Options

Make A Perfect PJ Pop Album

Alright, here’s the deal. No Code-Lightning Bolt era, 12 tracks, all studio versions, one studio cover allowed. Side projects are acceptable entries as well. This is what you think would be the best collection of poppier tunes that if released would obviously be geared at being more mainstream. 

And the reason the first three aren’t included is because those songs are already in the pop world of familiarity. 

Any order works. The only rules are that they have to come from the years mentioned and have to be studio. 

This could be fun. 

Comments

• Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    edited October 2017
    To me "pop" can be heavy (both in sound or lyrics). More of a "hits" collection but...

Hail Hail
    In My Tree
    Present Tense
    Given To Fly
    Do the Evolution
    In Hiding
    Light Years
    I Am Mine
    Save You
    WWS
    Unthought Known
    Just Breathe

No Fixer or Sirens from me.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Absolutely. That’s a good list. You would think there’s a place for most of those songs on modern rock stations, buuuuut...I guess not. I’m sure I’m missing some obvious ones, but it’s a start. 

Life Wasted
    Hail Hail
    Save You
    Down
    The Fixer
    U
    Sirens
    Sad
    Given to Fly 
    Smile
    Light Years
    Future Days

• Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Getaway
    Breakerfall
    Life Wasted
    World Wide Suicide
    Do the Evolution
    Given to Fly
    The Fixer
    Thumbing My Way
    Unthought Known
    Just Breathe
    Present Tense
    I Got Shit

tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,522
    edited October 2017
    Unthought Known
    Just Breathe
    Betterman
    Last Kiss
    The Fixer
    Glorified G
    All the Way
    Sirens
    Let the Records Play
    Don't Gimme no Lip
    Infallible 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    Absolutely. That’s a good list. You would think there’s a place for most of those songs on modern rock stations, buuuuut...I guess not. I’m sure I’m missing some obvious ones, but it’s a start. 

Life Wasted
    Hail Hail
    Save You
    Down
    The Fixer
    U
    Sirens
    Sad
    Given to Fly 
    Smile
    Light Years
    Future Days

"U" is definitely a poppy song. Also, I initially had "Sad" on my list but dropped it for "Just Breathe" - I prefer Sad but JB has more radio potential, I suppose.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,735
    1. Just Breathe 
    2. Do the Evo
    3. Save You 
    4. Unthought Known
    5. Smile
    6. Present Tense
    7. LBC
    8. Given To Fly 
    9. Wishlist
    10. Sirens
    11. I Am Mine
    12. Comeback
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    rummy said:

Life Wasted
    Hail Hail
    Save You
    Down
    The Fixer
    U
    Sirens
    Sad
    Given to Fly 
    Smile
    Light Years
    Future Days

"U" is definitely a poppy song. Also, I initially had "Sad" on my list but dropped it for "Just Breathe" - I prefer Sad but JB has more radio potential, I suppose.
    That’s the exact issue I had. Just Breathe or Sad. 

Also...ah, ah, ah! Gibson didn’t read the rules...despite having a solid list.