Options

Free GA ticket to Wrigley 2 if.....

2»

Comments

• Options
    chicago is a nice city to see!  
  • Options
    Sorry too late, me and my friends already have 1 through 50 written on our hands.  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Should I start a "I will give you $500 to get in line in Seattle 2 days prior and hold me your ticket buddy spot" thread?
    No -- I think that is jacked up.  If you want to be in GA and fight for a spot -- much respect.  Get there, get in line, and get in. 
    Respect the other people in line.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    The band are not your friends if you are in the front row.   Live life and experience the sites and food of the city you are visiting and then arrive 30 minutes before show time and have a great view in GA. 
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    This exemplifies why it sucks to be a Pearl Jam fan sometimes.  
  • Options
    The band are not your friends if you are in the front row.   Live life and experience the sites and food of the city you are visiting and then arrive 30 minutes before show time and have a great view in GA. 
    Eddie shares his wine with people, that's very friendly, thank you very much, lol!

I'm going to the taco spot in Seattle by the Stalin statue!  See you there!!!
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    My family wasn't down for me doing this, so instead I'll probably go kayaking down the Chicago river! So pumped 
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    Booooo 

Do the time. If you can’t, wasn’t meant to be 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    what the hell...people are really going to get upset if someone holds a spot for one person?  I've never seen it.  I've waited for GA before and people arrived later, in situations such as you describe, and everyone around that person was super nice.  What a world we live in that people are going to get upset because a friend saves a spot.  What a world.
  • Options
    what the hell...people are really going to get upset if someone holds a spot for one person?  I've never seen it.  I've waited for GA before and people arrived later, in situations such as you describe, and everyone around that person was super nice.  What a world we live in that people are going to get upset because a friend saves a spot.  What a world.
    Where do you draw the line though? One friend? A couple buddies? 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    Why should people that did not do the time get a free pass ahead of those that waited hours or days in line? I realize there are different groups in this forum. We have people that die for the rail and need it and others that are more laid back and show up whenever and do not care so much if they are 10 or 15 rows back. The diehards that need rail put the time in to do so and it is of my opinion that someone walking in much later has no right to be at the front. This is 10 clubs policy as well. No holds or late walk ins. 
  • Options
    Oh sure...there are limits.  Most I've ever seen is two people take advantage of someone saving a spot.  Just as I'd hope people in line would be cool, I'd also hope someone who is saving a spot would also be cool and understand there are limits.  I was speaking to the "save for one" the post was about and was taken aback that people would be genuinely upset by this. 
  • Options
    JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    Let me clarify..,  the person I’d be holding a spot for is the person I am taking with my other ticket. Not a random “ticket buddy”. That’s still not cool???  And it’s not like I’ll be in the front...  im showing up between 9-12 o’clock day of show.. he can’t get there until 3. I find it hard to believe anyone would be pissed that I held a spot for the person I’m taking to the show especially 300+ deep in line. I’m not trying to grab rail... I just want to be 10 rows deep and I’ll be happy. 
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
  • Options
    Jvollman said:
    Let me clarify..,  the person I’d be holding a spot for is the person I am taking with my other ticket. Not a random “ticket buddy”. That’s still not cool???  And it’s not like I’ll be in the front...  im showing up between 9-12 o’clock day of show.. he can’t get there until 3. I find it hard to believe anyone would be pissed that I held a spot for the person I’m taking to the show especially 300+ deep in line. I’m not trying to grab rail... I just want to be 10 rows deep and I’ll be happy. 
    You get exactly what I was saying when I started this.   I cant fly in early because of work, I will give the person a FREE ticket to wait a few hours in the AM.  Not looking for the "RAIL" - just to be close.  Simple. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I would rather enjoy myself in places other than lines prior to the show but if I put in the time I would not be pleased about people going past me unless they were on bio or merch breaks and had been in line throughout the process to get where they are.
    That is how I would feel -- I dont see that it is any great social commentary on the place we are in space and time.  Seems simple to me -- you don't get to jump ahead in line because you were not there when the line started but you have someone saving you a spot.  Seems like simple respect...but I don't choose to wait in line and am sure people will police things how they feel is needed.

