Options

2016 Holiday Single?

Comments

• Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    CopperTom said:
    It's the RRHoF.  The image leaked already.
    Oh yeah? Where?
    Newsletter. The image behind the die-cut is that of a RnRHOF trophy.

We're makin' a list and checkin it twice. All 2016 Analog Members will be receiving the package in the coming weeks. We apologize for the delay. Good things to come!

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Ok, so when would the 2017 single be sent out? Are we a year behind now?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    So....let's say they do roll the 2016/2017 into something epic....a 10" or 12" EP....and claim that it covers both years--look forward to 2018---yadda, yadda, yadda....

How long before people who were members in 2016 and 2017 are bitching about the people who just became 10C members in 2017 getting the benefit of the delay....? and what about 2016 members who dropped out and didn't get their single?

I don't mean to get people riled up over something that may never happen....wait a minute--that is one of the awesome byproducts of these boards....getting riled up...
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited November 2017
    So....let's say they do roll the 2016/2017 into something epic....a 10" or 12" EP....and claim that it covers both years--look forward to 2018---yadda, yadda, yadda....

How long before people who were members in 2016 and 2017 are bitching about the people who just became 10C members in 2017 getting the benefit of the delay....? and what about 2016 members who dropped out and didn't get their single?

I don't mean to get people riled up over something that may never happen....wait a minute--that is one of the awesome byproducts of these boards....getting riled up...
    I wonder what people reaction was in 1995 in a similar situation.. no internet for bitching around, so maybe they received a lot of angry mail/phone calls?
    anyway, still a lot of time for the 2017 one, that would tipically be out around may-june (or even july) 2018..

Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

I honestly wouldn't care.  I'd be happy for the 2017 newcomers.  It'd be like a little advanced incentive to let the new customers know "Hey when we screw up, we do eventually make up for it."  It's a win-win for everyone.
    But there will most certainly be people who don't think the way I do.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I honestly wouldn't care.  I'd be happy for the 2017 newcomers.  It'd be like a little advanced incentive to let the new customers know "Hey when we screw up, we do eventually make up for it."  It's a win-win for everyone.
    But there will most certainly be people who don't think the way I do.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited November 2017
    Gtilley8 said:
    By the looks of the accompanying image in this month's newsletter, it looks pretty obvious that it's going to be something from the Rock Hall performance
    Curious, why you think this? That image don't hint at anything to me..

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/233891/tomorrows-the-10th/p128

Scroll to the last couple of posts on the page and look at the pictures. Image on the cover seems to be the RRHOF trophy.
    Someone on Facebook started the rumor that it might be a 12 inch of the entire RnRHOF performance.  Yes, it wouldn't be new music, but a pretty cool deal if they did that.  I wouldn't be disappointed, but could see if some were.  

Also, in regards to pressing delays..... You just made nice with Jack White last summer (if you weren't already friends).  He's got a new state of the art pressing plant.  I believe Matt Cameron's LP was pressed there.  No excuse for not reaching out to third man.  Also, for pressing purposes now and in the future, it's pretty lame to not use third man.... In terms of ideals with vinyl, you line up so well, it's really BS to press at a "big box" plant and not with people that take pride in the craft.  Just my opinion.
    If you go further in that thread you'll see that the image is a stencil of the Vault cover over what looks like an image of the RRHOF statue... that would suggest to me they were just rolling the Vault and the Deep cover into one marketing image, not that the single will be from that performance. Never say never... but why would they put a regular style live performance of Alive, Given to Fly, and/or Better Man on the holiday single? I really hope they wouldn't do such a thing.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    PJ_Soul said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    By the looks of the accompanying image in this month's newsletter, it looks pretty obvious that it's going to be something from the Rock Hall performance

Scroll to the last couple of posts on the page and look at the pictures. Image on the cover seems to be the RRHOF trophy.
    Someone on Facebook started the rumor that it might be a 12 inch of the entire RnRHOF performance.  Yes, it wouldn't be new music, but a pretty cool deal if they did that.  I wouldn't be disappointed, but could see if some were.  

Also, in regards to pressing delays..... You just made nice with Jack White last summer (if you weren't already friends).  He's got a new state of the art pressing plant.  I believe Matt Cameron's LP was pressed there.  No excuse for not reaching out to third man.  Also, for pressing purposes now and in the future, it's pretty lame to not use third man.... In terms of ideals with vinyl, you line up so well, it's really BS to press at a "big box" plant and not with people that take pride in the craft.  Just my opinion.
    If you go further in that thread you'll see that the image is a stencil of the Vault cover over what looks like an image of the RRHOF statue... that would suggest to me they were just rolling the Vault and the Deep cover into one marketing image, not that the single will be from that performance. Never say never... but why would they put a regular style live performance of Alive, Given to Fly, and/or Better Man on the holiday single? I really hope they wouldn't do such a thing.

but, but, but it's ALIVE featuring DAVE Krusen!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    edited November 2017
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Gtilley8 said:

but, but, but it's ALIVE featuring DAVE Krusen!!!!
    Lol! Ooohhh yeeeaaahhhh. Well, that makes it all worth it! ... I'm kidding. We have more than enough live versions of those songs on vinyl already, and better versions at that. And as someone else mentioned, that performance was in 2017, not 2016. If this was still their choice, well, their holiday single idea may have finally jumped the shark, if 99 Problems and Shattered didn't already do it! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,044
    I agree with those stating we already have so many live versions of the songs from RRHOF performance.  It would be kinda cool I guess but I would much rather see something really awesome like Murphy's rooftop performance.  Or at least a performance of something we don't have on vinyl yet like Of The Earth.  (a studio version would be nice).  Not another version of Betterman.
  • Options
    Not another version of Betterman.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,935
    edited November 2017
    The RnRHoF show would be a cool RSD release for the public. Well known songs is a plus then.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    The RnRHoF show would be a cool RSD release for the public. Well known songs is a plus then.
    Now that is an idea I can get behind. RSD 2018! Make it happen PJ!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    CopperTom said:
    It's the RRHoF.  The image leaked already.
    Oh yeah? Where?
    Newsletter. The image behind the die-cut is that of a RnRHOF trophy.

