Options

Houston, TX

vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
4th largest city in the US and largely ignored by PJ. Why?  No fans here? Bad fans? 

Comments

• Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,439
    Pearl Jam gives us an excuse to leave this awful City
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    i really do not like the border patrol as an institution.
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    edited March 2018
    It’s getting to be a funny joke why they don’t play here.  I’ve lived here for 17 years and seen them here twice.  I’ve seen them elsewhere 25 times in the years since. 
    They apparently tried to play Toyota center in 2013 on the Lb tour, but Toyota center was booked so they played dallas and Okc instead. 

Still, we are due for a show. Eddie joked about this at his Jones Hall solo show a few years ago 
    Post edited by dr122931 on
  • Options
    dr122931 said:
    It’s getting to be a funny joke why they don’t play here.  I’ve lived here for 18 years and seen them here twice.  I’ve seen them elsewhere 25 times in the years since. 
    They apparently tried to play Toyota center in 2013 on the Lb tour, but Toyota center was booked so they played dallas and Okc instead. 

Still, we are due for a show. Eddie joked about this at his Jones Hall solo show a few years ago 
    i'd like to see Houston become a regular tour stop and not just an apology stop
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    vaggar99 said:
    dr122931 said:
    It’s getting to be a funny joke why they don’t play here.  I’ve lived here for 18 years and seen them here twice.  I’ve seen them elsewhere 25 times in the years since. 

i'd like to see Houston become a regular tour stop and not just an apology stop
    Agreed. Houston is my hometown & I love going down there...going down there in 3 weeks and I can't wait. It's a great city.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited January 2018
    Austin —four shows in the past 8 years.  That’s what two hours away?  Houston needs a proper show just like NOLA tho
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    I would not complain about 4 shows in 8 years within a 2 hour radius. I would love that.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    Austin —four shows in the past 8 years.  That’s what two hours away?  Houston needs a proper show just like NOLA tho
    Austin City limits? common...the only reason anyone plays festivals is for the payday.  
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,562
    3 festival shows and a tv taping. No regular show since 1995. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    ehbacon said:
    I would not complain about 4 shows in 8 years within a 2 hour radius. I would love that.
    Cincinnati is 4 hours away.
    Lexington was maybe 5 1/2 hours away.  (I made a stop in Columbus to make the rest of the trip with a couple of friends.) 
    Chicago was about 6 hours away. We hit construction and traffic, so it was honestly more in the 7 1/2 hour range to get there.

I would love 2 hours. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    Asia.....

bah
  • Options
    Houston has a metro population of 7 million.  just saying