Options

please close

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Cannot wait. Flying in Thursday, spending a few days up in Glacier first. This should be epic!
    FYI...Campground booking for Glacier on August 9th opens up today.
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    BS44325 said:
    Cannot wait. Flying in Thursday, spending a few days up in Glacier first. This should be epic!
    FYI...Campground booking for Glacier on August 9th opens up today.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    We'll be there...
    Spending a whole week in Seattle for the two shows there,
    then heading over to Missoula on Saturday.
    Finishing up our roadtrip with Wrigley 1 the next Saturday!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    They’ve never played Montana right?
    They've played Montana several times.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I'm excited for Missoula! Usually the smaller and more remote location, the better the show for me at least.  Think Moline for example.  Last Missoula show was fantastic and small.  Beer was 5 bucks! I expect this show to be just great! And in Spokane, the guy getting his dreads cut off! https://youtu.be/CDseH_wU0RQ  I enjoy all the shows I guess.  Easy to please.  LOL 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    For me it is the date. Its the first day of school, so can;t really miss that. Otherwise that;d be my pick
  • Options
    NormanNorman Posts: 109
    I live 10 minutes away from the stadium. It beats trying to get back to the hotel from Wrigley 2015. Stoked for this show.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited February 2018
    Don't forget, a lot of people wait until the last minute to enter the lottery because they want to play the odds as much as possible (which is ironic, lol, since doing that messes up the odds they're counting on). I think on Sunday night and Monday morning the odds on GA will probably drop if they don't before then.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    varty yovarty yo Posts: 105
    Glacier is a pretty amazing place. If given the chance drive "road to the sun" amazing!!!!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Yeah waiting until the last minute is idiotic.  You can change your picks as the odds change.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    GA being the field, but split in two, means that the 10c GA section could be the size of half a football field, if they need it, so they can probably sell a ton of GA tix... 
  • Options
    I would cut off my left foot to hear Lost Dogs front to back
  • Options
    malphurs72malphurs72 NC Piedmont Posts: 56
    my2hands said:
    GA being the field, but split in two, means that the 10c GA section could be the size of half a football field, if they need it, so they can probably sell a ton of GA tix... 
    hopefully they will shrink it if 10C requests are light, then make the back GA bigger for Ticketmaster sales. One can hope...
    98 Raleigh 03 Raleigh 06 Camden1 13 Baltimore 16 Greenville 16 Raleigh 16 Wrigley1 16 Wrigley2 18 Missoula 18 Wrigley1
  • Options
    Coning from NJ1
    Can't wait!
    E Rutherford, 2006
    MSG I & II 2008
    EV United Palace 2008
    Newark 2010, MSG 1 2010
    EV Beacon 2011
    Wrigley 2013, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, SD, LA 1 & 2
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    Ed Sullivan Theater/Central Park 2015
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Fenway 1
    RRHOF 2017
    2018 Seattle I & @, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St. Paul 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 836
    my2hands said:
    I doubt it but maybe Riot Act?
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    my2hands said:
    I doubt it but maybe Riot Act?
    Europe's getting that.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,503
    Interest in Missoula should heat up once meet and greet fundraiser info is announced. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    RBAlive2727RBAlive2727 Posts: 97
    edited February 2018
    Give you guys an update on Missoula. This was the only stop that is worth going to. It's going to be the  show of the tour. I have done my research flights are not that expensive if you fly into Spokane, WA. I got flights for like $258 + rental car. And saved myself $250 compared to flying in Missoula w/o car.  Only a 3 hour drive from Spokane and get to enjoy some of the most amazing  scenery of America. Got a 4 bedroom house through air bnb for $700 for 3 nights split between 3 others. I am also organizing white water rafting trip for 10c members through the Alberton gorge on Sunday for 4 hours. Fishing hiking and pearl jam in 70 degree weather during night in one of the most beautiful states in our country. Honestly after going to Chicago last time for only 3 days I will save so much more compared to how outrageous hotels and shit cost in those 3 other cities. We are going to grill out eat at our house enjoy the weather and beauty.  So happy that people are deciding to skip this. This venue is a football stadium...it has an arena feel to it and will be rocking. You will not be sitting a mile away. Wrigley seemed like yesterday and can'b elieve people are going back. See them somewhere else... Be adventurous. If this stop wasn't on this tour definitely would of sat this run out.  Don't be lame, book it and you won't regret it. 
    Post edited by RBAlive2727 on
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    8/20/16 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1
    8/13/18 Missoula**MT WA-Grizz Stadium 
    8/18/18 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1 
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Any other year and I would have been all over this. But we're buying a house later this year. No vacations for me...I'm just doing the local Wrigley shows.
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 751
    Give you guys an update on Missoula. This was the only stop that is worth going to. It's going to be the  show of the tour. I have done my research flights are not that expensive if you fly into Spokane, WA. I got flights for like $258 + rental car. And saved myself $250 compared to flying in Missoula w/o car.  Only a 3 hour drive from Spokane and get to enjoy some of the most amazing  scenery of America. Got a 4 bedroom house through air bnb for $700 for 3 nights split between 3 others. I am also organizing white water rafting trip for 10c members through the Alberton gorge on Sunday for 4 hours. Fishing hiking and pearl jam in 70 degree weather during night in one of the most beautiful states in our country. Honestly after going to Chicago last time for only 3 days I will save so much more compared to how outrageous hotels and shit cost in those 3 other cities. We are going to grill out eat at our house enjoy the weather and beauty.  So happy that people are deciding to skip this. This venue is a football stadium...it has an arena feel to it and will be rocking. You will not be sitting a mile away. Wrigley seemed like yesterday and can'b elieve people are going back. See them somewhere else... Be adventurous. If this stop wasn't on this tour definitely would of sat this run out.  Don't be lame, book it and you won't regret it. 
    I kind of laughed when I first saw Missoula, but it is the only stadium with any decent sight lines. I was looking at spending the weekend in Yellowstone or Grand Tetons.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Don’t ruin it! I have this as my second priority and I want to keep GA at 99%!!!
  • Options
    I agree with all of that... but it's much easier for me to just drive a few hours to Fenway

