Options

Announcing 'The Home Shows'

Comments

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Stinks that there is no way to get 3 tickets via the Ten Club. My wife and I want to take our son to his first show but will have to go with the public sale I guess. Shame after 20 plus years in the club they can't accommodate fans like myself. What would it hurt to have a 3 ticket option?
    ...or a 4 ticket option. Or a 5 ticket option. Or a 6 ticket option.

2 tickets is a balance that has worked for (most) fans since forever. 

Ask for a spare on here.
    ... or a 1 ticket option. I don't like being forced to spend double what I need to spend on tickets. Yes, I can sell the spare later, but that can be a hassle, and I don't like having to front the money for a ticket I don't want. I understand limiting it to 2 completely. But why they won't allow singles is completely beyond me, since doing that would really help all the fans out.
    That would be more reasonable. Maybe there's a good reason. But I can't figure it out.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    PJ_Soul said:
    Stinks that there is no way to get 3 tickets via the Ten Club. My wife and I want to take our son to his first show but will have to go with the public sale I guess. Shame after 20 plus years in the club they can't accommodate fans like myself. What would it hurt to have a 3 ticket option?
    ...or a 4 ticket option. Or a 5 ticket option. Or a 6 ticket option.

2 tickets is a balance that has worked for (most) fans since forever. 

Ask for a spare on here.
    ... or a 1 ticket option. I don't like being forced to spend double what I need to spend on tickets. Yes, I can sell the spare later, but that can be a hassle, and I don't like having to front the money for a ticket I don't want. I understand limiting it to 2 completely. But why they won't allow singles is completely beyond me, since doing that would really help all the fans out.
    Yeah, I agree that a lot of people would benefit from a single ticket option. I think two is definitely fair because it's hard enough to get tickets to PJ shows, so if three or four tickets are thrown into the mix then the odds of getting tickets are slimmer.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    ComeToTX said:

Ten Club continues to strive to get tickets straight into the hands of fans, and we've made arrangements to accommodate more fan club members than ever before.
    Ticket pre-sale information coming soon.

That's nice to read.

.... The people who were interested in the other rumoured venues but be feeling a bit left out right about now, lol. Hopefully their time comes soon!

I booked a hotel room right near Pike Place on Saturday morning, and I'm glad I did. My lord, hotel prices in Seattle during the high season are crazy. Comparable to NYC. I got a small but decent room for something like $300CAD/night at the Executive Hotel Pacific, and I'm finding that that is actually a very good deal. :tired_face: I'm a little jealous of those who got the cheaper Edgewater rooms. It is a bit pricier than what I got and a little farther away from Safeco, but the rooms are also a lot bigger and the amenities are better..... I should have just accepted the extra expense maybe, and booked one of those when I had the chance. The water view ones are just too expensive, and the city view (cheaper) ones are now all gone.
    For those of you looking to save some $$ on hotels for these shows, try Hotwire.  I booked a room for $150 a night, with fees, for Wed-Saturday.  The rooms near the venue were just out of our price range.  It's not a great hotel, but for the price, couldn't say no.
    Irvine 92,Indio 93,San Fran 95,San Diego 95x2,San Diego 98,LA 98x2,San Diego 00,San Bern 00,Irvine 03,San Diego 03,Las Vegas 03,Santa Barbara 03,Vancouver 05,LA 06x2,Santa Barbara 06,Cincy 06,Leeds 06,Reading 06,Portland 09,LA 09x3,San Diego 09,NYC 10x2, PHX 13, SD 13, LAx2 13, Cincy 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Dana Point 21x2
  • Options
    Don't you have hostels in Seattle?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    feederfeeder Boise, ID Posts: 79
    How much is the travel/hotel discount, for those who have priced? Would be traveling from NYC. In my busiest time of year or I would price.
    Looks like $289 (plus taxes and other charges) and up.  One option to consider is finding a Hotel near Sea-Tac and taking the train which stops right outside of Safeco.  It's about a 20 minute ride, but rooms are cheaper.

