Options

KRAKÓW - travel tips and other info

Comments

• Options
    Miss.SnowdropMiss.Snowdrop Scotland Posts: 192
    IZI said:
    Hm...No directly train I'm think...try to find directly bus...but now reservation is possible till 31.01.2018
    Or you could hop on the Pearl Jam bus. There are plenty of people only going from Prague to Krakow. You could split the costs with them.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/543256526035097/
  • Options
    IZIIZI Kraków Posts: 101
    Pearl Jam bus it's sounds very well....What a pity that I'dont take Prague :|
    PJ 1996 Warszawa, 2000 Katowice 1 ,2007 Chorzów, 2010 Gdynia, 2014 Gdynia, 2018 Amsterdam 1+2, Londyn 1, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Londyn 2
    EV 2019 Amsterdam 1+2, Florence, Barolo, Berlin, Dusseldorf 
  • Options
    IZI said:
    Pearl Jam bus it's sounds very well....What a pity that I'dont take Prague :|
    But why you no Prague?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    IZIIZI Kraków Posts: 101
    01.07 will be Deep Purple in Tauron Arena Kraków... I
    take PJ show in Amsterdam,Londyn 1+2,Padwa,Kraków of course, and finally Barcelona...
    PJ 1996 Warszawa, 2000 Katowice 1 ,2007 Chorzów, 2010 Gdynia, 2014 Gdynia, 2018 Amsterdam 1+2, Londyn 1, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Londyn 2
    EV 2019 Amsterdam 1+2, Florence, Barolo, Berlin, Dusseldorf 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    Any news for the pre-party??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    As someone who's only been on here since last July, I find all of these pre-parties to be really heart warming to see. This place sure is swell guys!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Hmm Auschwitz on the day of the show...  I think I read above it's a bad idea.  Seems like it may be a long day.  Anyone else going on July 3rd?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Red Lukin said:
    Hmm Auschwitz on the day of the show...  I think I read above it's a bad idea.  Seems like it may be a long day.  Anyone else going on July 3rd?
    Want to do the 2nd myself. Waiting for the bus/train schedule to update but looks like there maybe an option that gets into Krakow at 10:00am leaving a good amount of time to do Auschwitz. The day of the show would be rough I would imagine. 
  • Options
    Are you hoping on the PJ bus?  If so sounds like that would work for you.  I'm skipping Berlin so plan to take the 7 hour bus that leaves at 10am.  So the 2nd doesn't work.

Thanks for your opinion.  Sounds like it's not worth it to rush it and exhaust myself before the show.
  • Options
    Red Lukin said:
    Are you hoping on the PJ bus?  If so sounds like that would work for you.  I'm skipping Berlin so plan to take the 7 hour bus that leaves at 10am.  So the 2nd doesn't work.

Thanks for your opinion.  Sounds like it's not worth it to rush it and exhaust myself before the show.
    I have not been there but I am just going by what the locals said when I asked the same question. Also the PJ bus would be really fun but it takes a whole day out of visiting a city since you wouldn't get into Krakow until supper time or later. Is that what you are doing? I very may well just catch an early bus and skip Auschwitz all together and do it another time I am in Poland. Seems like it is a 6 hour bus ride so and I would get in around 2:00pm for 20 Euros. 
  • Options
    Yeah we're taking the day bus on the 2nd.  Seems like the best option.  But it's at 10am and would get us to Krakow at dinner time.  We're also taking the night train to Budapest on the 4th so seeing the camps on the 3rd would give us little to to see the city.  It would like I just made my decision ; )
  • Options
    SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    Honestly, I'd say you need to take most of the day out for Auschwitz. I think I was there for about six hours and it was an hour journey each way, so that's eight hours. Then if you're going to the show after, you're probably going to be pretty drained.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    Is this a small city? is it close to the arena from the centre?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    Honestly, I'd say you need to take most of the day out for Auschwitz. I think I was there for about six hours and it was an hour journey each way, so that's eight hours. Then if you're going to the show after, you're probably going to be pretty drained.
    Also, a show after an Auschwitz visit? For me these two don't go together....
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    edited March 2018
    Also, a show after an Auschwitz visit? For me these two don't go together....
    Maybe I have it wrong but I think the 2 can go together.
    As I only have the option of the 3rd due to travel arrangements I am going to Auschwitz then the show. (Hopefully with a nap in between)

Half my family went to Auschwitz but never left so I need to go. And I feel that after the draining experiece going to an upliftng event like a PJ show is a good thing.

