Did CNN turn satire?

2»

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    ^
    Modern journalism.
    So Faux!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    OnWis97 said:
    There are only three trustworthy news sources: Fox News, Breitbart, and the Twitter account of Donald Trump.

(Perhaps I've turned satire)

Don't forget Infowars and Gateway Pundit, where Unsung gets a lot of his news.
    Never been on either hotshot.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    unsung said:
    OnWis97 said:
    There are only three trustworthy news sources: Fox News, Breitbart, and the Twitter account of Donald Trump.

(Perhaps I've turned satire)

Don't forget Infowars and Gateway Pundit, where Unsung gets a lot of his news.
    Never been on either hotshot.
    Not a chance in hell of this being an accurate statement.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    I was watching batman v superman last night, and the news people were watching in the movie were actual CNN correspondents, like Anderson Cooper, Brooke Baldwin, etc. Does no one else think this blurs the lines between respected truths and entertainment? Should real journalists be playing themselves in a fictional medium?
    It doesn't both me. Movies are allowed to reflect the real world.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    PJ_Soul said:
    I was watching batman v superman last night, and the news people were watching in the movie were actual CNN correspondents, like Anderson Cooper, Brooke Baldwin, etc. Does no one else think this blurs the lines between respected truths and entertainment? Should real journalists be playing themselves in a fictional medium?
    of course, but the movie studio would have PAID those journalists, and they would have PAID CNN for the use of their logo. You don't find that a little ethically grey?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    unsung said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Why would you think that topic is satire, even sarcastically?
    I don’t.  I was being sarcastic.  In the world we live I am shocked that this is a story, much less a real thing.  
    Funny yesterday the kids decide to walk out and guess what Fox doesn’t even mention it , hoe come you didn’t post that which is news worthy...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    PJ_Soul said:
    of course, but the movie studio would have PAID those journalists, and they would have PAID CNN for the use of their logo. You don't find that a little ethically grey?
    I don't. Not if they are appearing in a movie. If they were folding advertising for the movie into the real-life news broadcast it would be different. But appearing in a piece of fiction that doesn't pretend to be anything else doesn't seem ethically grey at all.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited March 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    Nope. What are you thinking is ethically grey about it? Like, you think the fact they do that would keep CNN from reporting certain things about that studio or something? I seriously doubt that, even in the slim chance that it would even come up. I think what you're saying would apply to politicians, not news anchors or outlets. They're a business, so this seems fine to me personally. Doesn't concern me.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I kind of like it when real people play cameos in movies where they play themselves like Bruce Willis did in Oceans 13 (or was it 12?).  That was funny as hell!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Sen. Patrick Leahy was in a bunch of Batman movies.  Some people are media nuts
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    It's not ethically gray; it's just plain wrong. CNN doesn't exist in Metropolis or Gotham. :glasses:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    It's not ethically gray; it's just plain wrong. CNN doesn't exist in Metropolis or Gotham. :glasses:
    :lol:

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Nope. What are you thinking is ethically grey about it? Like, you think the fact they do that would keep CNN from reporting certain things about that studio or something? I seriously doubt that, even in the slim chance that it would even come up. I think what you're saying would apply to politicians, not news anchors or outlets. They're a business, so this seems fine to me personally. Doesn't concern me.
    I don't know, to be honest. Just kind of struck me. it's never even been on my radar prior to last night. possibly because that was in pre-"fake news" nonsense era. possibly because most movies use made up news outlet names (or local ones that no one outside of that locality would know). 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankind said:
    LOL. until last night,  I had no idea that Gotham and Metropolis were like the twin cities. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:

There's Galaxy Broadcasting System (GBS) in Metropolis, Gotham News Network (GNN) and Gotham City News (GCN) in Gotham.

Zack Snyder sucks! 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:

There's Galaxy Broadcasting System (GBS) in Metropolis, Gotham News Network (GNN) and Gotham City News (GCN) in Gotham.

Zack Snyder sucks! 
    https://goo.gl/images/oq8qUS
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Ha!  That is awesome
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Unsung getting owned again
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    where is the story about the 97 year old grandmother who claims to have the best meatloaf recipe in the country?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    where is the story about the 97 year old grandmother who claims to have the best meatloaf recipe in the country?
    My grandmother is not 97. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    unsung said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Why would you think that topic is satire, even sarcastically?
    I don’t.  I was being sarcastic.  In the world we live I am shocked that this is a story, much less a real thing.  
    Funny yesterday the kids decide to walk out and guess what Fox doesn’t even mention it , hoe come you didn’t post that which is news worthy...
    YEs they did, I saw it last night on tv.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/15/parkland-massacre-sparks-wave-state-level-gun-reform-efforts.html
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/5751752258001/?#sp=show-clips
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/15/hs-student-video-goes-viral-for-being-lone-participant-in-schools-national-school-walkout.html
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    i heard on the radio that fox spend less than 30 minutes talking about it. most of it was hannity and that dr laura lady bashing the kids as being influenced by moveon.org.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    i heard on the radio that fox spend less than 30 minutes talking about it. most of it was hannity and that dr laura lady bashing the kids as being influenced by moveon.org.
    I m Not a Fox News fan at all but 30 minutes on a story seems pretty damn adequate to me. 
  • Options
    the radio report i was referring to said fox news spent 30 minutes total of the entire news day on this, across all shows.

• Options
    the radio report i was referring to said fox news spent 30 minutes total of the entire news day on this, across all shows.
    AAAaaaaah, much different bud. That s horse shit. 
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    my2hands said:
    Unsung getting owned again
    Yawn.