Options

Mt Rainer before Seattle shows

I'd like to get up Mt. Rainer before the Seattle shows and I'm looking for anyone that might be interested.  I've taken mountaineering courses in Colorado, gotten up most of the 14ers, and have climbed Orizaba in Mexico as well.  Anyone interested?  I would rather not use a guide service, but I'm fine with it if need be.  Thanks.

Kevin

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Haha you'd be lucky to get someone to go on a 5 mile hike at the base of Rainier with you, PJ fans are trending toward old and fat lol

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    I'm envious, butterjam!  I recently started really getting into reading mountaineering books starting with Jon Krakauer's Into Thin Air then moving on to Reinhold Messner and currently reading Ed Viesturs' No Shortcuts to the Top.  You might appreciate the Viesturs' book.  One of the things he writes about in that book is a good deal about RMI (Rainier Mountaineering, Inc.) and his years as a tour guide with them.  Great stuff.  I wish I were young enough and able enough to make a climb like that. 

My best effort years back was doing California's Pyramid Peak in the Crystal Range starting at 6,000 feet and going to the summit at just under 10,000 and back in one day, finishing the last of the climb down Horsetail Falls by moonlight. Good times!

I hope you find someone to climb with!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.