Options

Ticket Strategy

Comments

• Options
    jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 321
    OP...There will be plenty of 10C tickets allocated for the upper deck.  You basically have no chance of good seats through the 10C if you are not interested in the GA option.  Your best bet is to register for the verified thing, if you don't pull something you like, go buy on a scalper site that is not called Stubhub.  If you have never been to a PJ show and are flying out to Seattle, its  a big expense to sit a mile away from the band.  I'd over-pay and upgrade to the field if you are in a position to do so.
    Ok, I will have to think about it. Again, I will pay up, to a reasonable amount anyway. My issue is that stub hub has already said they weren't selling and there will basically be no 10c tickets on the market. At least doubles anyway. If 10c gets most of the best seats, what will be left for TM? The secondary market, if there is one, will be odd. I'm not sure which route I will take. I am thinking of keeping my name in the 10c drawing and also purchasing through TM if I can. Unless I get lucky, I will probably have to eat a ticket or two, but again, I don't want to fly to Seattle and be a mile away from the stage if I can help it. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    edited January 2018
    on_board said:
    on_board said:
    This is a worthwhile discussion.  I would not be excited to receive 300 level upper deck tickets through the Ten Club lottery.  I would prefer to try my luck with TM honestly.  If the band is really making many more tickets available through the club, that means they are going to be all over the place.

Also, it is unclear that membership # matters this time.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past, they make it crystal clear in the presale instructions that lower membership numbers get the best seats if they are randomly selected in the lottery.  There is no such mention of any role of membership numbers this time.  Because they always make a point of describing this in detail in the past, and have ommitted any discussion of this this time around, I interpret this as meaning that the whole thing is being handled by lottery without consideration of membership number.
    Seniority still matters
    What part of this from the TenClub ticketing info is unclear?

Reserved Seating: 
In order to accommodate more Ten Club members than ever before, please be aware Ten Club seated tickets will be spread further back than usual, and include some of the best seat locations in the house. For Seattle, Chicago and Boston this includes seats on the field, seats in the lower level of the bowl and seats in the front rows of the upper level. For Missoula, seats are located throughout the 100 level. Reserved seated tickets are assigned to members based on seniority in the Ten Club and will start closest to the stage extending back.
    I guess the way I read that, I thought it had something to do with Missoula only.  Thanks for highlighting.

They put the specific sentence in about Missoula because there are no reserved seats on the field there, but in the baseball stadia reserved 10 club seats will start on the field.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    jwc6160 said:
    OP...There will be plenty of 10C tickets allocated for the upper deck.  You basically have no chance of good seats through the 10C if you are not interested in the GA option.  Your best bet is to register for the verified thing, if you don't pull something you like, go buy on a scalper site that is not called Stubhub.  If you have never been to a PJ show and are flying out to Seattle, its  a big expense to sit a mile away from the band.  I'd over-pay and upgrade to the field if you are in a position to do so.
    Ok, I will have to think about it. Again, I will pay up, to a reasonable amount anyway. My issue is that stub hub has already said they weren't selling and there will basically be no 10c tickets on the market. At least doubles anyway. If 10c gets most of the best seats, what will be left for TM? The secondary market, if there is one, will be odd. I'm not sure which route I will take. I am thinking of keeping my name in the 10c drawing and also purchasing through TM if I can. Unless I get lucky, I will probably have to eat a ticket or two, but again, I don't want to fly to Seattle and be a mile away from the stage if I can help it. 

TM still gets there hands on decent seats. plus all the corporate blocks that are resold, season tix holders will resell, etc. Prices will be ridonkulous, but good seats will be for sale when the dust settles.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,797
    derbydave said:

Looks the secondary market might not be a good option either!!
    This is the best thing I've seen/read all day!
    I second that.  This is good to see.  reason number 4,923 that Pearl Jam rocks
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    derbydave said:

Looks the secondary market might not be a good option either!!
    This is the best thing I've seen/read all day!
    I second that.  This is good to see.  reason number 4,923 that Pearl Jam rocks
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    jwc6160 said:
    Sorry for changing subjects and I understand your dilemma but this is where I have a problem with the new policy with ticket sharing. Before we could easily sell pairs of tickets for face value on this site to people that needed them. Now there are going to be plenty of people that will have the opportunity to upgrade and either pass on it which is sad imo or they will as you said upgrade and eat the other tickets and no one will have access to them. 
  • Options
    Jbarker said:
    jwc6160 said:

TM still gets there hands on decent seats. plus all the corporate blocks that are resold, season tix holders will resell, etc. Prices will be ridonkulous, but good seats will be for sale when the dust settles.
    thanks. I will have to decide. The wife is going to kill me when I end up eating $200 worth of 10c tickets and then spend $400 for better seats. Not a Stubhub fan, but I can't imagine the other sites that will have tickets will be any better.
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

• Options
    PJNB said:
    jwc6160 said:
    Sorry for changing subjects and I understand your dilemma but this is where I have a problem with the new policy with ticket sharing. Before we could easily sell pairs of tickets for face value on this site to people that needed them. Now there are going to be plenty of people that will have the opportunity to upgrade and either pass on it which is sad imo or they will as you said upgrade and eat the other tickets and no one will have access to them. 
    Yeah, this is my issue. I am happy to sell my 10c tix if I get them on here for face value if I can find a decent upgrade. Now, I may have to eat them if I decide to upgrade to better seats and no one gets them. The only other real option is to meet up prior to the show and walk in with the person that buys mine and walk in together. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

• Options
    plus the Ticket Master verified seats pre sale doesn't happen until after the 10 club lottery.  I'm guess if you win the 10 club lottery you wont be able to enter the  Ticket Master one.
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    plus the Ticket Master verified seats pre sale doesn't happen until after the 10 club lottery.  I'm guess if you win the 10 club lottery you wont be able to enter the  Ticket Master one.
    why can't I do both?
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

• Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,436
    jwc6160 said:
    D-Rod said:
    why can't I do both?
    You can. Anyone can do the verified sale whether you win 10C tix or not. Regular Joe off the street can sign up
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    There will be a robust secondary market stubhub or not.  They are not going to sell 100K tickets and not have a secondary market, no way.  There will be season ticket holders for each team that will have access to a presale we have no access too.  Tickets will be available but you have almost zero chance of good seats through the 10C with your number.  I am 344XXX and my seats were in the 500 level at Wrigley..
    Gorge
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    There will be a robust secondary market stubhub or not.  They are not going to sell 100K tickets and not have a secondary market, no way.  There will be season ticket holders for each team that will have access to a presale we have no access too.  Tickets will be available but you have almost zero chance of good seats through the 10C with your number.  I am 344XXX and my seats were in the 500 level at Wrigley..
    Something got screwed up there unless you mean 2013 then that makes sense since you must have picked the cheapest option. There were plenty of people with way worse numbers then you in the lower bowl for 2016.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,115
    I tend to think your in a no win scenario.   The only good stadium tickets are the GA section.   The section was big at wrigley in 2016.   Maybe taking up as many as the first 20 to 25 rows you would see if it were seated.  This means the best no GA tickets already start pretty far back.  Im 6'2 and at arena shows instart having hard time seeing after row 20.  I can imagine what it like being in those back rows at a stadium.

Basically.  10c gets all the best seats.  Anything you'll find from secondary sources wont be as good (unless maybe theres the odd chance season ticket holders get some ok seats).   I think your best bet is 10c but your tickets wont be great.  Its a stadium show.  Big venues mean you have more tickets that are far away from the stage.

• Options
    Zod said:
    I tend to think your in a no win scenario.   The only good stadium tickets are the GA section.   The section was big at wrigley in 2016.   Maybe taking up as many as the first 20 to 25 rows you would see if it were seated.  This means the best no GA tickets already start pretty far back.  Im 6'2 and at arena shows instart having hard time seeing after row 20.  I can imagine what it like being in those back rows at a stadium.

Basically.  10c gets all the best seats.  Anything you'll find from secondary sources wont be as good (unless maybe theres the odd chance season ticket holders get some ok seats).   I think your best bet is 10c but your tickets wont be great.  Its a stadium show.  Big venues mean you have more tickets that are far away from the stage.

haha, I thought I had a plan and was just going to go ticketmaster verified and them look at the secondary market but then you came in and said pretty much the opposite of what everyone else has said. Not saying you are wrong, but it is funny reading through everyone's opinions on this. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

• Options
    Good advice given here.  I did both Wrigley and Fenway shows in 2016 and had both GA and 10C reserved seats across the 4 nights and can tell you that if you really want to see well, you need to have GA and wait in the GA line for hours for a good spot...any reserved tickets through 10 Club or otherwise are going to put you a great distance away from the stage.  At that point, it's not about being close at all, but is about the vibe of sharing a PJ show with like 40 thousand other crazed fans...and it's awesome.
  • Options
    jwc6160 said:
    Zod said:

haha, I thought I had a plan and was just going to go ticketmaster verified and them look at the secondary market but then you came in and said pretty much the opposite of what everyone else has said. Not saying you are wrong, but it is funny reading through everyone's opinions on this. 

