3-time Cancer Survivor’s Letter to Pearl Jam

1235»

Comments

• PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, ILPosts: 368
    Thank you so much for sharing this. Too many people don't understand the fact that THIS is why Pearl Jam is simply the most awesome band in the world.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready-Take Over!!" - E.V.
  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 83
    PJWGIII said:
    Thank you so much for sharing this. Too many people don't understand the fact that THIS is why Pearl Jam is simply the most awesome band in the world.
    Thanks for the kind words!
  • lbpeltzlbpeltz Posts: 92
    Jesus. Sometimes life just don’t leave you alone. Best of luck my friend. Keep fighting the good fight. 
    lbpeltz said:
    Jesus. Sometimes life just don’t leave you alone. Best of luck my friend. Keep fighting the good fight. 
    But what a beautiful life it is.   Thanks for the kind words!
    PJWGIII said:
    It truly is
    Rocking my Inside Job shirt today.  How you choose to feel is how you are.  And I feel fucking awesome.  

PP49889 said:
    ocb84 said:
    Part of the story my brother Peter isn't telling you is that he also had some issues going on the night of the Saint Paul concert....we had been drawn for Pit tickets through the Fan Club and he had just gotten his central line put in for Chemotherapy...he also had no platelets so had trouble clotting blood.  We gave up the GA Tix to sit in the stands since there was a risk of him getting bumped into during the show and tearing at his newly installed line.  We both sat through the show in between bouts of pure joy and pure sadness, all the while Peter would run up to the bathroom to change the dressing sitting on his chest having soaked through with blood (matching his bright Red Winnipeg PJ shirt)  The talk by Ed and Dr Tolar with Peter sitting next to me was one of those life changing and altering moments in my life.

Peter truly has been an amazing inspiration to everyone and I am so proud of his strength, determination and the willingness to show how to live while conquering an unfair bolt from the blue.  I love you Peter and can't wait to Keep on Rockin at Wrigley!

One month until we are recovering from Night One at Wrigley!!
1235»