Options

Are we forgetting the Ten Club Single?

Comments

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    PB11041 said:

Then drop out. And you will never have to worry about this unacceptable behavior again.  I pray that you never run into a real problem in your life.  This is making a mountain out of a grain of sand. 
    I addressed this type of nonsense response in this very thread. I hope you don't work in any type of customer service, or any industry that involves human interaction. you'd fail miserably. 
    You see it as nonsense, the same way rational people see incessant whining about the timetable of a 45 vinyl single, which like it or not has not guaranteed timetable delivery on it, as nonsense.  The 45 is but one part of payment for membership, it it is the only part of value then alas drop out.  

I deal very well with human interaction and succeed immeasurably, which is why I can see through this tripe. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    The real question, other than petty gripes on details, has anyone actually been harmed by this delay. No. 
    That’s not the point. What a dumb thing to say.
    No actually it is the point. This is all cry baby syndrome. If the only thing that everyone wants out of their tenclub annual payment is to get the single, drop out, it is one small component and you are all acting like you have been ripped off for years and years. 

And then it is demand, demand, demand.  It is clownish. 
    What's worse? Cry baby syndrome or dismally low expectations syndrome? :pensive:
    Cry baby syndrome, because when you freaking sign up for the fanclub it never gives you a date and time for the 45 single to be in your mailbox.  

• Options
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    The real question, other than petty gripes on details, has anyone actually been harmed by this delay. No. 
    No actually it is the point. This is all cry baby syndrome. If the only thing that everyone wants out of their tenclub annual payment is to get the single, drop out, it is one small component and you are all acting like you have been ripped off for years and years. 

It isn’t crybaby anything. I don’t know any company where it’s oka to wait 2 years to get what you order. Clownish is people like you who brush it off as nothing.  Again, at no time should it ever be acceptable to be closer to paying for a membership from 2019 than it has been for 2016 and not receive the 2016 benefits. This isn’t demand, demand, demand, or childish. It’s expecting what is fucking advertised. 
    Then drop out. And you will never have to worry about this unacceptable behavior again.  I pray that you never run into a real problem in your life.  This is making a mountain out of a grain of sand. 
    You seem like the type of customer most companies would love. Easily taken advantage of, and not willing to stand up for anything. But don't project your milquetoast attitude on everyone else. Some people feel like obligations should be honored. Some see a company that is not providing products or services long ago paid for, and are providing customer feedback. 10c doesn't get a pass just because it is part of the corporate structure of the band. If you're comfortable giving a company money and not receiving products or even communication about delays, then good for you. Enjoy.
    I've not been taken advantage of, which is maybe why I don't cry everyday when I don't have a 45 put in my hands.  I paid for my 2016 single the same year I ended up with fanlcub tickets to two shows for which I would either not been at or would have needed to scalp for unreasonable prices.  Among other benefits.

Breathlessly waiting for the threads that complain about the contents of the eventually delivered single.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    PB11041 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

What's worse? Cry baby syndrome or dismally low expectations syndrome? :pensive:
    Cry baby syndrome, because when you freaking sign up for the fanclub it never gives you a date and time for the 45 single to be in your mailbox.  
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    I frequent other forums far more often nowadays because all of this nonsense.  I was a little shocked yet unsurprised by someone’s post in a Pearl Jam reissues thread on a vinyl forum that just said “Pearl Jam fans are the worst of any band.  If you want to see it for yourself, visit their fan club forum. Incessant whining, spoiled elitists, they’ve become what other bands strive to avoid.”  I was like “oh shit!”  It took an outsider for me to realize how petty it all is.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    PB11041 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

So unless a company sets s specific time, they can take 2+ years to fulfill an order? The term "annual" single isnt enough to imply we get one a year?
    There needs to be some common sense applied to all transactions. 
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

It isn’t crybaby anything. I don’t know any company where it’s oka to wait 2 years to get what you order. Clownish is people like you who brush it off as nothing.  Again, at no time should it ever be acceptable to be closer to paying for a membership from 2019 than it has been for 2016 and not receive the 2016 benefits. This isn’t demand, demand, demand, or childish. It’s expecting what is fucking advertised. 
    You seem like the type of customer most companies would love. Easily taken advantage of, and not willing to stand up for anything. But don't project your milquetoast attitude on everyone else. Some people feel like obligations should be honored. Some see a company that is not providing products or services long ago paid for, and are providing customer feedback. 10c doesn't get a pass just because it is part of the corporate structure of the band. If you're comfortable giving a company money and not receiving products or even communication about delays, then good for you. Enjoy.
    I've not been taken advantage of, which is maybe why I don't cry everyday when I don't have a 45 put in my hands.  I paid for my 2016 single the same year I ended up with fanlcub tickets to two shows for which I would either not been at or would have needed to scalp for unreasonable prices.  Among other benefits.

