Roy Moore

12345679»

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    lolobugg said:
    mrussel1 said:
    If the basis of his lawsuit was that there was widespread frauds (because the coloreds voted...), what in sam hell does a polygraph have to do with his argument?  Obviously it has nothing to do with it, except trying to create a PR angle.  
    how could this have happened???
    the coloreds can vote?
    when did this happen?
    this isn't in the bible is it?
    Not just the coloreds got to vote 
    But also women and homos
    And leftists, commies, pinkos, and the reds

Nope nothing in the bible
    We need a recount
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    lolobugg said:
    mrussel1 said:
    If the basis of his lawsuit was that there was widespread frauds (because the coloreds voted...), what in sam hell does a polygraph have to do with his argument?  Obviously it has nothing to do with it, except trying to create a PR angle.  
    the coloreds can vote?
    when did this happen?
    But also women and homos

We need a recount
    Great point by both of you.  The pinko commie hippies were most definitely not given human rights in the Bible.  There is no mention of them whatsoever.  God is very clear in his omission.  
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    mrussel1 said:
    lolobugg said:
    mrussel1 said:
    the coloreds can vote?
    when did this happen?
    But also women and homos

We need a recount
    Great point by both of you.  The pinko commie hippies were most definitely not given human rights in the Bible.  There is no mention of them whatsoever.  God is very clear in his omission.  
    "Blessed are the meek"? 

;) 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    JC29856 said:
    Who gives a fuck he lost it fair & square unlike the other fool your siding with now the one & only orange bafoon ..
    How did he not win fair and square?
    i suppose that is still under investigation
  • As we reach 2018 we should remember Roy Moore lost interest in us 2004 years ago.
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904

I'll bet Roy Moore is spending his New Year's Eve at a food court somewhere.  He loves food courts.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    RYME said:

I'll bet Roy Moore is spending his New Year's Eve at a food court somewhere.  He loves food courts.
    Haha! I think he loves the teenage waitresses more.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergs said:
    RYME said:

Haha! I think he loves the teenage waitresses more.
    I think he’s at Randy Paul’s House.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    JC29856 said:
    Who gives a fuck he lost it fair & square unlike the other fool your siding with now the one & only orange bafoon ..
    lol yeah 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JC29856 said:
    lol yeah 
    Did he not win the electoral college?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    This old peanut farmer gets it.....

https://youtu.be/4cEQSkmGV-Q
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    PERFECT!!!!!
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2018/01/02/meet-roy-moores-jewish-attorney-he-campaigned-for-his-friend-doug-jones/?utm_term=.f28f502892ad

Richard Jaffe, a prominent defense lawyer in Alabama, represented senate candidate Roy Moore’s son Caleb in a drug-possession case in 2016.

But Jaffe wasn’t a part of the conservative firebrand’s Senate campaign. Nor is he close to the family. In fact, Jaffe campaigned for the Democrat in the race, Doug Jones, a close friend of his for 30 years.

So Jaffe, who is Jewish, didn’t know what to make of a defensive comment made by Moore’s wife, Kayla, the night before the state’s hotly contested special election in December, that “One of our attorneys is a Jew,” as an apparent response to accusations of anti-Semitism.

“My reaction to that, irrespective of who they were referring to, was rather shocked,” Jaffe said in a phone interview. “I was certainly disturbed. Not personally, but as a member of a minority.”

Jaffe wasn’t alone: The episode drew jeers and criticism from a wide range of observers as the campaign neared its final stretch.

Jaffe says he doesn’t know whether Kayla was referring to him, although dozens of people sent clips of the remark and stories about the ensuing controversy, assuming it was him.

“I don’t know if they were referring to me or not, I really don’t,” he said. “All I know is that there have been a lot of people and news organizations trying to identify that person, the Jewish lawyer. They haven’t been able to yet.”
    1:29
    Kayla Moore: 'One of our attorneys is a Jew'

Kayla Moore, wife of Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, said, "One of our attorneys is a Jew" during a final campaign event on Dec. 11. (AP)

[‘One of our attorneys is a Jew’: Kayla Moore’s proof that Roy Moore is no anti-Semite]

Besides the legal connection — the charges against Caleb Moore were dropped in 2016 after he agreed to enter a diversion program — Jaffe would be a strange reference point for the Moores. He said he did not have a personal relationship with Roy Moore, although he has known the former judge for about a decade professionally in the relatively small legal world in Alabama.

“I’ve never socialized with him,” Jaffe said.

Jaffe said he has known Doug Jones for 30 years, during which they worked together on numerous cases as lawyers in Birmingham. Jaffe was the master of ceremonies when Jones was inducted as a United States attorney in 1997. And during his friend’s Senate run, he handed out fliers, made phone calls and donated and raised money for the campaign.

Jaffe said he was standing next to Jones when his surprise victory over Roy Moore was announced and said he plans to attend Jones’s swearing in on Wednesday in Washington after being invited to a seat in the gallery of the Senate chambers.

“We’re pretty close,” Jaffe said. “We’re in frequent contact.”

Jaffe said he did not discuss Kayla Moore’s comments with Jones, figuring Jones had more pressing issues on which to focus.

Perhaps intended to rebut criticism of comments Roy Moore made about financier George Soros, Kayla Moore’s comments capped a contentious and wrenching campaign that had been galvanized, in part, by accusations that her husband had initiated sexual contact with teenage girls when he was an assistant district attorney decades ago.

Moore said that Soros, a frequent target of the far-right who is Jewish, was pushing an agenda that was “sexual in nature,” and was “going to the same place that people who don’t recognize God and morality and accept his salvation are going.”

Kayla Moore, speaking at a rally with her husband behind her, said that “Fake news would tell you that we don’t care for Jews.”

“I tell you all this because I’ve seen it all, and I just want to set the record straight while they’re all here,” she said, waving to the reporters and television cameras in the room before making the comment about the attorney, whom she did not name.

Jaffe’s story has emerged in recent days in media accounts.

A native of Birmingham, the 67-year-old does not consider himself very religious but said that he is a member of one of the synagogues in town and that his Jewish identity is widely known in the city, which does not have a large Jewish community.

“We’re a pretty Jewish family,” he said.

[How conservative media reacted to Roy Moore’s stunning loss]

In a recent piece for the Forward newspaper about Jaffe, Liz Brody, a Jewish writer from Alabama, said that Kayla Moore’s comments “drew national attention to our reality.”

“In Alabama, Jewishness is strange and delicate, and the Jewish attorney, by merit of his mention, has come to represent all the Jews of the state,” she said.

Brody wrote that she wondered what kind of Jewish lawyer would be working for Roy Moore, who has made his Christian identity a centerpiece of his far-right politics.

“Was this a New York Jew lawyer? A convert-to-Christianity lawyer? A zealous advocate in the office and a messianic Jew in the pews, praying to Jesus Christ?” Brody wrote.

Although Jaffe and Jones worked on numerous cases together, they also worked on opposite sides of the bench on the high-profile case of Eric Rudolph, who was convicted of the bombing of an Alabama abortion clinic that happened during Jones’s tenure as U.S. attorney. Jaffe, who has worked on dozens of capital punishment cases in Alabama and wrote a book critical of the death penalty, served as Rudolph’s lead attorney for 14 months, although Jones was no longer the U.S. attorney by the time Rudolph was apprehended.

Doug Jones at his campaign headquarters in Birmingham, Ala., in early December. (Jim Watson/AFP/Getty Images)

Still, Jones paid close attention to the case, Jaffe said.

“Doug was instrumental to doing everything he could to making sure Eric Rudolph got the full measure of justice, whatever that included,” Jaffe said. “Doug and I have never discussed that.”

The two were together during Jones’s election-night party; Jaffe snapped a photo of Jones on his phone the moment the news of his victory was announced, he said.

“I was about as elated as anyone could be,” Jaffe said. “Doug’s lifelong ambition has been to be a U.S. senator. He can bridge the gaps between people. He’s a healer, he’s reasonable, and he’s exceptionally smart.”

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    lolobugg said:
    mrussel1 said:
    the coloreds can vote?
    when did this happen?
    :lol:
    tbergs said:
    :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited January 2018
    JC29856 said:
    Jason P said:
    Ol' Roy rode a horse to the polls and it is CLEAR he has no idea how too ride a horse.  I don't have a video link, but this would be the equivalent if he tried to ride a motorcycle to the polls ....

terrible!

(click at your own risk!)
    Most likely it was a crisp cool morning and that horse Sassy was acting all goosey,,because all the media and all the cameramen and cameras shutters popping off there.
    Or maybe it's because Sassy does not like sex offenders and fears that she might be next. Ha Ha Ha!!!
    It's probably a combination of both. B)
    Just look at the look in that horse's eyes. When you can see the white rims all the way around in each eye of a horse Lookout!!
    Post edited by RYME on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Good.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/woman-who-accused-roy-moore-of-sexual-misconduct-sues-him-for-defamation/2018/01/04/3a9430ce-f0f3-11e7-90ed-77167c6861f2_story.html?utm_term=.e5c2d6cf59b9&wpisrc=al_politics__alert-politics&wpmk=1

Woman who accused Roy Moore of sexual misconduct sues him for defamation

Senate candidate Roy Moore, with his wife Kayla Moore, talk to the media after voting and arriving by horse at the Gallant Volunteer Fire Department in Gallant, Ala. on Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017. (Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post)
    By Beth Reinhard January 4 at 4:40 PM

In a lawsuit that echoes a civil case against President Trump, an Alabama woman on Thursday sued failed U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore and his campaign for defamation, citing harsh personal attacks she faced after coming forward with allegations he touched her sexually when she was 14 years old.

Leigh Corfman is not seeking financial compensation beyond legal costs. She is asking for a declaratory judgment of defamation, a public apology from Moore, and a court-enforced ban on him or his campaign publicly attacking her again. She said in a statement that the suit seeks “to do what I could not do as a 14-year-old — hold Mr. Moore and those who enable him accountable.” 

A representative of Moore’s campaign, Brett Doster, said he had no immediate comment on the lawsuit, filed in state court in Montgomery County, Ala.

Corfman told The Washington Post in November that when Moore was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney in 1979, he took her to his house, undressed her, touched her over her underpants and bra and guided her hand to touch his genitals over his underwear.

Moore has called Corfman’s allegations of  abuse “politically motivated,” “completely false” and “malicious.” On Nov. 10, the day after the story published, he told Sean Hannity of Fox News he had never met Corfman but he did not rule out that he might have dated older teenagers when he was in his 30s. .

Five women, including Corfman, told The Post that Moore pursued them when they were teenagers.

The allegations upended the race and helped Democrats capture the seat for the first time in 25 years. On Election Day, exit polls showed 52 percent of voters in Alabama believed the allegations were probably or definitely true, and seven percent said those allegations were the most important factor in deciding their vote. 

Corfman’s suit — filed one day after Moore’s former opponent, Doug Jones, took the oath of office — represents a fledgling legal frontier where people who say they were victimized long ago are litigating their claims through defamation lawsuits. The strategy allows them to proceed even after the statute of limitations has run out for criminal charges or for a suit seeking damages for sexual abuse, as it has in Corfman’s case..

The defamation suit against Trump was brought by Summer Zervos, a former contestant on the reality show “The Apprentice” who says he kissed and groped her in 2007. The lawsuit centers on the president’s combative response during the 2016 campaign. Trump called the claims by multiple women that he had touched them improperly “big lies” and he called the women “liars.” A judge in New York State Supreme Court is weighing Trump’s motion to dismiss the case. 

Zervos’s attorney, Gloria Allred, has said that a defamation case she and attorney Mariann Meier Wang settled in New York in 2015 is “an important precedent.” In that case, two former ballboys accused a Syracuse University basketball coach of defaming them after they spoke up about alleged sexual abuse.

Allred also represents a woman who accused Moore of kissing and groping her when she was 16 years old. At a news conference, Beverly Young Nelson produced her high school yearbook containing an inscription she said was written by Moore to prove that he knew her, though she later acknowledged adding the location, date and initials “D.A.” after the signature.

Comedian Bill Cosby has also been sued for defamation in cases that involve allegations of abuse years ago ago. A federal judge in Pennsylvania last year tossed out a suit filed by a woman who said Cosby defamed her in the media after she accused him of drugging and sexually assaulting her. A separate defamation lawsuit, filed in 2014 by several women who say Cosby sexually assaulted them, is pending in Massachusetts.

Under a landmark Supreme Court ruling, the legal standard for defamation of a public figure is that the statements were known to be false or showed a “reckless disregard for the truth,” experts say. The standard is lower for defaming a private individual — negligence toward the truth  —though Corfman’s suit claims Moore’s comments meet the higher standard.

Corfman’s lawsuit cites numerous negative comments made by Moore and five top campaign allies, including campaign manager Rich Hobson, who announced Wednesday that he is running for Congress.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Maybe one of Roy's supporters thought it was time to move on to the book of Revelations? The wrath of God is swift and just.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/05/us/fire-home-of-roy-moore-accuser/index.html
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JC29856 said:
    Common workplace polar opposites!

https://ballotpedia.org/Net_worth_of_United_States_Senators_and_Representatives

2011 Avg Common Workplace net worth of your common polar opposite senator $14,013,596* (Dems $13M GOP $7M)
    * Average salary $174,000

“Ballotpedia?” News alert! Wow 3D is on to something. Members of the senate are wealthy! Wow! Who knew!
    #nowayjose
This discussion has been closed.