Options

Missoula 2018!!

sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 110
edited March 2018 in The Porch
Hey all!  Won my lotto for tix for Missoula, up front in the GA Standing.  Super excited to take my now 18 year old son and myself.  We have a room reserved and are ready to go.  Let's chat about this show!  Who else is going? 

The 2012 show I attended (inside in the field house) was reserved seats so did not need to hang out beforehand.  Interested in tips for getting a good spot in the Ten Club GA.  We can camp or hang out if we have to.  Hoping to use the day for some mountain biking too though.  Maybe will have to get there another day ahead to pull that off.  Hoping fire season and smoke won't be too bad this year.  

I had a great time at the 2012 show, and did get some biking in.  Looking forward to a great show here.  
Post edited by sunvalleylaw on

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    What is your definition of good spot?   Within 8 “rows” and you can mountain bike all day and show up when doors open.   
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    That would probably work.  May show up a bit early anyways.  We are staying right near campus, so can do a quick ride, clean up, head over and get T-shirts, spot in line, etc. Though this kid, his sister and I got spots on the wall in front of the finger stage for the Foo Fighters at the gorge in WA a couple years ago.  He may want to try for something in the first couple rows again.  
    Post edited by sunvalleylaw on
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    The last time Pearl Jam were in Ireland, I was able to walk up to what was probably roughly the 3rd row during the middle part of the set. I know we all love the band and want to have a great live experience but I try not to worry about clinging to the barrier for anyone I see these days. Having said that, it's awesome that your son is going to get to see Pearl Jam with you, and if he wants the barrier, then you've got to go up!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,525
    Can't wait for this show!  It will be my first time in GA. 
  • Options
    Anyone know if this show will show some support for Mr. Jon Tester??  2012 sure did and it was great.  Hoping the guys will again!
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 404
    I believe it will. 
  • Options
    link93 said:
    I believe it will. 
    Yeah, I did a search, and found this hinting that it would. http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/268706/tester-hints-at-pearl-jam-2018-campaign-appearance

Hoping it will come through, and bet it will.  
  • Options
    Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    Anyone hear of any pre-show festivities going on that day?
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I’m sure we should be hearing something soon. Whatever it is, I’ll be there!
  • Options
    UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 777
    Let’s create one. Should be a good group traveling in as we are. That and amongst the locals. Should be a good time. 
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Will be driving up from Sun Valley probably Friday night or Saturday morning.  Planning on some local mountain biking on Saturday and Sunday, and merch shopping, and getting in line early for the up front floor GA section for me an my kid I got through the ticket lotto. 

I loved, loved, LOVED the 2012 show in the fieldhouse, even though our seats were way up in the back.  Excited to be up close in the front this time.  Sure hoping fire season is kind to us and it is not too smoky or anything.  Having lived in the intermountain west now for quite a while, sometimes it can get smoky that time of year. 
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,525
    There's a Jeff Ament's Army event the evening before at Locals Only.
  • Options
    I will check into that Ament event.  
  • Options
    DG38846DG38846 Posts: 6
    Hey all, If anyone has an extra tix to Missoula show, I’m interested. 
    Donna Greco
  • Options
    ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    Anyone going to Missoula from Calgary or Edmonton? My ride got a job offer that restricts him from going. I have 1GA 10C ticket to offer and a room beside the venue.
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Bump
  • Options
    Anyone know how to tell if tickets are for PIT or general GA????
  • Options
    Anyone know how to tell if tickets are for PIT or general GA????
    In your my tickets section did it say you won reserved or GA?  That would be a dead giveaway.
  • Options
    I know I’m GA not reserved. not sure how to find out if I’m in pit or regular GA
  • Options
    I know I’m GA not reserved. not sure how to find out if I’m in pit or regular GA
    Gotcha.  My Bad.  I would assume that if they were purchased through the 10C lottery then you would be in The 10C PIT up front.  Pretty sure the other PIT farther back was during the ticketmaster presale, but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    jlondon31jlondon31 Posts: 88
    Gotcha.  My Bad.  I would assume that if they were purchased through the 10C lottery then you would be in The 10C PIT up front.  Pretty sure the other PIT farther back was during the ticketmaster presale, but I could be wrong.
    This is correct.
  • Options
    Ok, getting excited.  Can't afford the pre-party the night before to support Jon Tester, but will be staying right downtown so will be wandering around the campus area of town checking things out and for fun things to do with other concert goers.  Will have a 18 year old with me so nothing too wild.  Hoping the smoke outlook stays in the moderate category from smoke drifting in from out of the area like the rest of the West.  PJ played last night in Seattle and it was a bit hazy so we should be hopefully good if things stay as they are.  Also, the extreme temps over the weekend look to moderate down to mid 80's for over the weekend and into the concert, so that is good.  Excited!
  • Options
    Does anyone know what they allow in Griz stadium? It says no large backpacks/bags but I need to be hydrated big time and we'll be jammed up against the stage as usual lol.
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    orerockon said:
    Does anyone know what they allow in Griz stadium? It says no large backpacks/bags but I need to be hydrated big time and we'll be jammed up against the stage as usual lol.
    Check with the box office of Griz stadium.
    406-243-4051

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Check emails
    New show time 8:00pm

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Don’t have Facebook, but what’s the pre party info for the night before?
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    I've been sitting on the tarmac at Newark Airport for 6 fucking hours waiting for my flight out to finally leave.

I missed my connecting flight by, oh, 5 hours or so, so tonight I get to sleep in the San Francisco airport before my morning flight out to Missoula.

This fucking show better be 4 hours of nothing but the good stuff!

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!.....
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Camping outside of Lolo.  Gonna hit the public Rock2Vote thing and cruise around on Sunday night.  Hoping for a morning mountain bike ride then lining up for 10C GA.  Glad that it looks like the temps are going to ease off a bit!

• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited August 2018
    Aaaaaaand after 13 hours at the airport and 7 hours sitting on a plane I'm heading right back home.  Flight is cancelled.

Was supposed to get in Saturday at 9PM.  Now I just hoping I can get in before the show on Monday.

Man, this fucking sucks my balls.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'