March For Our Lives - Parkland Students Demanding Action

Comments

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Yay for children using their 1st Amendment rights!!!
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/03/31/florida-high-school-students-walk-out-guns-second-amendment/475486002/
    I’ll probably join them if an event is organized in my city.
    Exploitation!

;)
    Well I was told here that using children to further a political agenda is not exploitation, so I guess it’s not.
    Well I was told by you that it was exploitation, but I guess it's not now.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/03/31/florida-high-school-students-walk-out-guns-second-amendment/475486002/
    Exploitation!

;)
    Well I was told here that using children to further a political agenda is not exploitation, so I guess it’s not.
    Well I was told by you that it was exploitation, but I guess it's not now.
    So we’re both wrong?  Both right?
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    PJPOWER said:
    Crisis actors.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited April 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Exploitation!

;)

Except the 'children' you mocked in veiled fashion aren't being used- they're fully engaged on their own terms.

Edit: thought better of my post.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I hope these kids don’t loose hope and stay on message specially with the opposition trying to shut them down ..
    Agreed. They have the power and support, just need to channel it in the right direction.
    Ted Nugent slams 'mushy brained' Parkland survivors: 'They have no soul' - USA TODAY https://apple.news/AxBnloQgjTOe55XXCWQVceg
    its creeps like this idiot that really need to get ridiculed ...

:lol: This is AWESOME!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Who is the best spoken, most balanced, and credible talking head for gun rights in the mainstream public forum?

I ask because I seriously don't know. The ones I see are full on idiots. I must not be seeing the ones that give the cause any credibility.

I also ask because if there really isn't one... then what does that truly tell us about that side of 'the debate'?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Who is the best spoken, most balanced, and credible talking head for gun rights in the mainstream public forum?

I ask because I seriously don't know. The ones I see are full on idiots. I must not be seeing the ones that give the cause any credibility.

I also ask because if there really isn't one... then what does that truly tell us about that side of 'the debate'?
    There are good arguments for gun rights,  and therefore there may be good spokespeople.  However there are no good arguments for being against background, bump stock , AR bans, etc. No one has made a compelling one,  its only fantasy land government takeover crap . Therefore you can't find a good spokesperson when there isn't a good argument. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dignin said:

EODM's Jesse Hughes Apologizes After March For Our Lives Tirade

"I was not attempting to impugn the youth of America and this beautiful thing that they accomplished. I truly am sorry," singer says

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/eodms-jesse-hughes-apologizes-for-march-for-our-lives-slam-w518592

What a tool, I don't buy this "apology" for one second.

Fuck him
    How I feel as well.

Fuck anyone who takes the time to tear others down (and for something like this?!) and their pathetic attempt to back-pedal.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    PJPOWER said:
    Crisis actors.
    Brainwashed virtue signaling crisis actors
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    It’s laughable that the grownups are the ones looking like complete garbage as if these kids were somehow talked into starting such a movement , I’m 57 and so thankful I never had to face what these kids went through that day the most vicious thing I saw in high school was a fist fight ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    PJPOWER said:
    Crisis actors.
    Constitutional crisis?  Stop mocking the children!
    edited April 2018
    Who is the best spoken, most balanced, and credible talking head for gun rights in the mainstream public forum?

Who is the best spoken, most balanced, and credible talking head of the gun control crowd?  The ones I see are full on idiots  (Gifford, Bloomberg, Feinstein, any Hollywood celebs).  
    Anyways, Happy Easter!  Have fun in the AMT ecco chamber...
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • PJPOWER said:

Who is the best spoken, most balanced, and credible talking head of the gun control crowd?  The ones I see are full on idiots  (Gifford, Bloomberg, Feinstein, any Hollywood celebs).  

Happy Easter as well!

You and Ted enjoy your day shootin' shit and chanting 'from our cold dead hands'...

(By the way... it's 'echo', but not too shabby an effort!)
    edited April 2018
    PJPOWER said:

Happy Easter as well!

You and Ted enjoy your day shootin' shit and chanting 'from our cold dead hands'...

Will do, we will try and hunt something that we can chew on with our combined 2 teeth.  Have fun listening to Avril and saying “aboot”.  Thinking that from here on out I will purposely misspell a word in every post just to annoy the OCD grammar nazis ;)
  • PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Happy Easter as well!

Will do, we will try and hunt something that we can chew on with our combined 2 teeth.  Have fun listening to Avril and saying “aboot”.  Thinking that from here on out I will purposely misspell a word in every post just to annoy the OCD grammar nazis ;)
    Haha

Hey look... I pointed it out not so much that it bothered me... but more so to illustrate what I was getting at earlier: when people are having challenges spelling words like 'cat'... it's hard to take their arguments very seriously.

edited April 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Happy Easter as well!

Haha

Hey look... I pointed it out not so much that it bothered me... but more so to illustrate what I was getting at earlier: when people are having challenges spelling words like 'cat'... it's hard to take their arguments very seriously.

