RNDM - mia

2»

Comments

• RNDM is by far my favourite of any pj members side. But as a band alone they have chemistry thats rare. A unique street level vibe. Organic i would say. I love them . Jeff hates touring with pj so i can't see them doing much more which is sad i never got to see them here in london. But joe come often. I saw brad here that was almost mystical bec i was 17 listening to shame and then as a 40 year old seeing them live surreal. But again it was the stone attention that detracts from the band as  a whole. Well said pj soul
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • I saw them last at Brighton music hall in 2016. I thought show was great, good turnout and both band and audience had a great time. If there is one band that’s not so much in it for the $, just the creativity and enjoyment of music, I hope it’s them.

they are needed especially within the pj lapses
    4/6/94, 4/10/94, 4/11/94
    9/26/96, 9/28/96, 10/2/96
    6/14/98, 9/13/98, 9/15/98, 9/16/98
    8/3/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00
    7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03
    9/28/04, 9/29/04
    5/24/06, 5/25/06
    6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    5/17/10
    10/15/13, 10/16/13
    8/5/16, 8/7/16
    9/4/18, 9/4/18
  • RNDM is by far my favourite of any pj members side. But as a band alone they have chemistry thats rare. A unique street level vibe. Organic i would say. I love them . Jeff hates touring with pj so i can't see them doing much more which is sad i never got to see them here in london. But joe come often. I saw brad here that was almost mystical bec i was 17 listening to shame and then as a 40 year old seeing them live surreal. But again it was the stone attention that detracts from the band as  a whole. Well said pj soul
    Jeff hates touring with PJ? 
  • AmyDeeAmyDee Alexandria, VA Posts: 24
    Old thread, but wanted to put in my two cents. I saw RNDM at a tiny club in DC in March, 2016. I had no expectations and admit I was only there to see Jeff. I was a bit put off in the beginning by the electronicy sound of the first few songs, and was was just enjoying watching Jeff in a totally new environment. Then they played "Stronger Man."  They brought up a mystery bass player so that Jeff could play keyboards.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wEm3Q2PMmI   Seeing Jeff playing keyboards and Joe's solo at 3:33 blew me away. 

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Didn't it turn out that Tim Bierman was the mystery bass player?  Or am I imagining that?
  • That roadie that ed fired said on fb ages ago jeff hates touring. Just stuck with me. Could have been gossip ?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • AmyDeeAmyDee Alexandria, VA Posts: 24
    I didn’t see where the mystery bass player came from, too enthralled watching Jeff guess, but my husband said that he had seen him earlier working sound/lights further back in the club.  As for the tour, I read a review of the show in The Washington Post, and they quoted Jeff as saying it was fun to do a tour of small clubs, traveling by bus and carrying in boxes of T-shirts. Got the feeling he was enjoying himself. It was just a few weeks before PJ started their Spring 2016 tour. 
  • I guess the comments I read could well have been sour grapes from the fired tech.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    JH6056 said:
    Didn't it turn out that Tim Bierman was the mystery bass player?  Or am I imagining that?
    I thought the mystery bass player was Santos L. Halper
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    ShanKathy said:
    JH6056 said:
    I thought the mystery bass player was Santos L. Halper
    It was Santos, you are correct.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2017
    That roadie that ed fired said on fb ages ago jeff hates touring. Just stuck with me. Could have been gossip ?
    Jeff himself has said it too. Definitely not gossip or sour grapes on the part of the fired tech.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I see . I wonder what his Deal is.? 
    What a great job to have
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

edited November 2017
    I see . I wonder what his Deal is.? 
    What a great job to have
    I don't know, but I'm going to assume it's not about actually playing the shows while on the road, it's the actual slog of touring from city to city and all the inconveniences that come with it. He is probably just the type of guy who hates living out of suitcases, sleeping in different beds every night, and having to ride a bus or a plane every other day. I'm guessing he's just had enough of that in his life and is sick and tired of it. I mean, he obviously tries to make the best of it, but I've seen him a couple times where it seemed kind of of obvious that he was wearing thin. Jeff has had his cranky pants on now and again, usually deep into whatever tour he's on.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I love jeff . Shame really
     He is the only one with no kids also. So there isn't that aspect.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• The tours are so short now as well. The last European one was like 3 weeks?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

I love jeff . Shame really
     He is the only one with no kids also. So there isn't that aspect.
    Yeah, he's got a wife though. Some people are just homebodies.