Options

Backspacer Question

WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 493
is there a way to tell if it's white vinyl without opening it? 

*please no responses with just open it. i have a reason. thanks. 
First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94

Comments

• Options
    I have a hound that specializes in detecting white lacquer. I rent him out for $300 per hour. PM me if interested!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Don't recall any of the regular and special editions being marked differently. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited November 2017
    The answer is no. I have both the black and white sealed (both purchased from Ten Club), and there's not the smallest sign of a difference.
    I store the original receipt from TC that says white vinyl next to the white copy, so I can distinguish them.
    So, if you got one of uncertain origin, sealed, no way to tell it without opening it.
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I have an unused white backspacer if anyone is interested. 
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    The answer is no. I have both the black and white sealed (both purchased from Ten Club), and there's not the smallest sign of a difference.
    I store the original receipt from TC that says white vinyl next to the white copy, so I can distinguish them.
    So, if you got one of uncertain origin, sealed, no way to tell it without opening it.
    Great thinking- just remember to white out the price (both sides of the receipt so they can’t see through from the back) before you flip it.  Don’t want that loser to see your income!

jk :)
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,991
    I've heard there are a lot of fakes on ebay for this reason. Buyer opens it, find a black record, seller claims "that's what I was told!"
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,991
    On that note, anyone interested in a white BS, who plans to never open it, I have some at a great price!
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 493
    i bought this from a fellow pj fan (not on ebay or discogs) and he ensures me it's white. he's looking for the receipt/10C email that specifies it. that makes me a little less skeptical about it. but i figured i'd ask if there was any way to tell. 

thanks
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    i bought this from a fellow pj fan (not on ebay or discogs) and he ensures me it's white. he's looking for the receipt/10C email that specifies it. that makes me a little less skeptical about it. but i figured i'd ask if there was any way to tell. 

thanks

• Options

thanks

• Options
    It's no way that you can tell if it's white withthe seal stills on. You have to open iy