Annoying Commercials

KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
Are there any TV/radio commercials that annoy you or you just absolutely hate.  For me it seems like there are always a few that are played way too often or I just find stupid and annoying.

Currently I can't stand the My Pillow commercial and the Peyton Manning Nationwide commercials need to go away.
Columbus-2000
Columbus-2003
Cincinnati-2006
Columbus-2010
Wrigley-2013
Cincinnati-2014
Lexington-2016
Wrigley 1 & 2-2018

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    The ones I absolutely cannot stand are for a local car dealership (I think the guy owns 3 dealerships, but the commercials are all the same). He likes to do parodies and puns of pop culture, especially movies. They are really irritating and make me never want to buy an automobile from any of his dealerships.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    Yes, the Peyton commercials are terrible. I also get annoyed anytime someone wakes up on Christmas morning and they find a car with a bow out in the driveway.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,988
    KC138045 said:
    Are there any TV/radio commercials that annoy you or you just absolutely hate.  For me it seems like there are always a few that are played way too often or I just find stupid and annoying.

Currently I can't stand the My Pillow commercial and the Peyton Manning Nationwide commercials need to go away.
    If it makes you feel any better, the My Pillow guy got sued for millions over his commercials.
    His ad campaign of "buy one get one free" was said to be misleading, since it was always a BOGO offer, that was really the retail price and not a sale.
    Seems lame to me, if the fact that commercial runs for months with the same offer doesn't clue you in then too bad. But hey he lost. And now his commercial says "Two pillows for one low price" after paying some millions in false advertising fees. 
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,896
    The current Honda holiday ones
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    Every commercial is annoying.
    I'm with  you
    Comercials are why the dvr and remote control were invented
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I want to set off a maximum casualty shit bomb in the middle of every Old Navy commercial that has ever existed. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,507
    mace1229 said:
    KC138045 said:

If it makes you feel any better, the My Pillow guy got sued for millions over his commercials.
    His ad campaign of "buy one get one free" was said to be misleading, since it was always a BOGO offer, that was really the retail price and not a sale.
    Seems lame to me, if the fact that commercial runs for months with the same offer doesn't clue you in then too bad. But hey he lost. And now his commercial says "Two pillows for one low price" after paying some millions in false advertising fees. 
    I have also heard that the My Pillow kind of sucks as a pillow, and only about 1/3 of those who have bought it would ever buy it again.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Any commercial saying how happy people are about home dog food delivery. 
    Fuck everyone who is too lazy to go the fucking store and just buy the damn food. 
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    the commercials that air through my rogers center ice hockey package, same commercial(s) in rotation- no change.  stupid cold sore one with the blond girl dancing like a robot....mf. 
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    They're all at least a little or very annoying but I rarely watch TV- maybe a few baseball games around playoff time/ WS, and local news if something like a major wild fire is happening in our area.  I find most contemporary TV shows as or more annoying than the commercials.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The commercials that miserably fail at attempting to be clever or humorous are what irritate the bejesus out of me.

Ross - the kids playing with their toys look like something out of Children of the Corn.  Soulless!
    Again on the kid front, any ad that uses them to say something only an adult would.
    Those motherfucking cars in the driveway with a big bow - who does that?
    JEWELRY COMMERCIALS.  That's the way to someone's a woman's heart?  Most of that shit is fugly and gaudy.

Now, give me the happy ASPCA or Honeybaked ham commercials?  I'm in, baby!
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    edited December 2017
    hedonist said:
    The commercials that miserably fail at attempting to be clever or humorous are what irritate the bejesus out of me.

Ross - the kids playing with their toys look like something out of Children of the Corn.  Soulless!
    Again on the kid front, any ad that uses them to say something only an adult would.
    JEWELRY COMMERCIALS.  That's the way to someone's a woman's heart?  Most of that shit is fugly and gaudy.

big bow on the car is so true... hahahaha especially those benz/bmw ones... fuckers rubbing it in even more with the bow. hahaha 
    Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • K A R S KARS FOR KIDS
    K A R S KARS FOR KIDS!

DONATE YOUR CAR TODAY!!!
    edited December 2017
    K A R S KARS FOR KIDS
    K A R S KARS FOR KIDS!

DONATE YOUR CAR TODAY!!!
    You’re an asshole. You know that?

Now I’m going to have that running through my head all damn day. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    K A R S KARS FOR KIDS
    K A R S KARS FOR KIDS!

DONATE YOUR CAR TODAY!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Halts Maul You Pappnase!!!
    https://youtu.be/mFA59OtWh5c
    And the ACTUAL commercial for that, with the pink-lipsticked kid "playing guitar"?!
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    hedonist said:

Happy ASPCA commercial?  Those are so sad, especially the ones with the Sara McGlaughlin music playing.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    dankind said:
    K A R S KARS FOR KIDS
    K A R S KARS FOR KIDS!

DONATE YOUR CAR TODAY!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I SAW PEARL JAM
    KC138045 said:
    hedonist said:

Happy ASPCA commercial?  Those are so sad, especially the ones with the Sara McGlaughlin music playing.
    Gah!  I should've clarified the Subaru ones where they promote donations to the ASPCA (among other charities).  I can't take Sara's version at all.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    hedonist said:
    KC138045 said:
    hedonist said:

Gah!  I should've clarified the Subaru ones where they promote donations to the ASPCA (among other charities).  I can't take Sara's version at all.
    Oh got ya
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • dankind said:
    dankind said:
    K A R S KARS FOR KIDS
    K A R S KARS FOR KIDS!

DONATE YOUR CAR TODAY!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Did you even press "play"?
    No way, man. 

The thing is that the stupid jingle works. Two of our three cars that reached the end of the road were donated. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    No way, man. 

The thing is that the stupid jingle works. Two of our three cars that reached the end of the road were donated. 
    My friends donated to WFUV.  They don't care if u have a title or not!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,823
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    FLO
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    edited December 2017
    Malroth said:
    FLO
    I wanna get Flo pregnant 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited December 2017
    At Wilkins Hyundai and Subaru, we have Hyundais and Subarus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdopTDcQtog

Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,823
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Malroth said:
    FLO
    I HATE FLO.  Those commercials were the first ones I thought of for this thread.
    Any prescription medication commercial.  Those should be illegal.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."