Options

10Club reserved tix always better than Verified Presale? & Also NOTE...

JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
edited February 2018 in The Porch
Hello everyone, as a short fan I am very interested in whether anyone knows if my assumption that my 10Club reserved tix for the shows I won the lottery to will always be better than any verified Ticketmaster presale ticket I can get?  Or is it possible the Verified Presale Ticketmaster ticket could be for a better seat?

Edited to add (thanks Weston): Please assume a HIGH/NEWER fanclub membership number, so much less seniority.

ALSO, FYI, on Verified Presale: PAY ATTENTION TO TIME ZONE!  I've seen some people post screenshots of their Ticketmaster notification and it's ET, and others that are PT, so make sure you don't miss your time!!!
Post edited by JH6056 on

Comments

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    My number is high, 497xxx, and I've gotten better seats via Ticketmaster or day of show venue drops than my reserved 10c seats, almost always.  If you have a lower number, the seats are almost guaranteed to be better than Ticketmaster tickets.  All depends on member number.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Good point, I meant to add "Assume a bad/new/high membership number" in answering this.

So with a higher number/less seniority, I should probably give the presale a go anyway and see what's there?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    There may be some nice ones sprinkled in as well
  • Options
    Was wondering the same thing, if I we're to find better tickets through the presale, then how do I go about selling my 10c tickets? 
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    and with TM you can sell your tickets if you can't make it and you get to choose your seat!!!
  • Options
    SKID243 said:
    Was wondering the same thing, if I we're to find better tickets through the presale, then how do I go about selling my 10c tickets? 

You don't.
  • Options
    SKID243 said:

You don't.
    So I would have to eat the tickets rather then selling them on here to someone whos missed out?
  • Options
    SKID243 said:
    SKID243 said:

You don't.
    So I would have to eat the tickets rather then selling them on here to someone whos missed out?
    You can transfer one of the tickets.  It was all very clear in the emails before the lotto went live.
  • Options
    SKID243 said:
    SKID243 said:

You don't.
    You can transfer one of the tickets.  It was all very clear in the emails before the lotto went live.
    Got it. Just figured there may be a way around it. Thanks. 
  • Options
    jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 321
    You could also meet up with the person or people who buy your 10C and walk in together I guess. That really seems like the only way. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • Options
    I'm in a similar boat - member #476, got reserved seats for Seattle night 2, and just got notification that I can get verified presale tickets. Perhaps if I land some good seats, I can just walk in with someone who buys my 10 club tickets? I guess I'll see if I can get some good seats tomorrow and decide then...
  • Options
    jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 321
    hipfan1 said:
    I'm in a similar boat - member #476, got reserved seats for Seattle night 2, and just got notification that I can get verified presale tickets. Perhaps if I land some good seats, I can just walk in with someone who buys my 10 club tickets? I guess I'll see if I can get some good seats tomorrow and decide then...
    Yep, your number is way better than mine so that is my plan. I’m essentially going to look tomorrow and decide if the seats are worth double since there is a chance of eating the 10C tix. Some have mentioned the potential of them asking for ID, but I doubt that. It would be a disaster getting in to the stadium, but who knows. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • Options
    I have a high new number, got reserved for both Seattle shows in the 10c lottery so assume my seats will be so so. There were plenty of good seats available to Mariners season ticket holders, would guess the same for the verified sale tomorrow. I got a TM verified code so will take a look, if something amazing pops might bite. The trick will be if you get to pick your seats or if you get the dreaded "lots of fans are looking" and they force you to select best available rather than searching the seat map. Mostly just happy to be in the building for my hometown shows. My ace in the hole is that I got GA for Missoula through 10club, that's going to be an amazing show.
  • Options
    My number is high, 497xxx, and I've gotten better seats via Ticketmaster or day of show venue drops than my reserved 10c seats, almost always.  If you have a lower number, the seats are almost guaranteed to be better than Ticketmaster tickets.  All depends on member number.
    Well shoot. Now you tell me. Lol
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    I can only locate old seating charts for wrigley. I have never been to a concert there. Can somone help me please with what seats for reserved would be as well as upper and lower bowl for tm?
    Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    GA is larger than that (looks like a 2013 chart), and even in 2016 my 265k number put me in the 100 level. If you have a higher number expect the back of the 100 level or the first rows of the 400 level...?

