New Music First - The Strokes or The Black Keys?

timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
edited February 2018 in Other Music
Which band seemingly on an unofficial hiatus will produce new music first?

New Music First - The Strokes or The Black Keys? 14 votes

The Strokes
21%
pledgeagrievancejoberschlakedondonbaseball1 3 votes
The Black Keys
78%
2-feign-reluctanceCopperTommy2handspjpitt89goldrusheeriepadavebuck502000whoanelly15deadendpdrakeheuer14Shyner 11 votes

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    The Black Keys
    Hometown requirement. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I'm fine with neither getting there first. 

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    The Black Keys
    I'll say Black Keys mainly cause Julian Casablancas just announced that his other band "The Voidz" will be putting out a new album this year.  Also Albert Hammond Jr. is putting out another solo album and touring this year as well.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    I'll say Black Keys mainly cause Julian Casablancas just announced that his other band "The Voidz" will be putting out a new album this year.  Also Albert Hammond Jr. is putting out another solo album and touring this year as well.
    Yeah, but at least the Strokes talk about new music. Seems like Dan is pretty into his Easy Eye Sound stuff and Patrick working with his live-in girlfriend Michelle Branch, not to mention the rumors that they don't really like each other anymore. I feel like The Black Keys are basically broken up. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    I liked The Strokes at first.  They played well on SNL and I thought they might go somewhere.  Now... not so sure.  

The Black Keys?  Never understood the draw there.  Not bad, just nothing very exciting to me. 

Both bands are OK, just not likely to leave much of a legacy.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    brianlux said:
    I liked The Strokes at first.  They played well on SNL and I thought they might go somewhere.  Now... not so sure.  

The Black Keys?  Never understood the draw there.  Not bad, just nothing very exciting to me. 

Both bands are OK, just not likely to leave much of a legacy.
    Is This It is one of the best debut albums of all time imo. Just seems like they never really had the desire or drive to be huge...and similarly to The Black Keys, constant rumors that they don't really get along.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I'm fine with neither getting there first. 

• ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    The Black Keys
    I love both. The strokes are my fav of the 2 but the keys will make music first imo
  • The Black Keys
    Necessity for me.