Options

Can we stop all the hating on each other here?

13»

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    Sew Crates, dudes!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    PJ_Soul said:
    Reading through all these threads sure has been more entertaining with the posts from Hank. 

JimmyV said:
    There is a lot of it for sure. I think I notice it less here because I've been spending more time in the Facebook group and people there are MUCH worse to each other, IMO. But your message Brian is a good one.
    The facebook groups are also a lot better in many ways. First, you don’t see an opinion from the same 25 people constantly because so many more people actively use it. Second, it’s just more fun imo. Third, I think you get to know people better over there. The list goes on. 
    I disagree with all of that except for the more people part. The problem with the facebook group is 1) it's a fucking cesspool - so many trolls, too many people to moderate properly. So much vitriol compared to here, and 2) it's very rare that you ever see an opinion over that is actually well thought out on facebook. There are just millions of poorly thought out opinions, and then a ton of arguing a trolling after them, with a decent comment here and there. 3) I 100% think you get to know people better on the 10C forum. Less noise, less putrid crap, and far more involved conversations that last way longer, often years.
    In the facebook group it’s much harder to get any back and forth going on a subject and the shelf life of a post is about two hours.