Getting tickets to the Seattle shows... impossible?

My boss just told me he needs to know which weeks I'm gonna take my vacation. 

... that made me think again about Seattle... 

If one would decide to grab a planeticket and go to Seattle in August. Is it impossible (as in super expensive scalper tickets) to get tickets now, or due to the amount of tickets pretty easy?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

If one would decide to grab a planeticket and go to Seattle in August. Is it impossible (as in super expensive scalper tickets) to get tickets now, or due to the amount of tickets pretty easy?
    Unless you can find someone on here that has a spare your looking at expensive scalper tickets.  You do however have 4 months to find a ticket

Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Have faith...they'll pop up as time gets closer. It will be a fun week!
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    Leave room for Missoula, too. There’s no way you’d miss out on all three shows. Just keep checking the pages here. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I don't want my summer to fly by...but u also want it to be August already for Seattle and Missoula.

Good luck!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I would think if you tried hard enough you would find tickets.

PJ did a pretty good job trying to get the tickets in the hands of fans.  A very large large percentage went right to 10c members.  They aren't easily transferable (at least not in pairs) so most people will use their tickets (unless they only wanted a single).   The first public onsale was via verified fan which tries to use your history to determine whether or not you would use the tickets or flip them.   Jury is still out on how well that works, but it seems to work better than first come first serve.   Then only the remainder went for regular onsale.

Still it's a big venue.  People are going to need to ditch tickets.  Plus if you're super hardcore most concerts have ticket drops in the days lead up to the show (or day off the show).   If you really want to go, and you continually scour the internet for tickets, something will pop up.  They always do.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    It should be easier to get a single ticket as opposed to pairs. People (much like myself) might decide to unload their second ticket closer to Aug 8 if none of their friends wish to attend either of the shows with them.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Leave room for Missoula, too. There’s no way you’d miss out on all three shows. Just keep checking the pages here. 
    I was looking Missoula flights last night.  Have the hotel and concert tickets.  I've got Euro shows coming up but I think I'm most excited about flying into Missoula and enjoying a relaxing week of music, hiking, fishing, golf, eating steak, etc...  Gonna be great.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,971
    I don't want my summer to fly by...but u also want it to be August already for Seattle and Missoula.

Good luck!
    This!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    I decide in the weekend... and look over my finances... 

But you have to visit Seattle some time. What better time than now. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Not at all impossible... There are still plenty of people with spare tickets to share around. And then there is the secondary market, although I don't recommend ever taking that route. I'd rather miss the show.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 593

I think with around 90,000 tickets out there for the shows, and the fact that 10c members can sell one ticket (and transfer electronically) I believe getting a couple of singles should be no problem. Getting a reasonably priced accommodation may prove to be a bigger challenge.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    DJ253147 said:

I think with around 90,000 tickets out there for the shows, and the fact that 10c members can sell one ticket (and transfer electronically) I believe getting a couple of singles should be no problem. Getting a reasonably priced accommodation may prove to be a bigger challenge.
    Only for the downtown core. If one is willing to uber or transit just a little ways, it will be easy to find accommodations too. And Airbnb is probably still on option, even downtown.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Go!
    I think there will be plenty of spares. 
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Do it man!!!..if you have the dollars..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • trevorjtrevorj Portland, Oregon Posts: 62
    There will be extras. I had to buy two due to rules. Still haven't decided what to do with my extra. But I wan't it to go to somebody worthwhile. I am sure there are plenty like me.

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    there will be extras.  i'm most likely going solo and will have my extras listed here.  just waiting for a friend to make up his mind first.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    ComeToTX said:
    there will be extras.  i'm most likely going solo and will have my extras listed here.  just waiting for a friend to make up his mind first.
    Waited for a friend to make up his mind before the lottery. Fucker didn't make up his mind correctly. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    edited April 2018
    ComeToTX said:
    Waited for a friend to make up his mind before the lottery. Fucker didn't make up his mind correctly. 
    Are you looking for a single or a pair? Which night? I maybe able to help you out....
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited April 2018
    ComeToTX said:
    I will likely be in the same boat. I know two people out there (coming from Ontario) and have no idea if they have any interest in going (or paying $120US ...or whatever it was...for a ticket).
    Post edited by rummy on
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    rummy said:
    ComeToTX said:
    I will likely be in the sams boat. I know two people out there (coming from Ontario) and have no idea if they have any interest in going (or paying $120US ...or whatever it was...for a ticket).
    Ontario will be well represented 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....????