Europe Tour Routing/Transportation

1568101113

Comments

  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 4,019
    Anyone else interested in booking a flight at 6:00am on the 4th going to Berlin? 1 stop in Munich and we get into Berlin at 9:00am. If you book a return to Krakow it is much cheaper atm. It is booked directly with Lufthansa so no 3rd parties to worry about if something happens to the flight. I know it is not for everyone being that early but let me know as I am pretty sure I am going to go ahead with it if I can find one more crazy person. It is 115 Euro right now. 
    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • Red LukinRed Lukin CanadaPosts: 2,778
    Here's my options in order:

    1) wait to buy a direct day train ticket
    2) over night train ticket

    If none of those pan out, I may

    3) rent private transportation (maybe the 8 seater and get 6 others to split)
    4) or rent my own van.  I'd go this route but with the drop off fee it's cheaper to just go the private transportation route.
  • ajdolan1ajdolan1 ChicagoPosts: 5
    23scidoo said:
    I just posted this elsewhere, this is what I received regarding the train from Prague to Krakow
    This is what i get today from my friend in Prague..

    ''I exchanged few mails with them. Good they reply quickly. But sometimes they do not answer the question properly.

     

    Finally I have the result for you. But it is not confirmation :-(

     

    The timetable is going to be changed on 10/6 so they cannot guarantee it will stay as it is. When I asked them if the train EC115 is planned for 2/7 they replied that it is in the draft but the departure time and price may change. They cannot say anything concrete now ''

     

    we've been planning for months to take the overnight train that leaves the 2nd at 10sh and arrives at 6am on the 3rd (prague to krakow) - they say that might be changing? haha - time will tell i guess, i figure tomorrow (60 days out), we will be allowed to purchase 1st class tickets on that overnight train... hopefully? 
  • Gdeady25Gdeady25 Richmond VA Posts: 13
    I’m traveling solo for the whole Prague-Krakow-Berlin leg of the tour and am also trying to figure out travel logistics (and looking for travel buddies). Would anyone be interested in splitting costs for a rental car? I have the option to fly into Berlin on June 29 instead of Prague, and could do a 5 day rental where I drive from Berlin to Prague on June 30, then drive from Prague to Krakow early-ish the morning of July 2, and then drive from Krakow to Berlin early-ish the morning of July 4. This would avoid the one-way drop off fee since I was already planning to fly out of Berlin on July 6. The total cost of the rental (a mid-size car) would be about $250 USD, plus gas. I’m terrible at estimating the cost of gas in Europe, but I think this would be fairly inexpensive spilt between 3 or 4 people. 
  • nippleholicnippleholic TorontoPosts: 1,065
    Gdeady25 said:
    I’m traveling solo for the whole Prague-Krakow-Berlin leg of the tour and am also trying to figure out travel logistics (and looking for travel buddies). Would anyone be interested in splitting costs for a rental car? I have the option to fly into Berlin on June 29 instead of Prague, and could do a 5 day rental where I drive from Berlin to Prague on June 30, then drive from Prague to Krakow early-ish the morning of July 2, and then drive from Krakow to Berlin early-ish the morning of July 4. This would avoid the one-way drop off fee since I was already planning to fly out of Berlin on July 6. The total cost of the rental (a mid-size car) would be about $250 USD, plus gas. I’m terrible at estimating the cost of gas in Europe, but I think this would be fairly inexpensive spilt between 3 or 4 people. 

    PM'd!
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
  • Cal.PJ.CCal.PJ.C Posts: 159
    I'm trying to figure out what gets me to Krakow as early as possible I'd love to have a whole day to see this city
  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 4,019
    Cal.PJ.C said:
    I'm trying to figure out what gets me to Krakow as early as possible I'd love to have a whole day to see this city
    Bus leaving at 02:25 and gets into Krakow at 10:15. The site has not updated for late June or July yet. 


    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 5,730
    The overnight train tickets from Prague to Krakow on July 2nd just went up online....

    https://www.cd.cz/spojeni-a-jizdenka/apiform?f=Praha%20hl.n.&t=Krakow&time=10:00&lang=en

    Get em while they’re hot!
  • Cal.PJ.CCal.PJ.C Posts: 159
    PJNB said:
    Cal.PJ.C said:
    I'm trying to figure out what gets me to Krakow as early as possible I'd love to have a whole day to see this city
    Bus leaving at 02:25 and gets into Krakow at 10:15. The site has not updated for late June or July yet. 


    And that's direct? Could be a winner
  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 4,019
    Cal.PJ.C said:
    PJNB said:
    Cal.PJ.C said:
    I'm trying to figure out what gets me to Krakow as early as possible I'd love to have a whole day to see this city
    Bus leaving at 02:25 and gets into Krakow at 10:15. The site has not updated for late June or July yet. 


    And that's direct? Could be a winner
    Ya it is but it is annoyingly not updating for the summer schedule. How many are you traveling with? I am going solo and would be nice to get together with some other forum members. I am planning on going right after the show back into Prague. Getting a look at the city/bridge under the lights then heading west to the bus stop. 

    Also that night train looks great but I really want to have the day before to explore Krakow so I will not feel rushed on the day of the show.
    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • Cal.PJ.CCal.PJ.C Posts: 159
    PJNB said:
    Cal.PJ.C said:
    PJNB said:
    Cal.PJ.C said:
    I'm trying to figure out what gets me to Krakow as early as possible I'd love to have a whole day to see this city
    Bus leaving at 02:25 and gets into Krakow at 10:15. The site has not updated for late June or July yet. 


