disgusting humans

Comments

• Father Kills 14 Year-Old Son: 'He Would Rather Have a Dead Son Than a Gay Son'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/father-kills-14-old-son-233839242.html

Oh my God.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited November 2017
    JC29856 said:
    how does this belong in the disgusting humans thread?
    I already asked wtf his point is supposed to be. He never answered.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518

A 6-Year-Old Boy Was Starved to Death at 17 Pounds
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    I don't know if I can handle this thread. It's like a real life version of Seven. It's depressing as hell.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    tbergs said:
    I don't know if I can handle this thread. It's like a real life version of Seven. It's depressing as hell.
    Yeah I didn't realize starting thread about this issue would get more story's like the one that really hit me hard , I've lost some hope for human dignity and compassion & caring for each other...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    edited November 2017
    tbergs said:
    Yeah I didn't realize starting thread about this issue would get more story's like the one that really hit me hard , I've lost some hope for human dignity and compassion & caring for each other...
    Please remember for each 'stupid human being' there are many, many more good people doing good things.
    tbergs said:
    Please remember for each 'stupid human being' there are many, many more good people doing good things.
    I know that I work in a major Hospital here on Long Island i see it every day , still the news cycle shows me there are really sick minded non caring humans abound ...
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    So better go to 'Good News' afterwards... 
    These two need to rot in a dark, cold and sunless hole for the rest of their miserable lives.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/16/malnourished-and-dirty-police-find-13-children-and-siblings-chained-in-california-us-house

tbergs said:
    These two need to rot in a dark, cold and sunless hole for the rest of their miserable lives.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/16/malnourished-and-dirty-police-find-13-children-and-siblings-chained-in-california-us-house

Yeah I agree I haven’t read the whole story but did they live next to other families or in the middle of nowhere it’s unreal that shit like this happens in the supposedly best country in the world ! You would think stories like this would only happen in shithole countries that our Orange bafoon called out ...
    edited January 2018
    tbergs said:

Yeah I agree I haven’t read the whole story but did they live next to other families or in the middle of nowhere it’s unreal that shit like this happens in the supposedly best country in the world ! You would think stories like this would only happen in shithole countries that our Orange bafoon called out ...
    Yeah, they live in a neighborhood. Some odd comments from the neighbors. Didn't seem like some of them knew they had kids in the house.

There are definitely plenty of shit holes in this god forsaken place we call the USA (United Shitholes of America).
  • The Team Trump Treason Administration.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • tbergs said:

Prince Valiant had an education.

Losers of the deranged variety. Humanity would be better off without them.
  • Anyone eating meat in 2018 is disgusting and morally/emphatically ignorant. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    Anyone eating meat in 2018 is disgusting and morally/emphatically ignorant. 

There a whole section of the Food Inc. document on mass processed chickens.  It's pretty disgusting. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,828

There is a big movement toward slow food and farm to fork. With a small bit of research you can choose farms and suppliers who rear livestock in a healthy, humane way.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,199

Way to spit in the face of the vast majority of people living on the earth! Glad I could be mentioned in the same thread and given the same description as people who murder their children. 
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    tbergs said:

The age range of the 13 kids was 2-29. 13 abused human beings.  This story rocked my soul.  How could neighbors not notice something was wrong? Some reported the kids looked pale.  Some said they were out doing yard work at 9 PM.  Are we just not paying enough attention to what's happening right in our backyard? How many other situations are happening like this?
    The answer isn't to invade peoples privacy of course but man this story just screams out to me that we all need to pay a little more attention. The hell these kids went through for years!!!!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

jesus. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

No.

The factory farms are disgusting and you've definitely got a reason to be upset about those... but human beings are human beings and we need to eat. I'm not going to apologize for my existence.

People can eat meat ethically. We typically buy our meat from a local butcher who only sells free range animals. We recently bought beef from a 4H girl. We never buy the multi packs from Costco of frozen chicken breasts or wings or hamburger patties.

We also try to buy locally grown produce whenever we can (farmer's market).

That's not to say we don't ever eat meat of the 'unethical variety' (we can't control restaurant and pub selections), but we are aware of the conditions some animals endure and are not cool with it.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

Mmmmm chicken nuggets!!!

Sorry couldn't help myself 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,795
    edited January 2018

No.

The factory farms are disgusting and you've definitely got a reason to be upset about those... but human beings are human beings and we need to eat. I'm not going to apologize for my existence.

People can eat meat ethically. We typically buy our meat from a local butcher who only sells free range animals. We recently bought beef from a 4H girl. We never buy the multi packs from Costco of frozen chicken breasts or wings or hamburger patties.

That's not to say we don't ever eat meat of the 'unethical variety' (we can't control restaurant and pub selections), but we are aware of the conditions some animals endure and are not cool with it.
    You mean you're not going to apologize for your laziness and and not caring enough for other feeling, breathing beings that do not need to be killed. We have reached a point in our existence where we 1) can understand that other creatures feel pain and have a life etc and 2) we don't need to eat meat to survive. It's not harder than that. 

And talking about doing things "ethically" or "humane" when it's in the end about choosing to kill another being is bs.

Start to think, and grow a conscience. Your are doing something wrong.

RiotZact said:

Way to spit in the face of the vast majority of people living on the earth! Glad I could be mentioned in the same thread and given the same description as people who murder their children. 
    Don't see what's controversial. On a fundamental level there is no difference.

But whatever. 

I LOVE RIOT ACT.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

No.

You mean you're not going to apologize for your laziness and and not caring enough for other feeling, breathing beings that do not need to be killed. We have reached a point in our existence where we 1) can understand that other creatures feel pain and have a life etc and 2) we don't need to eat meat to survive. It's not harder than that. 

And talking about doing things "ethically" or "humane" when it's in the end about choosing to kill another being is bs.

RiotZact said:

But whatever. 

I LOVE RIOT ACT.

sure
  • And all the other animals in the cycle of life that eat other animals suck too. Are you religious? Do you believe in Santa? And God? If you do... I could understand your mentality a bit- you think we are above the other species inhabiting this earth.

If not... then don't just save your disdain for humans: fish suck. Birds suck (what did insects ever do to them?). Lions and hyenas suck. Cats suck. And all the other flesh eating animals too. We all suck.

I was born in a time where localized economies and subsistence farming is an impossibility. It's not laziness. It's reality. Hop off your high horse (and get some iron in your diet).
    And all the other animals in the cycle of life that eat other animals suck too. Are you religious? Do you believe in Santa? And God? If you do... I could understand your mentality a bit- you think we are above the other species inhabiting this earth.

If not... then don't just save your disdain for humans: fish suck. Birds suck (what did insects ever do to them?). Lions and hyenas suck. Cats suck. And all the other flesh eating animals too. We all suck.

I was born in a time where localized economies and subsistence farming is an impossibility. It's not laziness. It's reality. Hop off your high horse (and get some iron in your diet).
    The difference would be that those animals are carnivores. We are not, but we choose to be because we like the taste. You are right in that our current world doesn't make local farming and sustainability a focus so we have foregone ethical and decent conditions for how a lot of our food is raised and grown (not just meat). It completely blows, but people love low prices even though it usually means the above type of situations for the chick conveyor o' fun.

As for your comment about iron, just eat some beans and dark greens. Much better source of iron than meat. My lifestyle and economic situation allow me to choose not to eat meat or dairy products, but I also understand not everyone can afford to spend money on good clean food that was raised organically at a local level.
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited January 2018
    tbergs said:
    And all the other animals in the cycle of life that eat other animals suck too. Are you religious? Do you believe in Santa? And God? If you do... I could understand your mentality a bit- you think we are above the other species inhabiting this earth.

The difference would be that those animals are carnivores. We are not, but we choose to be because we like the taste. You are right in that our current world doesn't make local farming and sustainability a focus so we have foregone ethical and decent conditions for how a lot of our food is raised and grown (not just meat). It completely blows, but people love low prices even though it usually means the above type of situations for the chick conveyor o' fun.

As for your comment about iron, just eat some beans and dark greens. Much better source of iron than meat. My lifestyle and economic situation allow me to choose not to eat meat or dairy products, but I also understand not everyone can afford to spend money on good clean food that was raised organically at a local level.
    We're not carnivores?

I'm not so sure about that. You might like to think we aren't, but that is definitely debatable.

* My iron comment was in jest.
  • And all the other animals in the cycle of life that eat other animals suck too. Are you religious? Do you believe in Santa? And God? If you do... I could understand your mentality a bit- you think we are above the other species inhabiting this earth.

Is this a joke?
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,199

Is this a joke?
    I think the “get some iron in your diet” part was.
  • RiotZact said:

Is this a joke?
    I think the “get some iron in your diet” part was.
    Correct.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

No.

RiotZact said:

But whatever. 

I LOVE RIOT ACT.

yay, eating a burger and torturing 13 children are the same now.

good god. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD