Options

I'm in the 10C "Grace Period" - where's my stuff?

2»

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited January 2018
    I didn't think bootleg codes expired at all?  I thought only the t-shirt (or whatever item) code expired annually.  Grace period or not, if you already paid for the benefit (i.e bootleg code), you should get to keep it.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    DewieCox said:
    Pretty pathetic if all that stuff disappears during a grace period.
    can we not actually be grateful there's a grace period at all? nothing anywhere says they are required to give us 3 months to get our shit together. 

Yes, I am grateful for the grace period.  Though to be fair, wouldn’t it be comically contradictory of the 10C to be hardliners on deadlines?  :wink:
    touche. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited January 2018
    What about getting nothing in the mail for$40 analog memberships except the t-shirts 2016 & 2017?  So far $40 for nothing. x2 maybe $80 for nothing.
    They are running a pretty good business over there.  I wish I could make $80 for doing nothing.
    A few years ago they sent out a small box with a few 10C stickers in it.
     Last 2 years, No Ten Club singles no deep magazines no nothing,, just paying $40 to keep my seniority number alive.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    DewieCox said:
    can we not actually be grateful there's a grace period at all? nothing anywhere says they are required to give us 3 months to get our shit together. 
    Not really. Not required to do it but they are actually being proactive in removing something that was paid for and is literally costing them nothing. 
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    aus_suz said:
    DewieCox said:
    I think when you become current again it re-appears,. But the bootleg codes dont expire  for as long as u are a current member once the membership lapses the codes are gone. 

Thats crap imo.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    Not really. Not required to do it but they are actually being proactive in removing something that was paid for and is literally costing them nothing. 
    I doubt they are actively moving anything. it is most likely a setting that got overlooked, or maybe it didn't, and they just lock it down entirely until you renew. it might just be easier, software wise, to do it that way. there isn't always a setting for everything in all applications. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited January 2018
    I actually thought automatic renewal was done across the board now, and you have to unsubscribe rather than remember to re-subscribe... Didn't people have a shit fit about that a few years ago when they changed the process? Or did the shit fit work, and they went back to allowing us to have a choice about auto-renewal? Or am I just remembering it all wrong? 
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I think  you can turn off auto renewal. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,958

Hi all,

My membership is currently expired as of 12/27/17.  I fully plan to renew but I thought it was odd that when I log in it's as if I have never been a member before.  All my bootleg codes, my mp3 access is gone.  I paid for those!

I assume they will come back when I re-up my membership but just found it unusual and a little annoying.  Considering all the anger over the 2016 single (which I have still yet to receive), I was hoping to at least get the mp3s.  So now I have to sign up again in 2018 in order to get something I paid for in 2016?

Oy vey...

- Dan

you will get nothing and like it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville