Options

2018 NFL Draft

KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
edited April 2018 in All Encompassing Trip
Who are you hoping your team picks?  What are some of your predictions?  General draft discussion

I want the Bears to draft Calvin Ridley and I think Barkley is going to be a bust.  Rumor is Browns are taking Mayfield at #1 which I think is a huge mistake.
Columbus-2000
Columbus-2003
Cincinnati-2006
Columbus-2010
Wrigley-2013
Cincinnati-2014
Lexington-2016
Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
Post edited by KC138045 on

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Barkley’s not gonna be a bust. Not putting him in canton but he’ll be really good. Speed, strength, athleticism, can catch, smart kid.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Barkley’s not gonna be a bust. Not putting him in canton but he’ll be really good. Speed, strength, athleticism, can catch, smart kid.
    I think he can be good return or slot player I just don't think he will be this game breaking RB everyone seems to think he will be.  But we'll see
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    KC138045 said:
    Who are you hopping your team picks?  What are some of your predictions?  General draft discussion

I want the Bears to draft Calvin Ridley and I think Barkley is going to be a bust.  Rumor is Browns are taking Mayfield at #1 which I think is a huge mistake.
    Unless they trade down, I don't see the Bears taking Ridley that high at 8.  I'm hoping they get Nelson from ND.  That guy is an animal.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    edited April 2018
    If I were Cleveland, I would take Barkley 1st then pick from the QB's left at 4. I think Barkley might be similar to Le'Veon Bell down the line. But its Cleveland. I think all the 1st round QB's are questionable, but teams are wiling to overpay. 

If all the best linebackers are gone, I'd like to see the Steelers trade down to the beginning of the 2nd round and get some additional picks. Outside of an inside backer and safety, they are mostly drafting for depth and the future. 
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    If I were Cleveland, I would take Barkley 1st then pick from the QB's left at 4. I think Barkley might be similar to Le'Veon Bell down the line. But its Cleveland. I think all the 1st round QB's are questionable, but teams are wiling to overpay. 

If all the best linebackers are gone, I'd like to see the Steelers trade down to the beginning of the 2nd round and get some additional picks. Outside of an inside backer and safety, they are mostly drafting for depth and the future. 
    Yep that's exactly what they should do.  But like you said, this is Cleveland so you can pretty much guarantee that they'll fuck it up.

I don't get the hype for any of these QBs.  Especially Darnold.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    49ers @ 9.
    I would love to get any of these guys:
    Barkley
    Nelson
    Chubb
    Smith
    Fitzpatrick

Predictions are Nelson for Smith of Fitzpatrick and I think they are both going to stud out at this level.  If I had to choose between the 2 it would be Smith.  Think he is a 10 year stud.  Just hope he doesn't retire, have a serious injury, or beat a woman.  We have had bad luck with stud LBs.

Barkley is going to be a beast.  He has it all -- I would shit my pants if the Niners got him.  No way he lasts past top 5.  I agree with pjsteelersfan -- Cleveland should take Barkley #1 and the best QB left #4. 

For QBs....I am partial to Sam, being that I went to USC.  First round QBs scare me -- so happy we got Jimmy Jesus

I hope the QBs slow-play so that 49ers can trade down a few and pick up a 2nd or another 1st for next year.  Pull a "Bears" move like they did last year and make another GM look like a chump.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617

Yep that's exactly what they should do.  But like you said, this is Cleveland so you can pretty much guarantee that they'll fuck it up.

Darnold has a tremendous amount of Favre in him.  (He would, obviously, be lucky beyond his wildest dreams to have the NFL career Favre had)

He makes plays that you think are impossible. 
    Sometimes it is genius type of shit -- and sometimes it is moron type of shit.  Depends if it works.
    Few players have this type of magic and it can be intoxicating.
    I would go RB @ 1
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Good luck to whomever is drafting a QB. 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

Darnold has a tremendous amount of Favre in him.  (He would, obviously, be lucky beyond his wildest dreams to have the NFL career Favre had)

He makes plays that you think are impossible. 
    Sometimes it is genius type of shit -- and sometimes it is moron type of shit.  Depends if it works.
    Few players have this type of magic and it can be intoxicating.
    I would go RB @ 1
    Yeah I watched him a few times last year and wasn't impressed at all.  Especially in that horrific bowl game with Ohio State....what a horseshit game that was.  
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    Barkley is going to be really good...unless Cleveland takes him then he is fucked :fearful:

going to be really interesting to see which of the QBs drafted end up being good and/or the best of this class.  I like Rosen the best. Not a big fan of Darnold.  Allen haven't seen enough to get a read.   I think Jackson is going to be good too.