However,  I  do understand  how this might not work for others.
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    Think we're hitting up Auschwitz the day after, on our way to Berlin.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    Taking a car or transit? 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    PJNB said:
    cutz said:
    Taking a car or transit? 
    Taking a car.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,946
    We are doing it the day after
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    pen woith wash..that is all..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,025
    Wash
    Low Light
    Off He Goes
    Last Exit
    Spin The Black
    Not For You
    Tremor Christ
    Nothingman
    Whipping
    Pry To
    Corduroy
    Bugs
    Satan's Bed
    Better Man
    Aye Davanita
    Immortality
    Even Flow
    Down
    Jeremy
    Rearviewmirror
    Blood
    -----
    Oceans
    Strangest Tribe
    Smile
    Comfortably Numb
    Black
    Crazy Mary
    Porch
    ----
    Go
    State Of Love and Trust
    Breath
    Alive
    Baba O' Riley
    Yellow Ledbetter
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,582
    mrk2 said:
    Wash
    Low Light
    Off He Goes
    Last Exit
    Spin The Black
    Not For You
    Tremor Christ
    Nothingman
    Whipping
    Pry To
    Corduroy
    Bugs
    Satan's Bed
    Better Man
    Aye Davanita
    Immortality
    Even Flow
    Down
    Jeremy
    Rearviewmirror
    Blood
    -----
    Oceans
    Strangest Tribe
    Smile
    Comfortably Numb
    Black
    Crazy Mary
    Porch
    ----
    Go
    State Of Love and Trust
    Breath
    Alive
    Baba O' Riley
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Awesome. Fuckin' Up and Indifference instead of Baba and YL.
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    I have a good feeling about this show, I think it is going to be special.

Does anyone have any recommendations for bars/restaurants? Cool things to eat?  I see others have mentioned visiting the salt mines and Auschwitz, in addition to that, any recommendations?
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    -Buru- said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for bars/restaurants? Cool things to eat?  I see others have mentioned visiting the salt mines and Auschwitz, in addition to that, any recommendations?
    I have Quebec 2016 vibes coming from this show with the way the venue and city look. Let Stone do the set!

Here is my schedule that I have put together with times not being accurate just copied and pasted. Not sure about bars and restaurants yet.

• Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    mrk2 said:
    Staying at Holiday Inn very near the old town, and looks like quite easy tram connections to the venue. Originally booked a hotel close to the venue, but it looks like there's really nothing else there. Staying two nights and leaving late on the 4th to Berlin, so have plenty of time to explore the city.
    That's where I am staying as well
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    PJNB said:
    -Buru- said:

I have Quebec 2016 vibes coming from this show with the way the venue and city look. Let Stone do the set!

Here is my schedule that I have put together with times not being accurate just copied and pasted. Not sure about bars and restaurants yet.

I'll save this for future reading, thanks!
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    edited April 2018
    mrk2 said:
    Staying at Holiday Inn very near the old town, and looks like quite easy tram connections to the venue. Originally booked a hotel close to the venue, but it looks like there's really nothing else there. Staying two nights and leaving late on the 4th to Berlin, so have plenty of time to explore the city.
    That's where I am staying as well
    Booked a room here too
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    if any of you wanna visit Auschwitz remember you have to book tickets in advance, as far as I know you can't just go on whatever time and there is limit of people that can visit this place each day
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    -Buru- said:

I am most excited to visit Krakow out of the Europe tour so if anyone can recommend good eats and beers in town :)
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300

Hummus Amamamusi is delicious place, it's in the jewish district. https://www.hummus-amamamusi.pl/

Actually if you go to jewish district (Kazimierz) you can find a lot of good places 

Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018