• Options
    Jvollman said:
    You get exactly what I was saying when I started this.   I cant fly in early because of work, I will give the person a FREE ticket to wait a few hours in the AM.  Not looking for the "RAIL" - just to be close.  Simple. 
    I booked an early flight and payed more for it so I could get in line earlier for Wrigley. You think it is ok for you to come later and just walk in front of me? But I am just 1 person does not work here if everyone is just one person. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Jvollman said:
    I booked an early flight and payed more for it so I could get in line earlier for Wrigley. You think it is ok for you to come later and just walk in front of me? But I am just 1 person does not work here if everyone is just one person. 
    You mean you considered everyone else when you made your plans and not just yourself?  Wow. 

Seriously, this is good common sense here.  Not sure why others think it is just fine.
  • Options
    amlindaueramlindauer Posts: 24
    edited February 2018
    FWIW, for Wrigley ‘16 Night2 when gates opened I walked In the gate at Addison and Sheffield a few minutes after  gates opened with no line and followed all the posted signs pointing straight to GA and was like 5th row in front of Stone.  

It seems weird they were lining people up out back on Waveland/Sheffield when you could have gone in any entrance.  I suppose the first few people in line had a shorter walk to the front but seems like a lot of people could have otherwise waited anywhere.  Like a restaurant like me. 
    Post edited by amlindauer on
  • Options
    Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
    FWIW, for Wrigley ‘16 Night2 when gates opened I walked In the gate at Addison and Sheffield a few minutes after  gates opened with no line and followed all the posted signs pointing straight to GA and was like 5th row in front of Stone.  

It seems weird they were lining people up out back on Waveland/Sheffield when you could have gone in any entrance.  I suppose the first few people in line had a shorter walk to the front but seems like a lot of people could have otherwise waited anywhere.  Like a restaurant like me. 
    Nice!  Glad to know
  • Options
    I'm planning an early start in one if the euro GA lines. I' be mighty peeved if I've stood in line all day and people join in front of me. The wrath of the ginger would surface I think. 
  • Options
    Jvollman said:
    Go in at opening time and you'll be ok!
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    just have your ticket buddy hold spot for you on the floor after gates open and he/she gets on the floor.  People are cool.  Unless you are 7 ft tall and are an asshat drunk.  It’s really not cool to save spot in GA line for prolonged periods.  Wouldn’t you be pissed if someone held spot for person that showed up 6-7 hours later.  But it’s not just that person, what if half the people in line in front of you held spots for their other ticket person.  Shit would get ridiculous.  Do your time in line, or just try to hook up with your ticket buddy on the floor.  There’s plenty of time before the show.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    I have been in GA for a PJ show exactly 2X.  First time 4/06/94 and had no damn clue what I was getting myself into ! I easily lost 3-4 pounds sweating! People were so pack into that place you could lift both feet off the ground and still be standing.  Security pulled me over the wall, some asshole stole one of my shoes and presumably threw on stage or some shit.  I was put at the back of GA and made it to the rail again ! 

Second time:  Worcestor, MA Night 2.  GA was very laid back I probably could have laid down and still seen the show.  Had no reason or want to push toward the stage. Could have made as it seems people would have stepped aside.  

So so based on that not sure why people wait days, but I guess to each their own.  Why is my PJ20 Backpack still sealed in the package 10c shipped it to me in ?? So I get it !

No matter what people, have fun, stay safe, and take care of each other !!  Look out for people who are now bringing their kids to enjoy these shows. Be respectful - i.e.: like don’t fire up a fatty and blow a HUGE cloud of smoke toward the 12 year old kid ! 

Looking forward to these shows. Thanks PJ !
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    "its ok to leave the GA line for merch" is kind of a cop out. 
    That line will be 3-4 hours and those people will probably only wait to then go sell all that stuff on ebay and finance their trip.  Since theyre going for merch at 8am anyway they check in the ga line and then get the best of both worlds as they would have had to wait. 

i dont see the big deal having your plus 1 join you. its a concert, a fun time.. its not like every single person in line shows up solo to have their plus 1 join.  most people want their friend to hang with them, therefore the "well if everyone has a plus one,  im suddenly 2x as far back" theory doesnt really hold true. 

all of this stuff really isnt that big of a deal.  once people realize it it will be more fun and create a better energy... 
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    "You get exactly what I was saying when I started this.   I cant fly in early because of work, I will give the person a FREE ticket to wait a few hours in the AM.  Not looking for the "RAIL" - just to be close.  Simple. "

Not simple and not Free.
    Trading the ticket actually for something of much more value than the cost of a ticket to some. "Time" 

The general admission line is not something that can be a transaction! Everyone wants to be close

People's time is worth everything. They could be seeing a city they have never seen before, or sleeping or taking a later flight.  Very few people would choose to spend their day waiting outside in a line with nothing to do when there are infinite things to explore. Fans do this for one reason alone, to get the best viewing spot at the concert they can.