I was lucky to find a decent room near the Space Needle for $225, Wednesday thru Saturday.
    "Have we got a show for you??  No, it's a question!" EV 5/12/22
  • Options
    Looking at the Springhill Suites. Anyone know what the cancellation policy is on these rates?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    edited January 2018
    They do have hostels.
    Some of us just don't want to stay in a hostel. I admit I'm a victim of my own hotel minimum standards, which aren't particularly minimum anymore. I'd rather pay for comfort and privacy than save money... I'd even rather not go than stay in a hostel at this point in my life. My hostelling days are over, lol (I did live in a hostel for 6 weeks once though - it's not like I've always been too good for them :lol:;) ).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Only one I know about right downtown is Green Tortoise Hostel. There's also a Hostelling International Seattle Hostel located in the International District, which is very close to Safeco Field.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I always book a hotel in advance on Expedia and choose one with Free Cancellation and Reserve Now, Pay Later. Then about 2 weeks from my travel date I book a hotel on Hotwire for less and then cancel the Expedia one.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    bflynn1 said:
    I always book a hotel in advance on Expedia and choose one with Free Cancellation and Reserve Now, Pay Later. Then about 2 weeks from my travel date I book a hotel on Hotwire for less and then cancel the Expedia one.
    Yeah, the free cancellation option is a must for sure. You never know what might come up later.... You also never know when Eddie might break an arm, Seattle is hit by an earthquake and Safeco is closed, or god knows what. Anything could go wrong. I'd never make concert-based travel plans without full cancellation options. Way too risky. Concerts get cancelled all the time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    thebrigthebrig Posts: 394
    I am so stoked for the Home Shows. My wife isn't a concert goer so I can't easily justify traveling to see shows. I had just taken a new job the last time the band played here so I missed that chance. It's been way too long Literally can't wait for August!!
    Mantis-2.gif
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,282
    I think this will be a separate lottery that includes both nights. Pretty rough to get people to book minimum 3 night stays around the shows then only have them eligible to get tickets for 1 show.   This feels more like a PJ/Ten Club Event than just 2 shows at a stadium.
    I'm with you.   The way that was written, it feels like they secured enough 10c tix that virtually everyone that puts in for them will get tickets.  I think PJ wants this to be a destination event (kind of like PJ20).  They have never done Seattle shows of this magnitude.  These shows are going to be epic!
  • Options
    mr bungle said:
    I think this will be a separate lottery that includes both nights. Pretty rough to get people to book minimum 3 night stays around the shows then only have them eligible to get tickets for 1 show.   This feels more like a PJ/Ten Club Event than just 2 shows at a stadium.
    I'm with you.   The way that was written, it feels like they secured enough 10c tix that virtually everyone that puts in for them will get tickets.  I think PJ wants this to be a destination event (kind of like PJ20).  They have never done Seattle shows of this magnitude.  These shows are going to be epic!
    That is a really good point - I didn't think about the fact that 10C offered the hotel package and flights to cover both nights and how that might impact the ticket sale/lottery. I hope you're right!
  • Options
    mr bungle said:
    Faith-full.....They won't let us down!!
  • Options
    theboywiltheboywil Seattle Posts: 59
    jeffbr said:
    Only one I know about right downtown is Green Tortoise Hostel. There's also a Hostelling International Seattle Hostel located in the International District, which is very close to Safeco Field.
    There is also City Hostel http://www.cityhostelseattle.com/city_hostel_seattle (which some friends opened a few years ago).  They do have private rooms, and all of the rooms are painted by local artists and it's close to the bus/lightrail routes which go down to the stadiums (or about a mile and a half walk)
    Well we've been a good few hours drinking
    So I'm going to say what everyone's thinking
    If we're stuck on this ship and it's sinking
    Then we might as well have a parade
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    I believe I shall go!
  • Options
    DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 237
    The Inn at Queen Anne (located right across the street from KEXP and Seattle Center) has rooms ranging from $169 to $189 a night. Better than some of the rates I'm seeing!
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Zero chance of seeing these shows but man if i could choose 1 destination it would be these concerts. Sounds amazing. 

How about simulcast these shows for a fee going towards the $10m goal???
  • Options
    BZBZ Posts: 45
    gatorjam said:
    My 40th birthday is August 10th.   =)
    August 10th is my 40th birthday as well. My wife already booked the hotel and is working on the flights! Thank you Pearl Jam for the most awesome 40th birthday gift ever. NY to Seattle! 
  • Options
    cutz said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I love shows and any news of them...

I am not a fan of the stadium shows though.  Diminished acoustics and fan experience.  Been there, done that.  Its not special anymore. 
    My sentiments, also.

