Options

Terrorism Attack Lower Manhattan 8 Dead still developing

BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
edited October 2017 in A Moving Train

Truck in Manhattan plows into cyclists; 8 dead, more than a dozen injured police sources say

Manhattan truck attack being investigated as terrorism, sources say 
Post edited by Bentleyspop on

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    came up on my newsfeed, WTF??  wow, thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families :disappointed:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,923
    edited October 2017
    Posts have been deleted. Please see the Posting Guidelines and the sticky post at the top of the forum

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/67751/bombs-dropping-down

Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    very sad news...... watched the story on my lunch break....my thoughts go out to the victims and their families

So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    The photos of the mangled bicycles are heartbreaking
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Unreal sad day in NY thoughts to the people affected 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Just terrible.  This definitely brings back memories of 9/11.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited October 2017
    It takes a sick/twisted asshat to do this...my heart is with those whose lives were affected by that nut job.
  • Options
    Brutal.

Shitbird tried running away. Why run away shitbird? Why not stick around and revel in your glory?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    The creep is alive so hopefully the police can get all info on him to really find out motives , terrorist affiliations etc etc ..
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    The creep is alive so hopefully the police can get all info on him to really find out motives , terrorist affiliations etc etc ..
    Yep, seems like a prime candidate for some quality waterboarding.
  • Options
    Brutal.

Shitbird tried running away. Why run away shitbird? Why not stick around and revel in your glory?
    Let s hope the FBI extracts some vital information from this guy. 
    I m glad they got him alive. Either the cop had bad aim or had a heck of a lot of restraint. 
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    mcgruff10 said:
    Brutal.

I m glad they got him alive. Either the cop had bad aim or had a heck of a lot of restraint. 
    He's not white, I'm going with bad aim. 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Brutal.

Didn't take long for one of these to appear.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Brutal.

Didn't take long for one of these to appear.
    shocker.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    Mayor says terror, Governor says “lone wolf”. 
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    CM189191 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Brutal.

Wait, what, why?
  • Options
    what is your point?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    what is your point?
    I think he's saying... one way or another... it's a terrorist act. Likely by some religious fanatic that thinks he's doing God's work.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    what is your point?
    I think he's saying... one way or another... it's a terrorist act. Likely by some religious fanatic that thinks he's doing God's work.
    got ya.  so one guy who did something terrible and there s no more out there with the same plan.  My bad beavers, I misinterpreted what you were saying.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    how long until trump blames obama?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    sad day. more innocent people lost. i have not read enough about it, but it sounds like something that they were doing in europe earlier this year.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    how long until trump blames obama?

You can bet he's working on a tweet right now. His tweets aren't simple, 'off the cuff' tweets as much as they look like they are. They are done to the best of his abilities every time. 

He scratches his orange head, plays with his wisp of hair, digs out belly button lint, and wipes the sweat from underneath his boobs before he finally settles on his words. He's the best Tweeter. He's very smart. The smartest maybe even.
  • Options
    And it seems as if every sporting event these days features a moment of silence for killed people somewhere- like today's WS game.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    mcgruff10 said:
    what is your point?
    Point is what defines terrorism and then when is there a rush to apply the label, and when is there resistance to apply it. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    Jason P said:
    CM189191 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Brutal.

Wait, what, why?
    Consider that that post was from the same person who had their earlier inappropriate post deleted.
  • Options
    Its still to early to call this guy a terrorist he inflicted terror yes but he could be totally deranged too ...
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    what is your point?
    Point is what defines terrorism and then when is there a rush to apply the label, and when is there resistance to apply it. 
    So are you saying this was not terrorism?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    what is your point?

Oh shoot.

Sorry. I misinterpreted your post. You're saying this guy is not a terrorist and this was not an act of terrorism. At least I think that's what you are saying?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    mcgruff10 said:
    what is your point?

When do we have to not worry about Unicorn worshippers with Unicorn horns stabbing random people? 

seems like an insane concept ....
  • Options
    Its still to early to call this guy a terrorist he inflicted terror yes but he could be totally deranged too ...
    The incident is being investigated as terrorism, officials said. Witnesses reported the suspect was yelling "Allahu Akbar," according to four law enforcement sources. The FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force is taking over the lead of the investigation.

"This was an act of terror, and a particularly cowardly act of terror," New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said, "aimed at innocent civilians, aimed at people going about their lives who had no idea what was about to hit them."

President Donald Trump tweeted that the incident "looks like another attack by a very sick and deranged person." In a later tweet, he wrote, "My thoughts, condolences and prayers to the victims and families of the New York City terrorist attack. God and your country are with you!"

Authorities think it is an act of terror because the driver said something moments after leaving the truck and the method of the attack were consistent with other terrorist attacks, New York Police Commissioner James P. O'Neill said. Vehicles have been used as weapons in a number of terrorist attacks in recent years, including in deadly incidents in Nice, France, and London.

This discussion has been closed.