So since many of these children probably misspell words from time to time, we should not take them seriously?  I see typos all of the time in CNN articles, so we shouldn’t take CNN seriously, right?  If accidental typos here and there are your measure for intelligence, then the level of pettiness has gotten extreme.  Stop being petty.  I have a hard time taking petty people that constantly point out grammar errors seriously...
    https://www.sciencealert.com/people-who-pick-up-grammar-mistakes-jerks-scientists-find
  • I'm sorry. 

I'm being serious. I am sorry. I never read your link, but I can admit to being a bit of an ass in this case.

I hate the pro gun argument, but I don't hate you. You're actually decent.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Happy Easter as well!

OC grammar Nazis.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Happy Easter as well!

OC grammar Nazis.
    “Your” welcome.  “Its” a beautiful day, go out and hunt some Easter eggs.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    you know flat earther's call the word an echo chamber, sometimes the echoes are right.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    ehbacon said:
    you know flat earther's call the word an echo chamber, sometimes the echoes are right.
    Key word, “sometimes”.  
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    PJPOWER said:
    ehbacon said:
    Key word, “sometimes”.  
    I see that you didn’t name anyone credible on the pro-gun side. 
    PJPOWER said:
    ehbacon said:
    Key word, “sometimes”.  
    Kasich is close, but forgot assault rifle ban.  He is a credible human though.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2018/03/gov_john_kasich_unveils_gun_co.html

PJPOWER said:
    ehbacon said:
    Key word, “sometimes”.  
    Easier to attack the gun control crowd and say this is an echo chamber than answer a question you yourself don't personally care about. Just like the mention of the pro-gun rally was only done to mock the anti-gun rallies and support for them as if the same hostility would be shown if they express the opposing viewpoint. Just dumb. Stand for something because you believe in it not because you hope it makes the other side upset.
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    ehbacon said:
    Key word, “sometimes”.  

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2018/03/gov_john_kasich_unveils_gun_co.html

I do like Kasich.  I question the “armor piercing” ban a bit, not knowing the full extent of it.  Almost all rifle rounds can potentially pierce body armor and many hunting rounds can easily since they are made to break through the bones of game such as wild boars.  Honestly, though, I do not keep up with the “who’s who” of celeb talking heads and do not spend my free time watching mainstream media.  I know plenty of military and police personnel that are pro gun...I don’t know a single “balanced/credible” gun control activist, but the term itself is pretty subjective on ideology.  
    There are many pro gun democrats, do they lose Democrat credibility if they are pro gun?  

edited April 2018
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    ehbacon said:
    Key word, “sometimes”.  
    Easier to attack the gun control crowd and say this is an echo chamber than answer a question you yourself don't personally care about. Just like the mention of the pro-gun rally was only done to mock the anti-gun rallies and support for them as if the same hostility would be shown if they express the opposing viewpoint. Just dumb. Stand for something because you believe in it not because you hope it makes the other side upset.
    I most definitely support the right of the people to keep and bear arms.  I really don’t care whether that upsets you or not.  I actually believe more in the right than the actual keeping and bearing of arms.  And if I’m not mistaken, there has been mention here several times of “sticking it to the pro gun crowd”, so get off your high horse of “they just want to upset us, waaaaaaaaa”.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    ehbacon said:
    Key word, “sometimes”.  

I do like Kasich.  I question the “armor piercing” ban a bit, not knowing the full extent of it.  Almost all rifle rounds can potentially pierce body armor and many hunting rounds can easily since they are made to break through the bones of game such as wild boars.  Honestly, though, I do not keep up with the “who’s who” of celeb talking heads and do not spend my free time watching mainstream media.  I know plenty of military and police personnel that are pro gun...I don’t know a single “balanced/credible” gun control activist, but the term itself is pretty subjective on ideology.  
    There are many pro gun democrats, do they lose Democrat credibility if they are pro gun?  

There are no serious democrats pushing for a repeal of the 2nd Amendment.  In fact, there is almost 100% overlap with most Democratic proposals and Kasich's, the AR ban is the big divergence (and it's big).  Therefore if Kasich is a strong, reasonable conservative (and I think he is) then there's a lot of commonality between his proposal and mainstream Democratic proposals.  
    Remember, the Senate couldn't even get the Manchin-Toomey compromise through the Senate in '13.  It's not Democrats holding up even moderate proposals.  
    edited April 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    ehbacon said:
    Key word, “sometimes”.  
    I most definitely support the right of the people to keep and bear arms.  I really don’t care whether that upsets you or not.  I actually believe more in the right than the actual keeping and bearing of arms.  And if I’m not mistaken, there has been mention here several times of “sticking it to the pro gun crowd”, so get off your high horse of “they just want to upset us, waaaaaaaaa”.
    You seemed to be more in the mud in your eye mindset than sincere in your posts. Oh, and I can't right now. Busy fighting crime. "Hi-Yo Silver! Away!"

• ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    ehbacon said:
    Key word, “sometimes”.  

Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]