ENJOY, to those who go.
    It is what it is. Too big of a band to do small intimate shows anymore. Gotta take what you can get. 
  • Options
    DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 237
    BZ said:
    gatorjam said:
    August 10th is my 40th birthday as well. My wife already booked the hotel and is working on the flights! Thank you Pearl Jam for the most awesome 40th birthday gift ever. NY to Seattle! 
    My wife's 40th is Aug 9th! She's very happy with this birthday present!
  • Options
    BZ said:
    gatorjam said:
    48 on August 1st, definitely a birthday celebration for me too.
  • Options
    DoDaFoo said:
    The Inn at Queen Anne (located right across the street from KEXP and Seattle Center) has rooms ranging from $169 to $189 a night. Better than some of the rates I'm seeing!
    Yeah, that's definitely the cheapest I saw for downtown, but the reviews for it are pretty bad, so I passed it up. But not everyone is burdened by such pickiness, and that is good for them!
  • Options
    cutz said:
    MayDay10 said:

I am not a fan of the stadium shows though.  Diminished acoustics and fan experience.  Been there, done that.  Its not special anymore. 
    My sentiments, also.

ENJOY, to those who go.
    It is what it is. Too big of a band to do small intimate shows anymore. Gotta take what you can get. 
    They aren't too big for arenas though. I think that's where they are at the best. I agree the ballparks aren't great - that's why I'm going GA or bust for these.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    ComeToTX said:

Ten Club continues to strive to get tickets straight into the hands of fans, and we've made arrangements to accommodate more fan club members than ever before.
    Ticket pre-sale information coming soon.

That's nice to read.

.... The people who were interested in the other rumoured venues but be feeling a bit left out right about now, lol. Hopefully their time comes soon!

I booked a hotel room right near Pike Place on Saturday morning, and I'm glad I did. My lord, hotel prices in Seattle during the high season are crazy. Comparable to NYC. I got a small but decent room for something like $300CAD/night at the Executive Hotel Pacific, and I'm finding that that is actually a very good deal. :tired_face: I'm a little jealous of those who got the cheaper Edgewater rooms. It is a bit pricier than what I got and a little farther away from Safeco, but the rooms are also a lot bigger and the amenities are better..... I should have just accepted the extra expense maybe, and booked one of those when I had the chance. The water view ones are just too expensive, and the city view (cheaper) ones are now all gone.
    For those of you looking to save some $$ on hotels for these shows, try Hotwire.  I booked a room for $150 a night, with fees, for Wed-Saturday.  The rooms near the venue were just out of our price range.  It's not a great hotel, but for the price, couldn't say no.
    If price is an issue also consider NOT staying directly downtown. Seattle isn't that big end to end. An uber/taxi isn't that bad from areas just outside of the downtown area. Light rail runs to the U district and to the airport/seatac. 
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 689
    edited January 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    MayDay10 said:

My sentiments, also.

ENJOY, to those who go.
    They aren't too big for arenas though. I think that's where they are at the best. I agree the ballparks aren't great - that's why I'm going GA or bust for these.
    I hear ya. I prefer the smaller shows too. But considering how hard it is to get tix to any show now..........they actually might be too big for arenas now.  
    Post edited by Eddieredder on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,118
    I pricelined on Friday when the dates leaked.  Best i could get was 215usd/night at the staypineapple Hotel Five.  They do charge a resort fee of 17ish a day so it was a bit misleading because thats more like 232 a night... but i couldnt find anywhere better.  

Generally the ones below this start to not have air condition.  You can book the moore, the hotel by the hospital, for cheaper but they dont have ac.  I stayed at the moore on a hot summer day once.  Couldnt sleep.  Might be good for heat people.

I had seen the inn at queen anne too but reviews were terrible.  Im fairly happy with the hotel five.  Its crazy how expensive seattle is in the summer.  In 2013 we got the olive8 hyatt for about 100 bucks. Lol.
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    Great cause.  Want to go to Seattle so bad. We will see.  Waiting patiently for Chicago info
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 777
    edited January 2018
    Went for the Springhill Suites. Rooms still available at the time of this posting for 239 plus charges which aren’t too bad compared to some. 
    Post edited by UmphreysJam34 on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    MayDay10 said:

My sentiments, also.

ENJOY, to those who go.
    I hear ya. I prefer the smaller shows too. But considering how hard it is to get tix to any show now..........they actually might be too big for arenas now.  
    Only in the huge markets on the East Coast, Chicago, and LA and such. In all the smaller cities it is actually pretty damn easy to get tix. Many of their arena shows didn't even sell out in 2013 and 2016, or if they did, it took a little while. I don't think they're too big for arenas in most places. These ballpark shows they are doing now... that seems to drum up interest simply because of the venue and not so much because of the band (Seattle excluded). Although if all they are going to do now is 6 ballparks in an entire year, yeah, tix aren't going to be hard to get. They need to play more shows than that to make it easier for fans. That said...... They might still announce an arena tour for the fall. Some people seem to be assuming this is all that's going to happen in 2018 in North America. I suspect otherwise. If they're going to release a new album, they need to do more than that.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on