    And that's direct? Could be a winner
    Ya it is but it is annoyingly not updating for the summer schedule. How many are you traveling with? I am going solo and would be nice to get together with some other forum members. I am planning on going right after the show back into Prague. Getting a look at the city/bridge under the lights then heading west to the bus stop. 

    Also that night train looks great but I really want to have the day before to explore Krakow so I will not feel rushed on the day of the show.
    I'm going solo also I'd like to get to Krakow early on the 2nd to have the whole day but as far as I know there's no late night train so a bus might have to do

    Any of you guys going to Barcelona? 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 11,626
    BS44325 said:
    The overnight train tickets from Prague to Krakow on July 2nd just went up online....

    https://www.cd.cz/spojeni-a-jizdenka/apiform?f=Praha%20hl.n.&t=Krakow&time=10:00&lang=en

    Get em while they’re hot!
    And the morning, as i can see.
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,015
    I think we're just going to travel via bus. It's cheaper. I have meds to help me sleep!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 4,019
    The Rock said:
    I think we're just going to travel via bus. It's cheaper. I have meds to help me sleep!
    Same one I was looking at after the show? 
    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,015
    PJNB said:
    The Rock said:
    I think we're just going to travel via bus. It's cheaper. I have meds to help me sleep!
    Same one I was looking at after the show? 
    No, we're staying an extra night/day in Prague so we're on the bus overnight on July 2nd. Arriving in Krakow at 7:40am on July 3rd.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 4,019
    Ah ok. With those ones available now and the 02:25 train not showing has me wondering if it will ever be available. 
    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • Red LukinRed Lukin CanadaPosts: 2,778
    The overnight bus is tempting but if I take it on the 2nd/3rd it means I'll arrive the day of the show and get little time to see the city.  The train is also only 6.5 hours which means likely less than 6 hours sleep the day of the show.

    I've looked into rental cars and vans but the price seems too steep.

    The more I think about it the private transportation seems like a good idea.  Would any of you guys be interested?  It's basically 57 Euro, or 88 cnd and included all costs and a 4 hour stop at Auschwitz.  Really my only chance to see Auschwitz is by driving on the 2nd.
  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 4,019
    Red Lukin said:
    The overnight bus is tempting but if I take it on the 2nd/3rd it means I'll arrive the day of the show and get little time to see the city.  The train is also only 6.5 hours which means likely less than 6 hours sleep the day of the show.

    I've looked into rental cars and vans but the price seems too steep.

    The more I think about it the private transportation seems like a good idea.  Would any of you guys be interested?  It's basically 57 Euro, or 88 cnd and included all costs and a 4 hour stop at Auschwitz.  Really my only chance to see Auschwitz is by driving on the 2nd.
    If the night bus after the show does not become available I would be interested in this. What time were you thinking of leaving?
    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • Red LukinRed Lukin CanadaPosts: 2,778
    Around 8am.  Will get us to Krakow at like 6-7pm after a 4 hour stop in auschwitz
  • cutzcutz Posts: 7,606
    23scidoo said:
    BS44325 said:
    The overnight train tickets from Prague to Krakow on July 2nd just went up online....

    https://www.cd.cz/spojeni-a-jizdenka/apiform?f=Praha%20hl.n.&t=Krakow&time=10:00&lang=en

    Get em while they’re hot!
    And the morning, as i can see.
    I see that too, though it's not Direct, which i don't care. Looks to me it will only be about 40 minutes longer? I'm good with that.

    I give you guys credit who will do the over night travel after the show. Sleep is just to important for me.
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 417
    I think I've booked a ticket on the overnight train of 2nd July. Hope I've done it correctly! 
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 235
    I don't know how this website works, it's all over the place. I'm going for the half 10 train out of Prague.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I + II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I + II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I + II
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 417
    I don't know how this website works, it's all over the place. I'm going for the half 10 train out of Prague.
    Its pretty confusing. Seat 61 website gives booking tips 
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, GreecePosts: 2,427
    Right now I can see a train leaving at 07.24 am with 2 transfers . It arrives in Krakow after 9h36m.. Where are all the buses and trains??
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • mcar74mcar74 Posts: 9
    Hi

    Direct train from Prague to Krakow on July 2nd at 10:24 is up online
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 235
    Looks like first class has been swiped already, oh well.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I + II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I + II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I + II
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,015
    Options for Krakow to Berlin are pretty crap right now.
    Overnight train departs at 17:30, has two changes and gets to Berlin at 10:48am which is later than I'd like to be arriving on the day of the show.

    So, the other options are day trips via train or bus, leaving at 09:20 on July 4th and arriving in Berlin at 17:15 which takes out our plans to go to Auschwitz.  I don't know what to do.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 417
    The Rock said:
    Options for Krakow to Berlin are pretty crap right now.
    Overnight train departs at 17:30, has two changes and gets to Berlin at 10:48am which is later than I'd like to be arriving on the day of the show.

    So, the other options are day trips via train or bus, leaving at 09:20 on July 4th and arriving in Berlin at 17:15 which takes out our plans to go to Auschwitz.  I don't know what to do.
    What about overnight travel from Prague to Krakow on 2nd. Auschwitz on 3rd, travel to Berlin on 4th...? 
  • PJNBPJNB New BrunswickPosts: 4,019
    Has the price for second class always been 624 Kč for the direct 10:24 train? 
    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 417
    PJNB said:
    Has the price for second class always been 624 Kč for the direct 10:24 train? 
    Thats what i just paid for my overnight seat 
1568101113
Sign In or Register to comment.