    I think there's a fine line.  Maybe if you've narrowed it down to the two or three finalists for the job and you review them, but I think looking at social media for every applicant is a bit intrusive.  Unless that person is going to be a public face for your company (salesperson, public speaker, liaison, etc) I really don't see how what they say or do or post on social media has any relevance on how well they can perform a job (in general. Specific situations may warrant it).  I mean, we didn't go around screening people's phone calls or hang out at arcades and bingo night in the 80s to determine whether we'd hire someone, why peek into their personal life now?  I'm a complete fucking mess of a person from Thursday at 530pm thru Sunday night.  If my company knew the shenanigans I got into in my private, personal time away from work, I'd be Unemployable.  Furthermore, unless there is a severe pattern of terrible behaviour on display, I'd hope employers wouldn't take things said 4-5-8 years ago from an immature teenager too seriously.

I am VP of Sales, so yes....salesperson.  I look at everyone I consider.
    We also do a background check and a credit check.  (We, of course, only do this for serious candidates - and they know and approve of this before we do it.)  Finalists also get a DISC analysis.  (A type of personality test)

Culture is King these days....and you cannot look closely enough at a person and analyze what type of person you want to bring into your family and invest in.  Who walks out that door representing us is who we are.  (And the group of people we sell to is far too small to have someone damage our company name.)

No way an NFL team doesnt do a very deep dive on every person they consider drafting. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Solid booing of the boob commish.
  • Options
    Giants get the stud.  
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Giants get the stud.  
    Boom
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,295
    edited April 2018
    I could be wrong but the Browns and Jets picks weren't good. Don't take my word for it
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Love the jets pick. Hate the browns
  • Options
    Giants and broncos made out.
    Damn 49ers got snaked when Smith went before us.  Getting an OL is always good if he pans out.
    Have to root for a goober from Notre Dame. 
    Oh well.

I hope Sam does well for Jets.  They sit him a year it will be a great move.  He is an extremely talented kid and having a year to learn will help any QB.
  • Options
    And Vita Vea gets the coolest look award.
  • Options
    It's weird how Mayfield went from he's too short. Barely mentioned for top 10 to being no. 1 overall pick
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,796
    igotid88 said:
    It's weird how Mayfield went from he's too short. Barely mentioned for top 10 to being no. 1 overall pick
    Both browns picks were odd. 

Months later yer and I still think they should have went Barkley 1 and QB at 2
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    What a disaster for the browns 
  • Options
    Same old browns.
    Taking the Browns to the Super Bowl is the best way to say you are taking a dump
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    Same old browns.
    Taking the Browns to the Super Bowl is the best way to say you are taking a dump
    HAHAHA>good one.

Browns better HOPE that Mayfield is their QB for the next 10-15 years,  when they passed on the best player/prospect in this Draft in Barkley. Especially, when all of these QB's have been pretty much rated the same going into this Draft. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    Love the bears pick. The kid is a freak to add to an already stout defense. 
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    After how awesome the draft was last year in philly, this is the crap they go with. Jones has the league by the balls
  • Options
    Eagles trade their pick to the Ravens
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Wait, did Rosen do that. Wtf 
  • Options

What are you referring to?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

All the shit he was talking in his press conference 
  • Options

All the shit he was talking in his press conference 

I'm going to have to listen. I missed this segment.

Draft was entertaining. Looking forward to round 2. Lot's of good players still.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    Giants and broncos made out.
    Damn 49ers got snaked when Smith went before us.  Getting an OL is always good if he pans out.
    Have to root for a goober from Notre Dame. 
    Oh well.

I hope Sam does well for Jets.  They sit him a year it will be a great move.  He is an extremely talented kid and having a year to learn will help any QB.
    Broncos pick was great! 

Not sure why the Giants didn't pick a QB though?  Manning has 2 years left so why not train one now?

Avg career of an RB is 4 years?

Jets will ruin whomever they draft at QB.  They've had a pretty bad track record.

The Browns are the Browns.  It really doesn't matter what they do, that organization is just bad.

I liked the 49ers pick and Colts pick too but I believe that for the Colts it's a little too late.

Watch the 49ers do some good things this year.
  • Options
    There's been a shift in mentality towards running backs in the last couple of years. For at least five years... a lot of teams preferred to ham and egg it with a stable of cheap running backs.

Recently, teams have demonstrated that a strong running back equates to success.

Saquon will make the Giants better immediately. I loved the pick for them (and I'm not a Giants fan).

The head scratcher to me was the Saints' pick of Davenport-paying a king's ransom to get a relatively raw guy.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Picking a RB 2nd overall is foolish.  

It is such a plug and play position, without much separation between the top and low.  Much of it is a product of the entire offense.  Kind of like goaltending in the NHL.   T
    Teams have figured this out, which is why you dont see running backs chosen highly anymore, and you dont see them with high contracts.  

The Giants not drafting Darnold to replace their 41 year old QB who hasnt been good and was benched last year was foolish.  I would be irate if I were a fan.  If youre not going to draft a QB, go with Nelson or Chubb.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    There's been a shift in mentality towards running backs in the last couple of years. For at least five years... a lot of teams preferred to ham and egg it with a stable of cheap running backs.

Recently, teams have demonstrated that a strong running back equates to success.

Saquon will make the Giants better immediately. I loved the pick for them (and I'm not a Giants fan).

The head scratcher to me was the Saints' pick of Davenport-paying a king's ransom to get a relatively raw guy.
    I do like Barkley but not as a first round pick.  Again, avg lifespan for a RB in the league is 4 years.  Maybe he lasts longer, who knows?  The analytics on the ages are really crazy.

Why the value of an RB's stock has dropped is beyond me?  I always wondered if the concussion thing was discussed amongst the owners and gearing away from so much ground and pound?
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    I'm a giants fan and I absolutely love their pick!  From what I've heard on talk radio everyone seems pretty pumped about Saquon.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......