Zod isn't saying the opposite as far as I can tell.  He too agrees you have minimal chance of good seats through the 10C based on seniority and your 10C number.  Although I will say I know someone who pulled field tickets for Fenway via the general sale and plenty of 10C seats were in the grandstands so while the 10C may get most of the good seats, you at least have a punchers chance at pulling something decent through the verified sale or (less likely) the general sale.
    Gorge
  • Options
    I had 2nd to last row at Wrigley N1 2016 that I got through the Ticketmaster sale (and I was online the minute they went on sale) and yes it is far away, but it was a great show nonetheless and I had a great time. Image may contain one or more people night and concert

St. Louis 5/4/2010
    EV Chicago 6/28/2011
    PJ20 Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 & 09/04/2011
    Wrigley Field 07/19/2013
    Buffalo, NY 10/12/2013
    Detroit, MI 10/16/2014
    Moline, IL 10/17/2014
    Toronto, ON 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016
    Wrigley Field 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016
  • Options
    jwc6160 said:
    Zod said:

Zod isn't saying the opposite as far as I can tell.  He too agrees you have minimal chance of good seats through the 10C based on seniority and your 10C number.  Although I will say I know someone who pulled field tickets for Fenway via the general sale and plenty of 10C seats were in the grandstands so while the 10C may get most of the good seats, you at least have a punchers chance at pulling something decent through the verified sale or (less likely) the general sale.
    That makes sense. The real issue is deciding whether or not to keep my name in the lottery. If I get drawn I am basically stuck with 2 tix if I see better options on Ticketmaster. I got great seats through the general for a NY show in 2016. I know I’m in the minority though. Verified seems to be my best option but again, will have already committed to the lottery and could have to eat $200. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,115
    Verified Fans is just the first part of the public onsale.  The public onsale will pretty much he the leftovers the 10c didnt use.  Im sure there will be a few exceptions but those tickets are pretty much going to worse than 10c seats.

One positive might be location.  I find when im too far back on the floor the angle of view with the stage gets really low.  I cant see anything.   Id rather be in the stands even if the distance is longer.  Just so i can see the stage.  Purposely choosing further back tickets to avoid the back of the floor might be a good strategy for using ticketmastsr.

Personally i would enter the draw to be on the safe side

• Options
    jwc6160 said:
    jwc6160 said:
    Zod said:

That makes sense. The real issue is deciding whether or not to keep my name in the lottery. If I get drawn I am basically stuck with 2 tix if I see better options on Ticketmaster. I got great seats through the general for a NY show in 2016. I know I’m in the minority though. Verified seems to be my best option but again, will have already committed to the lottery and could have to eat $200. 
    That's the risk and wasting tickets that someone else gladly would have liked to have had.  Accept that you won't be close but enjoy it for an outdoor show in a great city and the best live rock band in the world and you will have a great time regardless. Or wait and hope for an arena tour. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Something got screwed up there unless you mean 2013 then that makes sense since you must have picked the cheapest option. There were plenty of people with way worse numbers then you in the lower bowl for 2016.
    jwc6160 said:
    jwc6160 said:
    Zod said:

If you like GA, you should be able to enter for GA only and not risk the 10C reserves.  Worst case, you get less than stellar 10C reserves and pull better verified tix, you can swap the 10C tix to some friends for face value, give them your verified tickets to enter the venue with, you enter with your 10c mobile tix and then swap the seats and you go to your verified ticket location and your friends or ticket partners can use the 10c seats.  Super worse-case, you transfer the single 10c seat to someone on the board and only have to eat the cost of 1 seat.

Gorge
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    It sounds to me as TM is not getting a lot of tickets to sell.  
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    the boat you're in seats a lot of people...
  • Options
    jwc6160 said:
    D-Rod said:
    why can't I do both?
    In theory you can. However for Temple of the Dog you became ineligible for public sale if you got tix through the fan club. Could be the same.  
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:
    I think they always get their share no matter what. Promoter, venue, and TM always get their piece right off the top in most cases. 
  • Options
    jwc6160 said:
    D-Rod said:
    why can't I do both?
    In theory you can. However for Temple of the Dog you became ineligible for public sale if you got tix through the fan club. Could be the same.  

Sprunkn7 said:
    jwc6160 said:
    D-Rod said:
    why can't I do both?

You most definitely can.  You can register for the TM verified thing today.  No way that excludes you from registering for 10C tix later
    Gorge
  • Options
    jwc6160 said:
    D-Rod said:
    why can't I do both?
    It’s not.
  • Options
    jwc6160 said:
    D-Rod said:
    why can't I do both?
    It’s not.
    TOD was a very different situation and level of demand. Not a terrible idea though. If you already got tixs.......give others more of a chance to get theirs. Yes the situation isn't the same for everyone (tixs for friends/family etc). In theory you can get 10c tixs, then max out on verified sale, and then max out on public sale.......while some get competely shut out. 
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 647
    My 2 cents. Put in for GA for the Wednesday show. It won’t be as popular. Sign up for verified fan in case you don’t win GA
    You can walk in to GA at show time and have a great view.