Breathlessly waiting for the threads that complain about the contents of the eventually delivered single.
    You could have received those same tickets with a digital membership. The point is that people paid additional money for additional benefits, and those additional benefits were not provided during the membership period.

As far as your last sentence goes, that is a completely different topic. If you are happy with whatever nonsense they want to press on a 45, then again, good for you. If we get something full band that we haven't had access to before (like Murphy's for instance), I'll be right there with praise. If we get another single of Ed and one of his Hollywood friends, I'll be right there with derision. I am a discriminating consumer. You obviously are not. Different strokes.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,815
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

I addressed this type of nonsense response in this very thread. I hope you don't work in any type of customer service, or any industry that involves human interaction. you'd fail miserably. 
    You see it as nonsense, the same way rational people see incessant whining about the timetable of a 45 vinyl single, which like it or not has not guaranteed timetable delivery on it, as nonsense.  The 45 is but one part of payment for membership, it it is the only part of value then alas drop out.  

I deal very well with human interaction and succeed immeasurably, which is why I can see through this tripe. 
    i actually see your posts as more negative and whining as anyone respectfully asking where the single is. 

it is also not up to you to decide what is worth it to be in the fan club for someone or not. for some it might be tickets. for others, where the band doesn't tour, it might be the 45 and the magazine. for others it might simply be the relationships they've forged here over the years. for many it's a combination. 

so I guess if I subscribe, per my previous example, to rolling stone, and I don't get my magazines in a timely fashion, which, what you aren't getting, IS A REASONABLE EXPECTATION OF PURCHASE/SERVICE, but wasn't expressly stated in the subscription fine print, I'd have no reason to complain if it arrived a year late. 

"succeed immeasurably". that made me laugh. you sound like Donald Trump. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I frequent other forums far more often nowadays because all of this nonsense.  I was a little shocked yet unsurprised by someone’s post in a Pearl Jam reissues thread on a vinyl forum that just said “Pearl Jam fans are the worst of any band.  If you want to see it for yourself, visit their fan club forum. Incessant whining, spoiled elitists, they’ve become what other bands strive to avoid.”  I was like “oh shit!”  It took an outsider for me to realize how petty it all is.
    I dunno man. I personally find posts about how much we all suck as fans and how everyone hates us and that we're all a bunch of assholes to be a lot more negative than expressions of dissatisfaction with poor customer service. ;)
    FWIW, you can find identical comments about every big fan base in the world. You should see what people say about Phish and Radiohead fans, hahaha. =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jesus, I used to go to other forums and found the same if not worse comments/threads. that's why I stuck around here. at least MOST people here can have honest dialogue without being a dick. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    FWIW, you can find identical comments about every big fan base in the world. You should see what people say about Phish and Radiohead fans, hahaha. =)
    Probably true but I’m certainly not going to search for more negativity out there, regardless of who or what it’s about.  That’s easy to find these days.  
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Probably true but I’m certainly not going to search for more negativity out there, regardless of who or what it’s about.  That’s easy to find these days.  
    Sure.... you're aware that you're being super negative though, right? I mean, be negative if you want to be negative. You just don't really seem to be aware of the fact that you're the one insulting a bunch of people just because you don't happen to like what they have to say.
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 932
    the way i see it is that for whatever reason they dont record a annual single, they could have easily put out something that is on a bootleg or readily available.  I dont see the point in that.  Dont want an annual single for the hell of it if its a live recording i can listen to on youtube now.

So if they delay it a year or whatever and put out a studio single i'd be more happy.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,841
    With the winter Olympic around the corner maybe They are writing Olympic platinum part two for the upcoming single. (Still could be my favorite fan club single song.)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    With the winter Olympic around the corner maybe They are writing Olympic platinum part two for the upcoming single. (Still could be my favorite fan club single song.)
    As long as they change "like Bruce Jenner" to "like Caitlyn Jenner", then all will be good. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mcgruff10 said:
    As long as they change "like Bruce Jenner" to "like Caitlyn Jenner", then all will be good. 
    :lol:

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    the way i see it is that for whatever reason they dont record a annual single, they could have easily put out something that is on a bootleg or readily available.  I dont see the point in that.  Dont want an annual single for the hell of it if its a live recording i can listen to on youtube now.