As far as people going back to Wrigley/Fenway, of course they are... venue doesn't matter, we all just want to see PJ live.... I will never get on a plane for 1 show when I can just get in my car for 2 shows... pretty sure most are the same
  • Options
    BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    The rules specifically say that (front 1/2 of field GA in Missoula is for 10C) - toying with GA there.  Anybody been to a GA show there where they split the field?  Want my midget wife to be able to move around a bunch and find a spot to see from.  If it is a tight pit, not interested.
    Will likely keep as Reserved.
    Reserved in Missoula are all in the 100 level.  (Also per the rules)
    I'm interested in how they'll handle the pit if the odds stay at 99%, essentially meaning they'll have GA spots left post-lottery. Will they make the 10C front pit smaller, or will they allow Ticketmaster or whomever to sell the rest of the 10C allotment? Or keep the front pit the same size, but have fewer people in it?
    If theres extra GA I think they'll give those tickets to ppl who had reserved as choice #1 and GA as #2. They fill the GA with 10c members and give the worst seats back to TM or the venue or whatever
  • Options
    Banjo said:
    The rules specifically say that (front 1/2 of field GA in Missoula is for 10C) - toying with GA there.  Anybody been to a GA show there where they split the field?  Want my midget wife to be able to move around a bunch and find a spot to see from.  If it is a tight pit, not interested.
    I'm interested in how they'll handle the pit if the odds stay at 99%, essentially meaning they'll have GA spots left post-lottery. Will they make the 10C front pit smaller, or will they allow Ticketmaster or whomever to sell the rest of the 10C allotment? Or keep the front pit the same size, but have fewer people in it?
    If theres extra GA I think they'll give those tickets to ppl who had reserved as choice #1 and GA as #2. They fill the GA with 10c members and give the worst seats back to TM or the venue or whatever
    This is correct, they always fill GA first, so people with Missoula GA as their 2nd-12th choice could possibly be selected
  • Options
    malphurs72malphurs72 NC Piedmont Posts: 56
    Banjo said:
    Great point, forgot about this
    98 Raleigh 03 Raleigh 06 Camden1 13 Baltimore 16 Greenville 16 Raleigh 16 Wrigley1 16 Wrigley2 18 Missoula 18 Wrigley1
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    No chance they give GA to people who had Reserved as #1 choice.  Look at the rules.  

Some people prefer reserved.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    No chance they give GA to people who had Reserved as #1 choice.  Look at the rules.  

They really have done this before...at a couple of shows.
    My good friend AnotherTourPlease lives in Phoenix and went to the 2013 show there.
    She put in reserved as her first choice with GA as her #2.
    She got her #2 choice because the GA section wasn't filled with the first selections,
    so some of the members that had GA as their second choice were "upgraded."
    This was back before we had the odds tool to see what the demand was for each type of ticket,
    and many people took the safer bet with reserved tickets so they didn't miss out on the show.
    I've heard that this happened at a couple of Canadian shows as well.
    Bottom line is if you absolutely don't want GA tickets,
    don't even list this as an option on your lottery entry.

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220

Happened to me for the added Worcester 2 show in 2013.

Put reserved first because I was worried about being shut out as I had been with Worcester 1, but since they restricted the draw to those of us denied Worcester 1, the demand wasn't that high (this was before odds feature so nobody knew), and I was drawn for GA (as were others who chose similarly). That was when we were able to surmise that they filled GA requests before filling reserved, so if GA stays at 99% for Missoula and you only want reserved, don't put GA in as a later choice.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    my2hands said:

Better request reserved, it will be tough to stand all show in GA on only your right foot.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    You sold me.
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014