Bravo Ten Club

13»

Comments

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Thank you 10c.  I won 2/4 shows including 1 night GA in Seattle, and I have seen many others on here even more successful than I was.  Thank you for getting so many tickets into the hands of fans!
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Very well done, 10c, the small amount of complaints with this group (me included) shows what an outstanding rollout this was.  Congrats.

I agree with the above, if an algorhythm could be put in to include some sort of "if = then" with your selections.  Maybe just add another category/choice and call it "contingency"?  So you can only get selected for a 'contingency show' if you got shut out of your other choice(s).  

Also, I think what they are trying to accomplish with fairness and preventing people from over-buying just to trade into other shows and upgrading could be accomplished by putting GA and Reserved into 1 selection pool for the show, then have an 'under the hood' lottery for GA.  Pick up tickets the day of the show, find out if reserved or GA, then do the Bruce method of GA queuing.  That solves a few remaining issues with the ticket/entry system.

Lots of good ideas in there. I'm also a big proponent of the Bruce GA system. One thing is that they would need to have some sort of opt-in/opt-out for the GA "under-the-hood" lottery since I'm sure it's not a great option for some. Otherwise, I like the idea - in a way I felt like I had a slight advantage with the Boston shows, only having to use one "entry" for each.
    You were actually at a disadvantage with Boston having only 1 entry. GA as an option adds a twist to the mix and allows a lot of fans that want to get in the building a great chance by putting reserved first. By the looks of it a low number of people got Fenway 1 as a second pick. Every other show had draws that went into the 3rd round. Fenway 1 show was the hardest ticket to get because of this. 
    Hmmmmmmm...interesting. I wonder if it just comes down to overall demand. Fenway would have been much trickier if the odds were at 2016 levels.
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    It looks like just about everyone got tickets to at least one show that they put in for (some GA or bust people probably did not). It was a fantastic job by 10c and the band to get access to more tickets for members. Thanks 10c!!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    Quite possibly the smoothest lotto ever. Well done!
  • GAMCOK67GAMCOK67 Seattle, WA Posts: 14
    ZeldaZonk said:
    GAMCOK67 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    GAMCOK67 said:
    Count me in the "kudos" column.  I lucked out...I saw the story of the leaked screenshot (http://www.nme.com/news/music/pearl-jams-stadium-tour-dates-2222992) and immediately rejoined the 10c after a 15 year absence (God I'd love to have that number back). That was 1/19.    I got RS for both Seattle shows and couldn't be more (a) happy and (b) surprised as I have to have one of the highest numbers in the lottery.  I realize I am going to have the "worst" of the 10c seats but they'll still be lower bowl or first rows upper deck.  All good.

I just moved to Seattle after living all my life in Atlanta.  Pretty cool "welcome to Seattle" show. :) 
    That's awesome and great timing! We haven't had a show here since 2013, so we are definitely due. I got reserved both nights as well, so I'm happy. And we're the lucky ones that don't have to worry about airfare and hotels! Welcome to Seattle, by the way!
    Thanks so much...I absolutely love it here!  I'm in Lower Queen Anne and wake up every morning under the shadow of the Space Needle and a view of the bay. :-)  Question: I've never seen a show at Safeco (or any baseball field for that matter)....how's the sound/sight lines?
    What a view to wake up to, right?  =) Amazing, indeed. This will actually be my first show at Safeco field because most of the shows I see are at a lot of the smaller venues (Paramount Theatre, Showbox, Moore Theatre, Neptune, Key Arena, etc.) I definitely prefer a smaller venue as opposed to a stadium show. But to answer your question, a friend of mine saw Paul McCartney at Safeco last year and said the sound was fantastic and that every seat offered a great view; I guess we'll find out for ourselves in August. I have tickets to see Foo Fighters there in September as well, so that will make three Safeco shows in a month's timeframe. Hopefully it's a good experience!
    Totally :)  Thanks again-- I read some reviews from McCartney and Billy Joel at Safeco and it seems like a cool venue.  I'm seeing PJ in Seattle-- not going to be a bad seat for me :) 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Very well done, 10c, the small amount of complaints with this group (me included) shows what an outstanding rollout this was.  Congrats.

I agree with the above, if an algorhythm could be put in to include some sort of "if = then" with your selections.  Maybe just add another category/choice and call it "contingency"?  So you can only get selected for a 'contingency show' if you got shut out of your other choice(s).  

Also, I think what they are trying to accomplish with fairness and preventing people from over-buying just to trade into other shows and upgrading could be accomplished by putting GA and Reserved into 1 selection pool for the show, then have an 'under the hood' lottery for GA.  Pick up tickets the day of the show, find out if reserved or GA, then do the Bruce method of GA queuing.  That solves a few remaining issues with the ticket/entry system.

Lots of good ideas in there. I'm also a big proponent of the Bruce GA system. One thing is that they would need to have some sort of opt-in/opt-out for the GA "under-the-hood" lottery since I'm sure it's not a great option for some. Otherwise, I like the idea - in a way I felt like I had a slight advantage with the Boston shows, only having to use one "entry" for each.
    You were actually at a disadvantage with Boston having only 1 entry. GA as an option adds a twist to the mix and allows a lot of fans that want to get in the building a great chance by putting reserved first. By the looks of it a low number of people got Fenway 1 as a second pick. Every other show had draws that went into the 3rd round. Fenway 1 show was the hardest ticket to get because of this. 
    Hmmmmmmm...interesting. I wonder if it just comes down to overall demand. Fenway would have been much trickier if the odds were at 2016 levels.

