People today

For those of you out there who do not believe in miracles, I am living proof that they do exist......I just spent 2 hrs on my one day off this week, raking 3 full bags of leaves......
And I don't have a tree
To add to the irony, this fact didn't go unnoticed by my neighbour, home for the day (doesn't work because you know, that back injury from awhile back), who I haven't spoken to in probably at least 5 years.....
As he felt compelled with stating the obvious, I looked up and admired the beauty of his bare tree sitting on his front lawn and we shared a chuckle
And then I punched him in the throat
(didn't really....but thought did cross my mind)
People today.....
Don't even get me started on watching older people use their tunnel vision as they try to find a parking spot at the local drug store on Senior Discount Day....it only stands to reason that as we age, we would still have the same motor and sensory skills we possessed when we took a test 60 some odd years before....right?

'93 Toronto
'94 Detroit
'10 Columbus
'11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
'13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
'14 Detroit
'16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
'18 Chicago 1 and 2
'22 Hamilton, Toronto

Comments

• Get off my lawn!
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I do get irritated in those situations, but as I watch our older kitty getting up there, and the health stuff my dad went through, and the current shit my mom is experiencing, sometimes you just need to cut people a break.

Hell, there's shit I can't do because of back issues that have gotten worse over the past few years.

I know I'd appreciate the favor were I in that position, but man...I'd feel like shit if I found out that person cursed me for it inside their mind.

That said, I laughed at mookey's comment.  Go, Kowalski!

• maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    My comment was all meant in good fun (my neighbour is actually younger than me and I'm in my late 40's)....I'm truly fascinated by what people say and do and watching the human mind at work ...I think that just as I've gotten older, I've morphed into that person that has little tolerance for people's stupidity or simplicity....think, use a filter., and be aware of your surroundings....it must be a sign of age lol
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    edited November 2017
    For those of you out there who do not believe in miracles, I am living proof that they do exist......I just spent 2 hrs on my one day off this week, raking 3 full bags of leaves......
    And I don't have a tree
    To add to the irony, this fact didn't go unnoticed by my neighbour, home for the day (doesn't work because you know, that back injury from awhile back), who I haven't spoken to in probably at least 5 years.....
    As he felt compelled with stating the obvious, I looked up and admired the beauty of his bare tree sitting on his front lawn and we shared a chuckle
    And then I punched him in the throat
    (didn't really....but thought did cross my mind)
    People today.....
    Don't even get me started on watching older people use their tunnel vision as they try to find a parking spot at the local drug store on Senior Discount Day....it only stands to reason that as we age, we would still have the same motor and sensory skills we possessed when we took a test 60 some odd years before....right?

Damn old people!  Good fer nothin!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

And the young, they can lose hope 'cause they can't see beyond today,
    The wisdom that the old can't give away
    Hey,
    Constant recoil, sometimes life
    Don't leave you alone.

LBC
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    @Wobbie

i assume this is about him with all the elderly talk. 
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    edited November 2017
    ♪ Jee-pers, cree-pers
    What to do about them, geeeezers? 

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    if the “maynard” you’re talking about is the tool tool, I’m with you!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Hrrrmph and :angry:
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    brianlux said:
    ♪ Jee-pers, cree-pers
    What to do about them, geeeezers? ♪
    :lol:  Brian, you rock!

My comment was all meant in good fun (my neighbour is actually younger than me and I'm in my late 40's)....I'm truly fascinated by what people say and do and watching the human mind at work ...I think that just as I've gotten older, I've morphed into that person that has little tolerance for people's stupidity or simplicity....think, use a filter., and be aware of your surroundings....it must be a sign of age lol
    You expect me to think? And use a filter? And be aware of my surroundings too?
    Them are some high expectations you got there. I have yet to accomplish any one of those. ;)

As far as tolerating people...I stay away from those I can't. The rest, I just assume they're having a bad day and try to make them smile. I figure, I'm a pain in the ass just as much as anyone else so I can relate. :smiley:

It also helps that I do or say some major dumb shit on a regular basis, so I'm never surprised when someone else does it. And why I'm so forgiving. 

Note: Being batshit crazy may give me a slight advantage. :dizzy:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I stay outside waiting for the leafs to fall so I can rake them as soon as they hit the ground sometimes they fall right into the bag it does get tiring waiting for them to fall specially difficult on windy days , I have to run around trying to bag them ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    brianlux said:
    ♪ Jee-pers, cree-pers

Them are some high expectations you got there. I have yet to accomplish any one of those. ;)

As far as tolerating people...I stay away from those I can't. The rest, I just assume they're having a bad day and try to make them smile. I figure, I'm a pain in the ass just as much as anyone else so I can relate. :smiley:

It also helps that I do or say some major dumb shit on a regular basis, so I'm never surprised when someone else does it. And why I'm so forgiving. 

Even more so. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    "They're the worst."
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I know you're not a dick.  And I completely see where you're coming from; I'm the same in ways, in terms of less tolerance.  But, opposite side of the same coin, I find I forgive more as I too get older, and hope others will grant me the same.

It's all a puzzle, and sometimes the pieces don't fit ;)
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    That last one was from around 6 hours ago but my phone decided to reject my post. I figured it's faster to just post than delete. Now, where was I? Oh yeah....

dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    ♪ Jee-pers, cree-pers

Even more so. 
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    ♪ Jee-pers, cree-pers

Even more so. 
    I can't really argue that one but I'm worth it in so many ways. Now run along. Go watch some cute bunnies running around. That always cheers me up. :smiley: