Options

KRAKÓW - travel tips and other info

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    this will be THE show..u heard it here first..
    Why do you think this will be THE show?
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    we work on the preparty,,will be the best one.,.plus after party
    Are pre parties usually the day before? Really having trouble fitting in travel and sightseeing... 
    in europe yes,,cos people go in ga line the day of the shows early
    How early does the 10C GA line usually start to fill up for the European shows?  I imagine it's hard to predict, especially for a place like Krakow where they've never played before.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • Options

because....?
  • Options
    cutz said:

because....?
    Inquiring minds would like to know, Dimitiris.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    edited December 2017
    I think its the new venue and the expected crowd at this show. Usually hyping things like this backfires but hopefully not this time!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Can I get a head count on who is going to Auschwitz and what dates are you going? Also what day were you going? I am thinking of doing this on the 4th but would miss the Berlin preparty doing so. The other option is to do it on the 2nd by catching a night train/bus after the show but that would make for a long day depending on how much sleep we would get on our travels. 

Edit: Also it would be great to know if you are doing the tour on your own and finding your own way there or paying for an all in package from Krakow. Seems like most start at 8:00am and finish at 4:00pm 
    I have a friend from krakow who is friends with a tour operator for Auschwitz. Maybe we can get a party together and get a deal?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Nobody knows what show will be what.I Think dimi has hope it will be good but can we stop acting like he has some magical power to see the future.  Normally new venues get great shows. And polish fans are fanatics. Its probably based on that. Not because dimi has super powers. Well he has super power with blonde ladies  ;)
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Are pre parties usually the day before? Really having trouble fitting in travel and sightseeing... 
    How early does the 10C GA line usually start to fill up for the European shows?  I imagine it's hard to predict, especially for a place like Krakow where they've never played before.

Expect G.A European queues from the night before. The whole last tour that was the case. Thats a fact
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    PJNB said:

Expect G.A European queues from the night before. The whole last tour that was the case. Thats a fact

Really? Oh man. I need my sleep.....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    cutz said:
    cutz said:

because....?
    some things when comes to shows,moon,performances and setlist is obvius..eddie put alot of effort to make the set..
    we are talking after alot of years the band plays to a place never played in the past..
    nothing to do with the rest of the tour which the band plays in a huge cities or capitals of the country..
    old town,with horse cars in the center of the main square..plus the great history this place has,with Auschwiz near by and all..
    this place is like a fairytail..
    this will be the Moline of europe..something special will happen

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    cutz said:
    cutz said:

because....?
    some things when comes to shows,moon,performances and setlist is obvius..eddie put alot of effort to make the set..
    we are talking after alot of years the band plays to a place never played in the past..
    nothing to do with the rest of the tour which the band plays in a huge cities or capitals of the country..
    old town,with horse cars in the center of the main square..plus the great history this place has,with Auschwiz near by and all..

Hoping Stone writes the setlist like he did in Quebec. That was epic!
  • Options
    timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    PJNB said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:

because....?

Hoping Stone writes the setlist like he did in Quebec. That was epic!
    Hoping for Dirty Frank, or, if Jeff is up for it...Sweet Lew!!!
  • Options
    Can't Keep, Save You, LBC, Cropduster, etc... ;)
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    THIS
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    THIS
    fuck yeah!1this would be the most epic show ever!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,892
    edited December 2017
    I swear as each year goes by riot act is getting better and better. It is now my no.1 favourite album. Ive found that songs matt is involved with  im diggin more and more. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    Hope you are right Dimi..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    THIS
    Fuck yeah, is right. 
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 768
    cutz said:
    THIS
    Fuck yeah, is right. 
    Oh well. Welcome to my home town :)
  • Options
    IZIIZI Kraków Posts: 101
    PJNB said:
    Thinking of doing this now. Arriving in Prague the day of the show. Getting situated and explore the city. Stay at the hotel after the show. Explore the city again on the 2nd. Get a night train into Krakow. Explore the city Stay in the hotel after the show. Do the Auschwitz/Salt Mine tour the next day and do the train night train on the 4th to Berlin. 
    I think it is not to easy to make Auschwitz and Wieliczka Salt Mine in one day, belive me
    PJ 1996 Warszawa, 2000 Katowice 1 ,2007 Chorzów, 2010 Gdynia, 2014 Gdynia, 2018 Amsterdam 1+2, Londyn 1, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Londyn 2
    EV 2019 Amsterdam 1+2, Florence, Barolo, Berlin, Dusseldorf 
  • Options
    If somebody wants to know something about Kraków ask me.Welcome to my home town too :)
    PJ 1996 Warszawa, 2000 Katowice 1 ,2007 Chorzów, 2010 Gdynia, 2014 Gdynia, 2018 Amsterdam 1+2, Londyn 1, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Londyn 2
  • Options
    IZI said:
    PJNB said:
    Thinking of doing this now. Arriving in Prague the day of the show. Getting situated and explore the city. Stay at the hotel after the show. Explore the city again on the 2nd. Get a night train into Krakow. Explore the city Stay in the hotel after the show. Do the Auschwitz/Salt Mine tour the next day and do the train night train on the 4th to Berlin. 
    I think it is not to easy to make Auschwitz and Wieliczka Salt Mine in one day, belive me
    65 Euros and it is a 10 hour tour pick up and drop off included. It would be a long day but if I am doing the night train/bus that night on the 4th it would be doable. I think Auschwitz is a 8 hour tour and 35 Euros. Would you recommend the salt mines going off of this?
  • Options
    I think I will miss out Auschwitz this time, and take my kuds when they are a bit older. If anyone fancies meeting for the salt mines, I'll be up for that 
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJNB said:
    Can I get a head count on who is going to Auschwitz and what dates are you going? Also what day were you going? I am thinking of doing this on the 4th but would miss the Berlin preparty doing so. The other option is to do it on the 2nd by catching a night train/bus after the show but that would make for a long day depending on how much sleep we would get on our travels. 

Edit: Also it would be great to know if you are doing the tour on your own and finding your own way there or paying for an all in package from Krakow. Seems like most start at 8:00am and finish at 4:00pm 
    I’m going to take night train from Prague on 2nd which gets you in to Krakow at 6AM on 3rd. Since I won’t be able to cheque into hotel at that time might go straight to Auschwitz for first tour. I think you can actually disembark night train in Auschwitz but that leaves you sitting around at 5:00 AM until it opens. Doing it this way gets me back to Krakow by mid/late afternoon to hang out in main square until showtime. Might have to sacrifice an early GA lineup depending on what time 10c members are allowed in to the show...waaay too much to see on this leg of the tour.
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,945
    I think I will miss out Auschwitz this time, and take my kuds when they are a bit older. If anyone fancies meeting for the salt mines, I'll be up for that 
    I'd agree. PJ tour is time to party. Auschwitz will not put you in the right mood to do that.

BS44325 said:
    PJNB said:

I’m going to take night train from Prague on 2nd which gets you in to Krakow at 6AM on 3rd. Since I won’t be able to cheque into hotel at that time might go straight to Auschwitz for first tour. I think you can actually disembark night train in Auschwitz but that leaves you sitting around at 5:00 AM until it opens. Doing it this way gets me back to Krakow by mid/late afternoon to hang out in main square until showtime. Might have to sacrifice an early GA lineup depending on what time 10c members are allowed in to the show...waaay too much to see on this leg of the tour.
    No way would I be in the queue for GA if you have limited time in Krakow. So much to see and do there and you can go in when doors open and still get a good spot on the floor.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    IZI said:
    PJNB said:
    65 Euros and it is a 10 hour tour pick up and drop off included. It would be a long day but if I am doing the night train/bus that night on the 4th it would be doable. I think Auschwitz is a 8 hour tour and 35 Euros. Would you recommend the salt mines going off of this?
    of course it's possible in one day but is isn't so easy.
    I'm deffinatelly recomends Auschwitz with guide(it's possible only in special hours).Auschwitz with road you need absolutely minimum 5,5-6 hours.Salt mains Wieliczka you need 2,5-3 hours in Wieliczka,but you need come back to Kraków(by bus to the city centrum minimum 0,5 h) but you want catch night train….no to much time but still possible…
    Auschwitz I recomend buy ticket with transport but Wieliczka is possible yourself(ticket via inetrnet and directly train from Main Kraków station to Wieliczka 23-42 minutes -deppend of train- one or two train every hour)
  • Options
    What is kids age??Salt main it's big impression for everybody
    And Auschitz I'm not recomend in the day of PJ show
  • Options
    IZI said:9
    They are 6 and 8 and not coming on tour this time. We only live in UK so very close and easy to come back. It doesn't feel right for me to cone to Auschwitz this time, I will be buzzing from Prague and excited about Krakow gig, I don' think my head will be in the right place to give a visit to Auschwitz the respect needed. But for those coming from Us  or Canada it is a long trip so you want yo try and fit lots in.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    IZI said:
    PJNB said:
    IZI said:
    PJNB said:
    of course it's possible in one day but is isn't so easy.
    I'm deffinatelly recomends Auschwitz with guide(it's possible only in special hours).Auschwitz with road you need absolutely minimum 5,5-6 hours.Salt mains Wieliczka you need 2,5-3 hours in Wieliczka,but you need come back to Kraków(by bus to the city centrum minimum 0,5 h) but you want catch night train….no to much time but still possible…
    Auschwitz I recomend buy ticket with transport but Wieliczka is possible yourself(ticket via inetrnet and directly train from Main Kraków station to Wieliczka 23-42 minutes -deppend of train- one or two train every hour)
    I was looking at a guided tour that picks you up at your hotel and drops you off at your hotel. Both sites is a combined 10 hours including travel. This would get me back to Krakow at 6:00pm on the 4th with plenty of time to check out the city and catch a night train/bus I would imagine. 

This is the site I was looking at guess it is 57 Euros and lunch is included. http://krakowshuttle.com/krakow-tours/auschwitz-salt-mine-one-day-tour/?gclid=CjwKCAiApdPRBRAdEiwA84bo3zQg5V528CnW0ED2hCccpfUra2JJGeRzR-qIPy7DYu58-INOGm4u5xoCeKIQAvD_BwE
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    IZI said:9
    They are 6 and 8 and not coming on tour this time. We only live in UK so very close and easy to come back. It doesn't feel right for me to cone to Auschwitz this time, I will be buzzing from Prague and excited about Krakow gig, I don' think my head will be in the right place to give a visit to Auschwitz the respect needed. But for those coming from Us  or Canada it is a long trip so you want yo try and fit lots in.

Ok I understood that you think about visit Auschwitz witk kids.Auschwitz in a day of show it isn't good idea in my opinion