and since the Eagles won the Super Bowl (fuck ya) they have the 32nd pick and no 2nd or 3rd rd picks. I suspect they will make a trade to get more picks.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    Releasing the Josh Allen tweets from a few years ago is being thought as a "tactic" by other teams so that he wouldn't be drafted early.  If that is true that is some shady shit right there!
  • Options
    Broncos need help at the line so hopefully they draft there.
  • Options
    Releasing the Josh Allen tweets from a few years ago is being thought as a "tactic" by other teams so that he wouldn't be drafted early.  If that is true that is some shady shit right there!
    Not shady at all. I love it. It’s public, someone is just trying to use it to their advantage. 
  • Options
    Not shady at all. I love it. It’s public, someone is just trying to use it to their advantage. 
    I want to start a business that deletes old tweets from athletes twitter accounts.  It's amazing how dumb some of these guys are.
  • Options
    I want to start a business that deletes old tweets from athletes twitter accounts.  It's amazing how dumb some of these guys are.
    Unfortunately you can't delete a screen shot...
  • Options
    Day before the draft isn't shady?  Come on now...  "Use it to their advantage" is the definition of shady shit, lol.
  • Options
    Day before the draft isn't shady?  Come on now...  "Use it to their advantage" is the definition of shady shit, lol.
    How is it shady?  The kid made idiotic comments out in public. There is absolutely no reason for that not to come forward. Every company should use public information to their advantage.  The stuff about Dez's mom before the draft. That was horrible. This kid said stupid shit and is being called on it at the worst possible time for him. His fault.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Is this like that Villanova player that made dumb tweets as a high school freshman but just got called out on them after March Madness?

If so, then I'm with Chris.  Shady.  Kids say/do stupid shit when they're teenagers.
  • Options
    Is this like that Villanova player that made dumb tweets as a high school freshman but just got called out on them after March Madness?

If so, then I'm with Chris.  Shady.  Kids say/do stupid shit when they're teenagers.
    Exactly the same thing.  He did it 4 years ago and it was just dug up and made it public last night...
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Then take that into consideration. I definitely would have said stupid shit if Twitter was around back then, but I also would understand if I was called on it by an employer or someone.

Absolutely nothing shady about it.  HE SAID IT IN A PUBLIC SETTING.

Edit: We look at people's social media before making hiring decisions at times. What's the difference?
  • Options

Then take that into consideration. I definitely would have said stupid shit if Twitter was around back then, but I also would understand if I was called on it by an employer or someone.

Edit: We look at people's social media before making hiring decisions at times. What's the difference?
    The timing of it was shady.  Not sure why you don't see it that way?  It was information that was out there but decided to put it out there hours before the draft and it was used as a ploy to get other teams to pass on him.  S H A D Y.

From what I'm hearing is that they are mostly music and movie quotes though.

I do agree if that Twitter was around when I was in HS I'd have done stupid shit too, lol!
  • Options
    edited April 2018

The timing of it was shady.  Not sure why you don't see it that way?  It was information that was out there but decided to put it out there hours before the draft and it was used as a ploy to get other teams to pass on him.  S H A D Y.

From what I'm hearing is that they are mostly music and movie quotes though.

I do agree if that Twitter was around when I was in HS I'd have done stupid shit too, lol!
    Shady to you means strategic to me.   Some party is being strategic with public information that they had at their disposal.
  • Options
    I also review social media when scanning candidates for employment.  You would be foolish and lazy not to, imo.
  • Options
    Technically Allen released this information. Anyone that hadn't already looked this up isn't doing their job. All the teams knew about this shit already.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    JK_Livin said:
    Technically Allen released this information. Anyone that hadn't already looked this up isn't doing their job. All the teams knew about this shit already.
    Agreed

It does sound like this is old news.  His Twitter was scrubbed in January
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Good luck to whomever is drafting a QB. 
    Unless you're in the NFC East.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    KC138045 said:
    Who are you hopping your team picks?  What are some of your predictions?  General draft discussion

Unless they trade down, I don't see the Bears taking Ridley that high at 8.  I'm hoping they get Nelson from ND.  That guy is an animal.
    Agreed!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    Lots of Barkley talk here...
    Having watched this guy in college quite a bit, I do believe if he stays healthy, he will be a top 3 RB in the league for many years.  He can do it all.  I don't know how well he blocks, but everything else he is star.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    The Browns knew Manziel was a mess but hey, they still drafted him...
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,321
    mca47 said:
    Lots of Barkley talk here...
    Having watched this guy in college quite a bit, I do believe if he stays healthy, he will be a top 3 RB in the league for many years.  He can do it all.  I don't know how well he blocks, but everything else he is star.
    from what I've heard he's a good blocker
    I miss igotid88