We're makin' a list and checkin it twice. All 2016 Analog Members will be receiving the package in the coming weeks. We apologize for the delay. Good things to come!

They must be doing another recheck cause the coming weeks have come and gone 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Its December, people are still waiting on the reissues arriving, this isn't going to arrive this year.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    At this point, it will probably be something live from the 2029 farewell tour.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765

I wonder what people reaction was in 1995 in a similar situation.. no internet for bitching around, so maybe they received a lot of angry mail/phone calls?
    anyway, still a lot of time for the 2017 one, that would tipically be out around may-june (or even july) 2018..

what were the reactions in 2001 when they dropped a four song double 45 on everyone for no other reason than they did?  The single thing is hit or miss
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,365
    Still hope for a single for Chris, in time for Christmas.
  • Options
    TBH, I'm hoping they get Vault 7 out first.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    PJ_Soul said:
    TBH, I'm hoping they get Vault 7 out first.
    Yep.  
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    PB11041 said:

what were the reactions in 2001 when they dropped a four song double 45 on everyone for no other reason than they did?  The single thing is hit or miss
    You see, we paid for something here.. I don't care if in 2001 they put out a double single out of the blue.. that was cool, and I get what you're saying.. BUT the point is that when I pay $50 for my intl analog membership (me, you, and anyone else) I'm paying for something clearly advertised this way: with this money, for this year, you are getting a single + deep magazine, an annual random "gift", a boot download code, and access to presale, tickets, etc.. Well, If they don't put out a single and deep for that year, they are screwing me up, screwing you up, and screwing anyone else up.. come on, this is not difficult to get. Hit or miss? what the hell this even means? this is not a gift, this is something they OWE us, dude, because, well, we paid largely in advance for it.
    Even if they give us a double this year, they still made us wait a year more than advertised.
    Now, like Ed himself once said about another totally unrelated thing, "There are 9.652.412 (or something close) much worse problems in this world.."   but still, this is not fair or right, and justify them is just silly.
  • Options
    PB11041 said:

You see, we paid for something here.. I don't care if in 2001 they put out a double single out of the blue.. that was cool, and I get what you're saying.. BUT the point is that when I pay $50 for my intl analog membership (me, you, and anyone else) I'm paying for something clearly advertised this way: with this money, for this year, you are getting a single + deep magazine, an annual random "gift", a boot download code, and access to presale, tickets, etc.. Well, If they don't put out a single and deep for that year, they are screwing me up, screwing you up, and screwing anyone else up.. come on, this is not difficult to get. Hit or miss? what the hell this even means? this is not a gift, this is something they OWE us, dude, because, well, we paid largely in advance for it.
    Even if they give us a double this year, they still made us wait a year more than advertised.
    Now, like Ed himself once said about another totally unrelated thing, "There are 9.652.412 (or something close) much worse problems in this world.."   but still, this is not fair or right, and justify them is just silly.
    I agree. 
  • Options
    PB11041 said:

#MTCGA
  • Options
    PB11041 said:

I just don't care, I never lose sleep over it.  I am not screwed up by it, it has no material impact on my well being. What does hit or miss even mean?  That some years the single has been great, and some years I'd just as soon not have received it, ergo hit or miss.  

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,880
    I doubt very much anyone is losing sleep over this. That doesn't mean someone can't be curious or ask legitimate questions about it.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

I just don't care, I never lose sleep over it.  I am not screwed up by it, it has no material impact on my well being. What does hit or miss even mean?  That some years the single has been great, and some years I'd just as soon not have received it, ergo hit or miss.  
    That is not a reason for tenclub to not get their shit together. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

Exactly, S_C!

Sure, no one is losing sleep or is in bad health or struggling to put food on the table over the 2016 single... doesn't mean they shouldn't deliver on their promise as advertised.

I've said it three or four times already and I'll keep saying it.  I am closer to paying for my 2019 membership (13 months from now) than when I paid for 2016 (23 months ago), and I still don't have my 2016 membership benefits in full.  That's absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

They can count the 23 people in the fanclub that this is a matter of even remote concern.  

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

They can count the 23 people in the fanclub that this is a matter of even remote concern.  
    I don't know why anyone who payed double the fees for membership wouldn't at least be annoyed with the lack of communication. I think most who are annoyed would be happy if they just acknowledged it, with an announcement of "we havent forgotten the 2016 single. We are working on it, it will be available in February 2018 and we anticipate everyone being pleased with the results."
    A simple "Please update your address" is not adequate communication for something many of us payed for 2 years ago.
  • Options
    Ok, so when would the 2017 single be sent out? Are we a year behind now?

Yes and no.

The cut-off date seems to be 12/31. If someone joins on 12/31/2017, they're eligible for that year's release vs an arbitrary cut-off date earlier in the year so the record can be received around Christmas.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"