So if they delay it a year or whatever and put out a studio single i'd be more happy.
    I dont think the issue is the delay as much as the zero communication. If there was a formal announcement that said something along those lines and indicated they had specific plans that required additional time that would be different than being a year late with zero communication. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,841
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lol. Nice!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Sure.... you're aware that you're being super negative though, right? I mean, be negative if you want to be negative. You just don't really seem to be aware of the fact that you're the one insulting a bunch of people just because you don't happen to like what they have to say.
    If you see it that way then that’s cool, I’m fine with that.  I don’t mean to be insulting though.  Again, I’m just aick
    of the bullshit on this forum!  Personally, I have no issues with their shipping, it works fine for me.  International folks I feel have it rough. If I don’t like a product, I don’t buy it.  If something sells out that I wanted, I buy it for more from someone on here or somewhere else.  I’m an anal dog member but I’ll prob go back to digital next time, but that’s as far as I go. I think 10c does an awesome job overall and gives us a great place to commiserate, so I have no gripes with them.  I’ve gotten several PM’s the last few days saying that they too agree that this shit is petty and hilarious, so people behind the scenes agree with me, regardless of what you think.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

So unless a company sets s specific time, they can take 2+ years to fulfill an order? The term "annual" single isnt enough to imply we get one a year?
    There needs to be some common sense applied to all transactions. 
    They haven't even taken a year though.  There is so much conflating in these posts.  It's been 10 months since 2016 ended, not 2+ years.  The renewal date of membership has no bearing on when you would get the single, on time, or delayed.   If you paid for your 2016 membership in the fall of 2015, you still would not have been getting the 2016 single until late 2016 had everything been on time, not when you renew.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    If you see it that way then that’s cool, I’m fine with that.  I don’t mean to be insulting though.  Again, I’m just aick
    of the bullshit on this forum!  Personally, I have no issues with their shipping, it works fine for me.  International folks I feel have it rough. If I don’t like a product, I don’t buy it.  If something sells out that I wanted, I buy it for more from someone on here or somewhere else.  I’m an anal dog member but I’ll prob go back to digital next time, but that’s as far as I go. I think 10c does an awesome job overall and gives us a great place to commiserate, so I have no gripes with them.  I’ve gotten several PM’s the last few days saying that they too agree that this shit is petty and hilarious, so people behind the scenes agree with me, regardless of what you think.
    yeah, anyone who has an issue with customer service and/or not getting something they paid for is "petty". I see you say often about how many pm's you get, conveniently reinforcing your views on any number of subjects. I call bullshit. 

if you've had a positive experience, great. good for you. not everyone has. doesn't make your experience "right" or "the norm". it just means your experience is different. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 932
      I’m an anal dog member 
    Can we stay on topic please  ;)
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    People within 10 Club are PM’ing you that they find people asking for communication petty?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    Communication.  It's not the end of the world that it's late but... Just a note stating it's delayed would eliminate 90% of the complaints. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

i actually see your posts as more negative and whining as anyone respectfully asking where the single is. 

it is also not up to you to decide what is worth it to be in the fan club for someone or not. for some it might be tickets. for others, where the band doesn't tour, it might be the 45 and the magazine. for others it might simply be the relationships they've forged here over the years. for many it's a combination. 

so I guess if I subscribe, per my previous example, to rolling stone, and I don't get my magazines in a timely fashion, which, what you aren't getting, IS A REASONABLE EXPECTATION OF PURCHASE/SERVICE, but wasn't expressly stated in the subscription fine print, I'd have no reason to complain if it arrived a year late. 

Good grief.  You must forge really great relationships. I hope your 45 arrives cracked.

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

Good grief.  You must forge really great relationships. I hope your 45 arrives cracked.
    I do, actually. and your juvenile last sentence says it all.  
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    Also... it's clearly not the fan club that is holding it up.  I'm sure the club is waiting on the band members to choose the songs and create/approve the artwork for the jacket.  

I know there are things where I work that I've been waiting all year for my superiors to make decisions on so I can get things done.. I'm sure it's no different at the ten club. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    edited October 2017
    Flaunting your immeasurable success and now wishing a cracked 45 on another member.. you are too much to handle lol :get_outta_here:

I’m sure 10C will do what is right in the end. And this thread will die away into the depths of the porch. 
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Flaunting your immeasurable success and now wishing a cracked 45 on another member.. you are too much to handle lol :get_outta_here:
    no shit. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Why don;t you apply that same logic with the forum? If you dont like the thread, you dont read it? You have to see the irony of complaining about how everyone complains?
This discussion has been closed.