My bet is any available public sale tickets will start at the back of the field seats, range in the 200 level (as my friend with a Cubs season ticket account got), and the 500 level. Don't be fooled by the 400 level, it's a decent view for a show that far back vs the back of the 200 level.
  • Options
    Thank you. That helps a ton. I'm just a bit worried now as yes my number is pretty high. Don't get me wrong glad to be in the building period but first time so trying to get a feel for things. My kids r also wanting to try to get tix thru vf fan trying to decide which would be best to try to get for them based in their possible options before I cough out more cash lol
  • Options
    mrz200mrz200 Posts: 76
    edited February 2018
    there was a decent amount of ticket drops the week and day of the fenway shows in 2016.  if you were parked at your computer for the day, and were ok with going without a ticket until day of the show, you could have gotten on turf A.  we had OK seats from 10C and spent a little time online that day and saw them popping up.  However, I never pulled the trigger because a) we couldn't afford to eat the ones we already had and b) didn't want to deal with trying to sell them in what quickly became a buyer's market in the last few hours before the shows.

If you've got the intestinal fortitude to go the next 7 months ticketless, I'm fairly sure an experienced ticket buyer would get themselves a damn good face value turf seat by the afternoon of the show.  but my god those would be a long 7 months...
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    I looked on Ticketmaster this morning out of curiosity to see what they had, the best I saw for Seattle Night 1 was sections 127, 131, and 133. Everything else was 300 sections, no GA. Night 2 had worse picks, all 300s. As of 11am both shows were sold out for presale. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    My presale code was only in effect later (2:00pm ET) but I've seen some 100's section seats though they're mostly obstructed view.

But it's not totally sold out yet, seats still keep popping up here and there, it'll tell you only singles are left, then no tickets left, then 4 tickets show up in a section.  But none of them are on the field from what I've seen.
  • Options
    I added up the field seats for Safeco.  It seems like 10C will be the entire GA Pit and hopefully all of the field seats.  If that's the case there are 4,146 seats on the field.  The GA Pit (leaving enough free space for fire code and all that) appears to hold the same number of folks as the seats.  That gives you potentially 8,292 10C people on the field.  I wonder what member number range is the 8300th person(ish) that would put you in the stadium seats?
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    mrz200 said:
    there was a decent amount of ticket drops the week and day of the fenway shows in 2016.  if you were parked at your computer for the day, and were ok with going without a ticket until day of the show, you could have gotten on turf A.  we had OK seats from 10C and spent a little time online that day and saw them popping up.  However, I never pulled the trigger because a) we couldn't afford to eat the ones we already had and b) didn't want to deal with trying to sell them in what quickly became a buyer's market in the last few hours before the shows.

If you've got the intestinal fortitude to go the next 7 months ticketless, I'm fairly sure an experienced ticket buyer would get themselves a damn good face value turf seat by the afternoon of the show.  but my god those would be a long 7 months...
    We wound up 15th row center for Fenway night 1 in ‘16 thanks to a day of ticket drop. Way better than my 10C tix for night 2(which weren’t bad btw). 406xxx got me middle of B7 on the floor
  • Options
    I added up the field seats for Safeco.  It seems like 10C will be the entire GA Pit and hopefully all of the field seats.  If that's the case there are 4,146 seats on the field.  The GA Pit (leaving enough free space for fire code and all that) appears to hold the same number of folks as the seats.  That gives you potentially 8,292 10C people on the field.  I wonder what member number range is the 8300th person(ish) that would put you in the stadium seats?
    Not necessarily. I know people who got field seats through the Mariners presale. 
  • Options
    I registered for presale to back up in case I missed on 10 club. Section 142. Awesome seats. My 10 club tickets wont be near that good at low 5XX,XXX
  • Options
    Not necessarily. I know people who got field seats through the Mariners presale. 

OK - good to know.  Thanks.  I'm trying to work out where I'll be like everyone else.  

|9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran