Options

Discussion done, please close

jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 836
edited February 2018 in The Porch
Just checking out StubHub and there is somebody selling 1 GA ticket for Wrigley 1 for $2999. In the description it says “Mobile ticket, scan your ticket from your phone” Only 10c members will be doing this right? I could be wrong. Just letting everyone know. Not that anyone is going to buy it for $2999 anyway. 
...........and Evelyn 

Post edited by jpdannabelle on

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    edited February 2018
    Yes only 10 club members can do this and this is why the new system is broken imo. I said this would happen before the draw even happened and unless 10 club comes in and stops the online sales nothing can be done about it. The scalper will just eat the second ticket from anywhere in the world they won it from and make a shit load of money off of the extra. I could be wrong still though and 10 club is going to have a way to block this. We will see. 
  • Options
    twmillstwmills Milwaukee Posts: 54
    Never thought I could put price on my GA Wrigley ticket, but for 3 grand....damn!!!!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,056
    PJNB said:
    Yes only 10 club members can do this and this is why the new system is broken imo. I said this would happen before the draw even happened and unless 10 club comes in and stops the online sales nothing can be done about it. The scalper will just eat the second ticket from anywhere in the world they won it from and make a shit load of money off of the extra. I could be wrong still though and 10 club is going to have a way to block this. We will see. 
    It's not complicated as long as they enforce it:

- Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in cancellation of ticket purchase and possible loss of membership.

Tickets haven't been distributed yet, so they root out the seller and cancel the order.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    edited February 2018
    Is this any worse than with paper, though? I assume members did that then and said "meet seller day of show" to pick up paper ticket.

It sucks.  I'd love to live in a world in which we'd respect what the 10C is trying to do and use the tickets for fans that just want to go to the show, ideally friends, spouses, or, failing that, other 10C members needing a ticket.

I think there are two potential advantages now: first, scalpers are probably limited by the fact that they only can sell one ticket and second, maybe it'll be easier to catch them?

I'd bet there are 10C members who do this just so they can flip tickets.  At least this cuts their ability to do so in half.
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    It's not complicated as long as they enforce it:

- Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in cancellation of ticket purchase and possible loss of membership.

Tickets haven't been distributed yet, so they root out the seller and cancel the order.
    I agree with PJNB. I don’t really see how they can enforce it. Once people have the tickets, they unfortunately are going to be able to do shady stuff like this and make a profit off their extra’s. It’s even easier now because tickets can be transferred. It’s unfortunate; but it’s going to happen. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited February 2018

This sale will be voided out as soon as its completed.

Stubhub is based in many ways on the anonymity of both the seller and the buyer.  If someone buys this listing their "delivery method" is going to have to be the seller some how getting the cell # or contact info of the buyer, which is not gonna happen.

I am an amateur ticket scalper for all things not Pearl Jam on the side, and I am honestly not sure what else these guys can do to ensure that their fans get the tickets, at face value, and that no one that gets them can flip them for a profit.

Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    OnWis97 said:
    Is this any worse than with paper, though? I assume members did that then and said "meet seller day of show" to pick up paper ticket.

It sucks.  I'd love to live in a world in which we'd respect what the 10C is trying to do and use the tickets for fans that just want to go to the show, ideally friends, spouses, or, failing that, other 10C members needing a ticket.

I think there are two potential advantages now: first, scalpers are probably limited by the fact that they only can sell one ticket and second, maybe it'll be easier to catch them?

I'd bet there are 10C members who do this just so they can flip tickets.  At least this cuts their ability to do so in half.
    But then now it is electronic, can just send them the code or whatever is needed to get the ticket. Don't even have to show up, makes it even easier before and the potential to do it with every show and not just ones they will physically be at.
    I don't know how they'd root out the seller.
  • Options
    jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 836
    I’ve witnessed in the past with my own eyes a 10c member pick up their tickets and hand them right off to a scapler for cash. It happens. What can you do. It’s a shame. I got shut out of the lottery and then you have to see crap like this happening. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    Saltzy23 said:

This sale will be voided out as soon as its completed.

Stubhub is based in many ways on the anonymity of both the seller and the buyer.  If someone buys this listing their "delivery method" is going to have to be the seller some how getting the cell # or contact info of the buyer, which is not gonna happen.

I am an amateur ticket scalper for all things not Pearl Jam on the side, and I am honestly not sure what else these guys can do to ensure that their fans get the tickets, at face value, and that no one that gets them can flip them for a profit.

You do not need to disclose your cell number though just own a cell phone with the app. Log in and you have your tickets. 10 club already stated this and I assume the same will be for the person getting the transfer. The most info you would have to give is your ticketmaster accounts email or even less. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    OnWis97 said:

But then now it is electronic, can just send them the code or whatever is needed to get the ticket. Don't even have to show up, makes it even easier before and the potential to do it with every show and not just ones they will physically be at.
    Agreed. Can just transfer the tickets from the luxury of your own home without having to show up at the stadium anymore. Yeah they can only sell one, but it’s still going to happen. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited February 2018

Again....buyers on Stubhub receive their tickets one of 3 ways.  UPS or last minute pick up for hard tickets and a .pdf of the file for e-tickets.

This seller is essentially saying, 'Once you buy the tickets I will use my one time transfer and send my extra to you.'

Here's the primary question:

How?

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,365
    I have walked off the 10Club line, and been offered over 2k per ticket, cash, more than 1 time. I don't see how you can stop something like this except the fear of losing your 10club membership, which sure as heck does it for me.
  • Options
    mdaryamdarya The middle Posts: 68
    Paper or electronic or cloud based or whatever , some 10Clubbers have flipped and will continue to flip tickets.  Assume it is a low number of members.  I assume this method makes it harder.
    06 Cincinnati
    10 Columbus, Noblesville
    11 Toronto-1
    13 Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    14 Cincinnati
    16 Lexington, Wrigley 1
    17 EV-Louisville
    18 Rome, Missoula, Wrigley 1, Boston 1
    22 Nasville, STL
    23 Ft Worth 1/2
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Again....buyers on Stubhub receive their tickets one of 3 ways.  UPS or last minute pick up for hard tickets and a .pdf of the file for e-tickets.

This seller is essentially saying, 'Once you buy the tickets I will use my one time transfer and send my extra to you.'

How?

I’m not real familiar with stub hub, so hopefully you are right and that won’t make it possible. I guess I was more thinking other routes like Craigslist or something like that. Hopefully stub hub has a way to block it. Maybe 10club has a way to block as well which would be nice. Maybe your phone melts in your hand it you try and sell for a profit:)
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Well that's true.  It will probably leave us with more unused tickets, which is a shame.  Some flipper in Chicago sees the new system and puts in for GA at all seven shows instead of just two, pays $250 per pair and sells his extra single to Seattle (where he'd never have purchased under the old system) for, I don't know, $700.  

It'll be interesting to see whether this leads to significantly more no-shows.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2018
    Burn that fucker on the stake

I don't care what you flip... posters, shirts, socks, stickers, dog collars.... don't give a shit

But dont EVER flip 10c tix... scumbags
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,185

sounds like a job for undercover Santos!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Saltzy23 said:

How?

Wrong.  Stubhub sells mobile tickets too.  I don't see how the 10C can prevent the +1 transfer going to someone who bought on stubhub but maybe they have something in mind.
    Gorge
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    lolobugg said:

sounds like a job for undercover Santos!!!

He'd have to shave the beard.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

How?

Exactly. I don't see how this is less traceable than before. Accept payment then meet the buyer in person with a hard ticket. Whatever they were doing to nip this in the bud before has to apply now.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

How?

Exactly. I don't see how this is less traceable than before. Accept payment then meet the buyer in person with a hard ticket. Whatever they were doing to nip this in the bud before has to apply now.
    Exactly incorrect.  How do you figure the 10C just "roots out the seller"?  You think Stubhub is going to cooperate and bite the hand that feeds??  I see no way in which the 10C can figure out who is trying to re-sell their tickets oh stubhub, craigslist or anywhere else.
    Gorge
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

How?

Exactly incorrect.  How do you figure the 10C just "roots out the seller"?  You think Stubhub is going to cooperate and bite the hand that feeds??  I see no way in which the 10C can figure out who is trying to re-sell their tickets oh stubhub, craigslist or anywhere else.
    They can buy the tickets.  Though that would be a very expensive per-person weeding out.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

How?

Then how has that not been more rampant for over a decade? Ten Club sections are almost complete white spaces when you look on secondary sites. If there is no recourse, this would be much more prevalent.

One anecdote: a relative's boyfriend got busted for doing this by the Warehouse. Listing removed, order canceled, membership revoked. He has no idea how they narrowed it down to him, but it happened.
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

How?

They can buy the tickets.  Though that would be a very expensive per-person weeding out.
    Brilliant!  Outside of this....not a lot of options
    Gorge
  • Options
    jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 321
    Going to be interesting as the shows get closer. With a high 10C number, I am def going to be on the lookout for better seats to Seattle 2. If I find something, I am hoping to meet up with or find someone at the concert to walk in with me to use my phone for the 10C tix at face or less so I don’t have to eat the whole cost. That’s prob against policy too, but it is what it is. I won’t sell them for more than face regardless. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Hasn't 10c had these listings shut down in the past?
    NYPJ
  • Options
    so ticketmaster ticket are printed? mobile is only 10c?
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    StubHub's format won't facilitate the sale of mobile tickets. I'm sure StubHub will be informed by the band's management to prevent resale of them. Wrigley GA tickets were pulled down in 2016 after some complaints came up.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

How?

You would be mistaken.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited February 2018
    wall232 said:
    Hasn't 10c had these listings shut down in the past?
    Yes they have. They have their ways. This person selling on StubHub may very well be found out and the tickets will be cancelled. I just wish we could know when/if it happens, because it is satisfying to see people busted, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.