I think its more demand than anything else, weekend show in Boston is drawing lots of folks from New York, Philly and other areas. I don't think adding GA would have changed things in terms of overall shot at tickets, would have just made strategy a little more necessary.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Zod said:
    I'm also in the spouse has a membership issue, however I understand why they did it.   Selling spare tickets to other 10c'ers, it circumvents the lotto process.   If you got an extra pair, some poor 10c'er somewhere else didn't get the pair.    You could end up selling them to someone who already used their lotto pref's on another show and lost that show for a reason.

Still it was nice having a little flexibility, and I'll miss hard copy tickets.    I hope people realize you can't really enter and deal with GA and Reserved tickets for the same show.  Assuming you use two memberships to win both.  GA has a separate entrance, so you can't walk in with other person to get them to reserved.  You'd only be able to transfer 1 reserved ticket :(
    As I see it....if you and your significant other each put in a request for 2 tix to the same show and both got your request fulfilled, you can each transfer one ticket (for a total of two) to some other couple who weren't so lucky (or on top of it).  GA=no big deal as both will get in.  Reserved=a bit of a hassle...but figure it out once you get in...you guys get the better seats....

You are correct about one GA and one reserved...hassle for sure but not untenable...borrow their phone and hand it back to them....I don't know...you are at a concert---aren't we all a little sneaky at a concert?  we can figure it out....
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    MayDay10 said:

I was one of the low people that got Fenway 1 as my second choice. Fenway 2 was my first choice. I just played the odds and got lucky
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    edited February 2018
    Thanks 10c.  I love the lottery system.  So easy.  Enter picks within given time frame and your done.  No having to be sitting at a screen stressing out at a certain time (that you may not be available for) hitting refresh or sitting in a virtual waiting room.  If you lose you then still have verified sale and then still public sale.  Seniority still matters for seat location.  I cant see any system that works much smoother than this.  

Oh and the no hard copy ticket stub thing?  Oh well.  I always love having/saving ticket stubs but I will gladly trade it for cutting down on scalping and hoarding tickets to put more tickets in more fans hands.
    Post edited by Abe Froman on
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Thumbs up 10c, I thought the lottery was fair and well executed to get the most tickets into fan’s hands.  

In in the future I think I would allow folks to sell both tickets but only to 10c members- and do it within the app that you will send out in July.  You could link the lottery/app with PayPal and just enter the member # you want to send a ticket to and it would work out the $ (face value only) for them on it’s own between the members.

things happen in life and being able to help someone else out while not having to eat $250 would be a cool addition to the game.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Poncier said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    pjl44 said:
    MayDay10 said:

I think its more demand than anything else, weekend show in Boston is drawing lots of folks from New York, Philly and other areas. I don't think adding GA would have changed things in terms of overall shot at tickets, would have just made strategy a little more necessary.
    Ya I get that. I am not saying the numbers would change if GA was involved just saying if you are not a GA or die fan you could have gotten Fenway 1 a lot easier if they had it there. It would have made it to the 3rd round just like Seattle and Wrigley did for reserved. 
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    GAMCOK67 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    GAMCOK67 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    GAMCOK67 said:
    Count me in the "kudos" column.  I lucked out...I saw the story of the leaked screenshot (http://www.nme.com/news/music/pearl-jams-stadium-tour-dates-2222992) and immediately rejoined the 10c after a 15 year absence (God I'd love to have that number back). That was 1/19.    I got RS for both Seattle shows and couldn't be more (a) happy and (b) surprised as I have to have one of the highest numbers in the lottery.  I realize I am going to have the "worst" of the 10c seats but they'll still be lower bowl or first rows upper deck.  All good.

I just moved to Seattle after living all my life in Atlanta.  Pretty cool "welcome to Seattle" show. :) 
    That's awesome and great timing! We haven't had a show here since 2013, so we are definitely due. I got reserved both nights as well, so I'm happy. And we're the lucky ones that don't have to worry about airfare and hotels! Welcome to Seattle, by the way!
    Thanks so much...I absolutely love it here!  I'm in Lower Queen Anne and wake up every morning under the shadow of the Space Needle and a view of the bay. :-)  Question: I've never seen a show at Safeco (or any baseball field for that matter)....how's the sound/sight lines?
    What a view to wake up to, right?  =) Amazing, indeed. This will actually be my first show at Safeco field because most of the shows I see are at a lot of the smaller venues (Paramount Theatre, Showbox, Moore Theatre, Neptune, Key Arena, etc.) I definitely prefer a smaller venue as opposed to a stadium show. But to answer your question, a friend of mine saw Paul McCartney at Safeco last year and said the sound was fantastic and that every seat offered a great view; I guess we'll find out for ourselves in August. I have tickets to see Foo Fighters there in September as well, so that will make three Safeco shows in a month's timeframe. Hopefully it's a good experience!
    Totally :)  Thanks again-- I read some reviews from McCartney and Billy Joel at Safeco and it seems like a cool venue.  I'm seeing PJ in Seattle-- not going to be a bad seat for me :) 
    I hear you! Seeing PJ in Seattle is always a plus in my book, and I think these two shows are going to be extra special....no matter where the seats are!  =)
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016