how many color fixers are there?

just was wondering because looking at my blue one in a frame & starting thinking of having all in a frame but they must cost a lot?

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I believe there are only white, black (UK edition), orange and blue Fixer singles.
  • eyecanwalkeyecanwalk Posts: 707
    there has to be more
    I would say I am 99.8% sure it is just those four.
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    edited April 2018
    There are 5- white, black, orange, blue and light blue.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    SJD3232 said:
    Correct
    Interesting.  That is why I hedged my answer 0.2%.   One more vinyl to get rid of I guess when you realize collecting multi-color vinyl is silly. 
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    just was wondering because looking at my blue one in a frame & starting thinking of having all in a frame but they must cost a lot?
    Have all 4 of mine in a shadow box :)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Is there a known print run on each of these? I have the black, white, and orange - if I remember correctly, the orange was super limited, but I'm not sure to what extent.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
    Is there a known print run on each of these? I have the black, white, and orange - if I remember correctly, the orange was super limited, but I'm not sure to what extent.
    https://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-The-Fixer/release/2446221
    SJD3232 said:
    https://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-The-Fixer/release/2446221
    Wow, less than 100 of the orange. That's pretty cool. Thanks for the info.

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 492
    i have a white and a orange (got it in a mystery box, score!). i'll get a blue at some point. but less than 100? seems like i see too many for sale for there to be less than 100. where does someone get that info? i know you got it off discogs but getting actual pressing info for pj records seems next to impossible. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
    i have a white and a orange (got it in a mystery box, score!). i'll get a blue at some point. but less than 100? seems like i see too many for sale for there to be less than 100. where does someone get that info? i know you got it off discogs but getting actual pressing info for pj records seems next to impossible. 
    I'm assuming that the estimate is based on the number of independent record stores that participated in the promotion; from what I remember, that was the only way to receive the orange version until a few popped up in mystery boxes. That being said, I don't think there's any way to know how many more they pressed in addition to the ones that were given away in the contest, or how many are stored away in the PJ vault.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    MedozK said:
    SJD3232 said:
    Correct
    I thought blue and light blue were the same pressing, just one glob of blue vinyl was a tad lighter than the other.
    MedozK said:
    SJD3232 said:
    Correct
    I thought blue and light blue were the same pressing, just one glob of blue vinyl was a tad lighter than the other.
    That's obviously two colors  ;)

For the collectors, it's definitely considered an entirely different variation.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    How many dark blue pressings were there? Scored the light blue one back in 2013 in Seattle at that sweet Pearl Jam Pop Up Shop Experience. 
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Damn I should sell mine.  I have the orange and have never listened to it!
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,173
    Red Lukin said:
    Damn I should sell mine.  I have the orange and have never listened to it!
    Probably sounds entirely different than the white Fixer. I bet it even has subliminal messages of the dates of the next 5 album release dates. That’s why it’s so expensive.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    SJD3232 said:
    MedozK said:
    SJD3232 said:
    Correct

I still think that's horseshit.  The color blue was just getting lighter during the pressing.  I've got all 4 and consider it complete.

I don't care what any of you say, lol.

I also believe that there are about 200 orange pressed.
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    SJD3232 said:
    MedozK said:
    SJD3232 said:
    Correct

I still think that's horseshit.  The color blue was just getting lighter during the pressing.  I've got all 4 and consider it complete.

Is your basis for the 200 because there were a few in the mystery boxes?
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Yeah, less than 100 for the orange one seems way too little.. Discogs is great, but it's a user-built site (that means anyone can register and updating info as they please), so you better take these kind of info with a grain of salt.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    edited April 2018
    Add another color fixer to the mix.  My wife calls me her fixer and I'm more of a pale tan than white
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    SJD3232 said:
    MedozK said:
    SJD3232 said:
    Correct

Is your basis for the 200 because there were a few in the mystery boxes?
    Yes, that and they sold 40 or so at the 2013 Pop up shop.
    Add another color fixer to the mix.  My wife calls me her fixer and I'm more of a pale tan than white
    :lol:

MedozK said:
    SJD3232 said:
    Correct
    I have always thought that also. But you know in collector’s minds they are different. Lol
  • scrappysatticscrappysattic Lawrence, KS Posts: 302
    edited April 2018
    I have the set of 4 colors plus these two errors/uncut ones i got from the 10 club..  Wonder how many of these are out there?

96' - Hartford
    98'- Hartford, Mansfield Night 2
    00' - Mansfield Night 2
    03' - Mansfield Night 1
    04' - VFC St Louis
    10' - Kansas City
    13' - OKC
    14' - St Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln
    16' - Chicago Night 1

17' EV  Louisville, KY

18' Wrigley Night 1

• iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    Woah, those are cool looking.  How did you score those?
  • scrappysatticscrappysattic Lawrence, KS Posts: 302
    Woah, those are cool looking.  How did you score those?

I was lucky enough to win the first ultimate mystery box and they were in there!

96' - Hartford
    98'- Hartford, Mansfield Night 2
    00' - Mansfield Night 2
    03' - Mansfield Night 1
    04' - VFC St Louis
    10' - Kansas City
    13' - OKC
    14' - St Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln
    16' - Chicago Night 1

17' EV  Louisville, KY

18' Wrigley Night 1

• a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Wow, those are sweet.
    I also have the 4 and consider mine complete, blue is blue!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    edited April 2018
    My copy. Never played as the fixer is my least favorite PJ song!

Post edited by Red Lukin on
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    I have a white one signed by stone. Thats enough for me
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -