Options

2017/18 NBA Thread

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,977
    Don’t know what year this is from but guessing early 80’s?
    Denver and Cleveland are throwing me off 

The team name of the Washington Bullets was the greatest name ever IMO.
    That name actually came from when the team was in Baltimore. It's a reference to the Phoenix Shot Tower, a National Landmark in Baltimore, for its role in producing shot balls.
    I prefer it to be how DC starts shit and shoots people, lol.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    stupidest nickname "Playoff P" and he gave that too himself
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Westbrook?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    Hey Utah: Pick a court and stick with it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    Westbrook?
    Paul George
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Imagine thinking that Carmelo could actually help a team.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 614
    I stand by my long standing opinion that Russell Westbrook is the most overrated player in modern NBA history. This Jazz series is making my point fairly obvious. Dude has zero leadership ability and is the most immature "Superstar" I've ever witnessed. The fact that some people put him in the same conversation as LeBron, KD, Curry, Davis, Harden, etc is beyond me. When Paul George, who's overrated himself leaves town in the summer there's literally no other semi star player who'll ever play with Russ. OKC will be a 35 win team next year, mark it down now.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    JK_Livin said:
    Imagine thinking that Carmelo could actually help a team.

He is a turd and has always been a turd.

Also agree with Lastexit about Westbrook.....to an extent....

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    I stand by my long standing opinion that Russell Westbrook is the most overrated player in modern NBA history. This Jazz series is making my point fairly obvious. Dude has zero leadership ability and is the most immature "Superstar" I've ever witnessed. The fact that some people put him in the same conversation as LeBron, KD, Curry, Davis, Harden, etc is beyond me. When Paul George, who's overrated himself leaves town in the summer there's literally no other semi star player who'll ever play with Russ. OKC will be a 35 win team next year, mark it down now.
    to paraphrase one of my favorite sports movies 'Westbrook rather look good and lose"

and when did the Jazz become orange yellow and black or whatever the fuck those uniforms are supposed to be?:
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,491
    Anyone watching the games??..both are derby..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Agree 100% and he showed his true colours when Rubio got a Triple Double against him and he put stopping Rubio ahead of playing as a team and trying to win. He had 4 fouls early and forgot that the Jazz are a VERY GOOD TEAM. 
    I was watching Philly yesterday and if Simmons played like Westbrook, he would have stolen at least  6 boards off teammates, but he just waited fort the pass instead of worrying about his stats and still ended up with 10 boards.
    Russ's season averages of Triple Doubles holds ZERO significance for me and unless he changes how he plays, he will never win a title
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    No Coder said:
    Agree 100% and he showed his true colours when Rubio got a Triple Double against him and he put stopping Rubio ahead of playing as a team and trying to win. He had 4 fouls early and forgot that the Jazz are a VERY GOOD TEAM. 
    I was watching Philly yesterday and if Simmons played like Westbrook, he would have stolen at least  6 boards off teammates, but he just waited fort the pass instead of worrying about his stats and still ended up with 10 boards.
    Russ's season averages of Triple Doubles holds ZERO significance for me and unless he changes how he plays, he will never win a title
    I love Westbrook but hate his personal demons.  If he could be slightly less selfish and NOT do it all himself then he'd be an all-time great.

His averaging a triple double 2 years in a row is still a stupid feat and should be admired regardless of the post season failure or success.
  • Options
    The Cavs/Indiana game shows why Lebron is the best and pisses me off at the same time.

Great ending, sure.  Put them away though when you were 10 points up...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    That was fucking awesome. The block and the shot 
  • Options
    No Coder said:
    I love Westbrook but hate his personal demons.  If he could be slightly less selfish and NOT do it all himself then he'd be an all-time great.

His averaging a triple double 2 years in a row is still a stupid feat and should be admired regardless of the post season failure or success.
    Look, I think Westbrook is an athletic freak and is very good at basketball. Unfortunately his bball IQ is not on the same tier as the absolute best players in the game, and this hurts him. His aggro, ultra athletic game style will only last so long and then he will drop off a cliff if he can't adjust his game.

This years triple double feats, get no admiration from me as they are not in the best interests of his teams results. Last season, I did think his feats were more valuable to OKC and deserve more respect.But with the addition of PG and Carmelo, he and Donovan needed to adjust OKC's way of playing. 
    His rebound stats are a joke though. They do not come in the natural flow of the game, but are chased for stat purposes.

• Options
    45 points for Russ today on 39 shots!! at 43%

Yes, they won, but Brewer shot the ball 4 times, Adams 6 times, who all shoot in their spots at decent %

Can't stand watching his type of basketball

• Options
    No Coder said:
    45 points for Russ today on 39 shots!! at 43%

Yes, they won, but Brewer shot the ball 4 times, Adams 6 times, who all shoot in their spots at decent %

Can't stand watching his type of basketball

He proved his point, lol.

I hope that Rubio lights him up the next game.
  • Options
    Bucks looks determined..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    that shit was turrible.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    *goaltend
    Fuck Lebron.
    Go Pacers!
  • Options
    *goaltend
    Fuck Lebron.
    Go Pacers!
    Watch it again hater... Block was clean.  He's been doing that shit since High School, thought you knew?
  • Options
    *goaltend
    Fuck Lebron.
    Go Pacers!
    Watch it again hater... Block was clean.  He's been doing that shit since High School, thought you knew?
    Nope, NBA said it was a goaltend.  And damn right, I'm hating.  That's MY team that got screwed!
  • Options
    I keep looking for a better slower look at it.  It looks like he throws the ball up but doesn't go off the glass?  I can't see it...

Go Lebron.
  • Options
    I keep looking for a better slower look at it.  It looks like he throws the ball up but doesn't go off the glass?  I can't see it...

Go Lebron.
    Doesn't really matter what you can see. NBA said it hit the glass and should have been called a goaltend.  Pacers got screwed. That play in that situation is put under a microscope any other time except Wednesday night.  Wonder why?
  • Options

Go Lebron.
    Doesn't really matter what you can see. NBA said it hit the glass and should have been called a goaltend.  Pacers got screwed. That play in that situation is put under a microscope any other time except Wednesday night.  Wonder why?
    Woah... So the missed call on the other end just before that didn't screw the Cavs?  You know where the ball bounced on the baseline so lebron let it go but they called it in?

NBA said that was a missed call too.  Call that one right and the Oladipo layup doesn't happen.

• Options

Go Lebron.
    Woah... So the missed call on the other end just before that didn't screw the Cavs?  You know where the ball bounced on the baseline so lebron let it go but they called it in?

NBA said that was a missed call too.  Call that one right and the Oladipo layup doesn't happen.

So let's say they get that call correct.  That gives the Cavs the ball with 27 to go and 17 on the shot clock.  Even if Lebron (or anyone) sinks a shot then, Indiana gets their fair opportunity to win or go to OT.  They didn't get that opportunity with the blown goaltending call.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422

Go Lebron.

I was wondering when someone was gonna bring up that miss call. 

Who knows what would've happen if the Cavs retained the ball, like they should've, but it should've been their ball before the Oladipo block by LeBron James. And i didn't care who won the game.
  • Options
    Last 12 min of Lebron???
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    There's another game..my bad, but its 5 in the morning here..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.