Balancing our own selfish desires, and a sense of community without hurting anyone else along the way is a healthy way to approach this. This approach only breeds a contagious infection to others around you to do the same, or stirs bad feelings to those who have been putting in their time before you .

1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    RatsTJRatsRatsTJRats Boston Posts: 431
    nycrats said:
    That line will be 3-4 hours and those people will probably only wait to then go sell all that stuff on ebay and finance their trip.  Since theyre going for merch at 8am anyway they check in the ga line and then get the best of both worlds as they would have had to wait. 

i dont see the big deal having your plus 1 join you. its a concert, a fun time.. its not like every single person in line shows up solo to have their plus 1 join.  most people want their friend to hang with them, therefore the "well if everyone has a plus one,  im suddenly 2x as far back" theory doesnt really hold true. 

all of this stuff really isnt that big of a deal.  once people realize it it will be more fun and create a better energy... 
    Agreed.  You will be in a city surrounded by PJ fans.  Some of my best times at these big city shows is going to a bar in the area and meeting all the travelers and fans, hearing their stories, getting to know them, enjoying the sites and scenes and happenings in the area.  If you want to sit in a line for 10 hours that's up to you, but if you are going to complain about 1 or 2 people jumping in line with there buddy after you need to re-evaluate things...there are so many better things you could be doing that fighting over 1 person being in front of you in a line when you could be socializing and having a good time and still probably ending up with a great view!
    This could be the day
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    nycrats said:

Agreed.  You will be in a city surrounded by PJ fans.  Some of my best times at these big city shows is going to a bar in the area and meeting all the travelers and fans, hearing their stories, getting to know them, enjoying the sites and scenes and happenings in the area.  If you want to sit in a line for 10 hours that's up to you, but if you are going to complain about 1 or 2 people jumping in line with there buddy after you need to re-evaluate things...there are so many better things you could be doing that fighting over 1 person being in front of you in a line when you could be socializing and having a good time and still probably ending up with a great view!
    1 or 2 people? Why lowball it like that? If it was accepted practice everybody would do it. It is a simple concept. You wait in line all day you earned the better spot. That does not make you less sociable or less fun to be around or the need to re-evaluate things. It just is common sense that since I put the time in and waited all day and you did not I should be closer. 10 club agrees. The people that need to re evaluate things are the entitled ones that think things should be handed to them and not earned. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    edited February 2018
    I wouldn't care for 1 person, but at the same time it isn't as you described. This isn't a "friend" holding a place. It is someone he is paying to hold his place.
    Just because he is giving him a ticket doesn't change the fact he's paying him to hold it.
    Would you feel any different if I hired someone from Craigslist for $12/hr to stand in line a full day for me?
    That's basically what this is, so I understand why someone who in GA would be irritated over it.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Just picture that you are 20th in line waiting and you are pretty happy that you are getting a spot on the rail in a few hours.

Over the course of the next few hours you realize that the line has doubled and you are now 40th in line because all the "ticket buddys" have shown up considerably later than when you first arrived.

Not saying this happens but just to put it in perspective.
    Yes, that would be extremely annoying.  Here's what happened to me once which is probably even worse: one person on line lets about six other people join them because "they were holding a spot for the entire group".  
    I don't do GA for PJ, but where I have waited in GA lines and people tried to pull this at the last minute, we as the rest of the line simply said "No, not gonna happen" and gave the person who'd actually been there the choice of staying there and their friends getting on the end, or going to the end of the line with their friends.  We also got venue security involved the times this happened, and it worked out fine.

If you just stand there and let it happen, as unfair as it is, it will keep happening.  At least try to make a fair outcome and discourage jerks who try to pull this.
This discussion has been closed.