123457»

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 11,542
    FINALLY!!!

Tell us!?!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 25,212
    Yeah what’s this?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 10,386
    My favorite - and arguably one of the best - Irish whiskeys you'll ever have!  I had it once at a restaurant in Gettysburg after a friend told me about it (he honeymooned in Ireland and discovered it over there) and have been looking for it ever since.  It's finally made its way to my little neck of the woods and I couldn't be happier.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 11,062
    I've never met an Irish whiskey that I liked. They all taste like kerosene to me.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    I've never met an Irish whiskey that I liked. They all taste like kerosene to me.
    Pappy's?
    Pappy is far from Irish. And I only like the 12 (Lot B) and 20 Pappys. The 15 and 23 are friggin’ firewater!

I prefer more rounded whiskeys. Hence my Islay love. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    To wit
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited April 10
    dankind said:
    Pappy is far from Irish. And I only like the 12 (Lot B) and 20 Pappys. The 15 and 23 are friggin’ firewater!

Freudian slip... I meant to say Paddy's, sorry, lol.

I had the 15 and 23 from Pappy's and the 23 was so smooth it was great.  The 15 was good too, I wonder if you got a hold of a bootlegged bottle?
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
    dankind said:

Freudian slip... I meant to say Paddy's, sorry, lol.

I had the 15 and 23 from Pappy's and the 23 was so smooth it was great.  The 15 was good too, I wonder if you got a hold of a bootlegged bottle?
    The 23 was as legit as it gets—I had an awesome source when I lived in Brooklyn—it just wasn’t to my liking. It was too hot for my gullet, and that cancels out any smoothness for me. 

Woodford is always praised for its smoothness, but that one is too hot as well, as are a lot of fine whiskeys that I leave on the shelf for others to enjoy. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,049
    This just popped up on my Google page.
    I thought it was interesting.
    10 best cheep whiskey bottles under 
    $20.00
    https://uproxx.com/life/best-cheap-whiskey-bottles-under-20-dollars-right-now/
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevroletPosts: 1,579
    Just don't like the baker's I bought.
    mixing the rest with coke.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • jeffbrjeffbr SeattlePosts: 5,787
    Looks like the Pope has joined the Whiskey clique with a nice bottle of 23 yr old Pappy's - 

Pappy for the Pope: Kentucky priest delivers bourbon to Vatican

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    It’s not every day that one is lucky enough to find something like this in the cupboard while searching for a lid to a saucepan. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    It’s not every day that one is lucky enough to find something like this in the cupboard while searching for a lid to a saucepan. 

aaaaaaaaaand?!?
    dankind said:

aaaaaaaaaand?!?
    I’m still working on my Ardbeg An Oa, but I’ve had Rowan’s Creek before and enjoyed it. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 1,208
    Buffalo Trace manhattans tonight boys. Very tasty! 
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,144
    dankind said:

This bottle looks so great, I would like to try it!
123457»